5.0 out of 5 stars Great pocket pet book
I'm not a pocket pet expert at all, so this is my "go to" book when I get a small critter in. Lots of information, and very easy to navigate. Nice drug charts in the back too.
Published on July 24, 2009 by K. Raisbeck

2.0 out of 5 stars A Picture Speaks a Thousand Words
The author has clearly conducted many necropsies and has thorough knowledge of rabbit anatomy. However, the information would be far more efficiently conveyed via photos and diagrams rather than verbosity.

Organization is poor; it rambles. I will concede it does contain some interesting and arbitrarily placed trivia about rabbits.

A far ,more useful...
Published 18 months ago by S. Katherine Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pocket pet book, July 24, 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful Book, April 15, 2006
I got this book so I can better understand what the heck the vet was telling me about two of my ferrets. It is a reall good resouce for pet owners to learn more about the different medical conditions that will come up with owning a ferret. However, be warned!.... This book explains thing in terminology that a vet or a vet tech will understand. It is not a book for the average person per se, but it did help me ask the right questions and to be better informed. One vet I talked to uses this book as a reference quite often. I enjoyed going through this book and it was very educational.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, July 17, 2012
This book is helpful with my hedgehogs. It is hard to find a vet that is knowledgeable with hedgehog care. I have a farm vet that is willing to see our hedgehogs for our USDA license. He finds this book helpful also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, August 9, 2011
Nala Olin (Madison, Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
This book is a great reference for ferrets and rabbits, as well as others, like guinea pigs, sugar gliders, hamsters, etc.

My only complaint about this book is that the pictures are all black-and-white. However, the text is good enough that you usually don't need the pics.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent veterinary reference, May 12, 2007
I have the previous edition of "the pink book", and knowledge has advanced in these species such that I desperately needed the new edition. An excellent text that is a must have if you see small mammal patients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Newest edition with great updates, June 9, 2014
I was researching OVH in bunnies and found a reference to OV alone as a better choice with a portion of a chapter devolted to it in this edition. Worth it for that alone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great general overview, June 7, 2014
This review is from: Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery, 3e (Paperback)
A staple text for anyone practicing small mammal medicine. Useful as a reference text as well as an overview of the species covered.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect reference- kindle edition, October 31, 2013
I am moving more towards electronic reference materials as a vet as I can pull them up easily on my kindle account on my office computer. I have been very pleased with this book and it is easy to read as well as straight forward with information to pass on to owners. ALso pleased with the pictures and graphics.

5.0 out of 5 stars CONCISE AND AUTHORITATIVE, October 25, 2013
RairFind (Central California) - See all my reviews
An excellent reference with valuable photo documentation of conditions and procedures. I know of no other text that even approaches it in depth and detail of this often over-looked category of pets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference book, August 23, 2013
Great reference book for pocket pets. I succesfully performed my first rabbit spay & neuter with the help of this book!!

Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery, 3e
Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery, 3e by James W. Carpenter MS DVM Dipl ACZM (Paperback - December 12, 2011)
$87.95 $68.67