5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent maternity product! But you also need ...
Published on August 8, 2011 by Nicole Curren

3.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job. Buy Maternity pants!
Published on February 5, 2010 by T. Larson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent maternity product! But you also need ..., August 8, 2011
These do what exactly what they say they will do, namely allow you to continue wearing your normal non-maternity pants through most, if not all, of your pregnancy. Using these I was able to use regular pants through my ENTIRE pregnancy. They were a real blessing because I wear tall length pants, and it is impossible to find reasonably priced maternity wear in tall sizes that is remotely attractive. In addition, I need to wear suits to work, and these kept me from spending a fortune on a maternity wardrobe that would only be worn for a few months.

I understand some of the negative comments made by other reviewers. Yes, the edges of the fly of your pants will be visible under tight fitting tops, and the smallest size is still too large for early pregnancy when your normal pants first stop fitting, BUT ... these are problems which were completely fixed by wearing Baby be Mine belly bands under your top, but over the waist of your pants. The belly band helps to hold up your pants when the smallest extender is still a little too lose for comfort. The belly bands also hold down the edges of the fly of your pants, which would otherwise stick out and look bumpy and unattractive under even moderately form fitting tops without the belly band holding it all down.

I can't recommend both of these products highly enough, I'm newly pregnant with my second baby and I'm so relieved that I kept by belly belts and belly bands from the first time around. Happy pregnancy ladies!

3.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job. Buy Maternity pants!, February 5, 2010
T. Larson "EyeJuggle" (Blue Bell, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Belly belt does exactly what is says it does- it keeps the front of your pants (dress or denim) from coming open. The problems are: 1) the corners of the pants still stick up so if your shirt is the least bit form fitting (which it almost certainly is because you're wearing non-pregnant clothes which are starting to be a wee small) then you can see the corners through the shirt. One woman at work must have told me my pants were unzipped about six times before I showed her the belly belt and said I KNOW they're unzipped! 2) The belly band (even the small one) is too big very early on. My pants started being too tight at 8 weeks, but I didn't need the corners two inches apart. 3) I stuffed the panel onto one of the little ones (you're not supposed to use a panel with the small ones) because my dress pants wouldn't stay and weren't comfortable half zipped. Besides, as an eye doctor, I'm always raising my arms so unless I wear a mumu the shirt would reveal part of the unzipped pants.

Bottom line, maternity pants are way better. The belly belt does hold your pants closed, so if the pants are tight enough around your butt and thighs to stay up mostly by themselves, you're fine. Just don't expect it to look perfect or to be nearly as smooth or comfortable as maternity pants!

5.0 out of 5 stars This item works GREAT!, December 23, 2008
I love this product because I'm in that akward stage where I cant wear maternity clothes just yet but my regular clothes dont fit anymore.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, May 5, 2010
This is nice when you are too small to fit into maternity clothes (or you just hate them like me) but I'm carrying my baby in my hips apparently, since I could not get most of my pants over my hips past 5 months (but still had no belly).
There is no way I would walk around with my zipper open even with the panel thing on, it still does not match your clothing color 100%.
I just ended up using the belt without the panels and using the 2 lace bella bands that I got from ebay to cover my open zipper.
The slider type button belt did not fit all my work pants (only the ones from Banana Republic which have a large slider) so if you have pants from say for example "Express" that have a small slider, the belt won't work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific when used with a BellaBand, July 2, 2010
Stephanie (Westminster, CO United States) - See all my reviews
The Belly Belt is awesome and I rate it five stars, but only when used in conjunction with a Bellaband. (I'd rate it three stars by itself). Use the Belly Belt to hold your pants closed allowing the extra space you need, then fold the BellaBand down over it. Voila! Smooth and secure, your pants stay up, are bigger to fit your growing belly, and the BellaBand covers the unzipped zipper (and looks like a layered cami). This combination has allowed me to wear all of my regular clothes comfortably through my first trimester, and unless my hips widen considerably, I think I can do the same through part or most of my second trimester.

You can use this product alone and it's comfortable, but it causes the open zipper area to bulge and crinkle, so you definitley want to wear a long and possibly voluminous top over it. Or perhaps a long cami to smooth the zipper area.

Specifically about the Belly Belt combo: I love this set. It has three colored panels (black, white, denim) to fill the v left by the open zipper. There are four belts, a small and large, each in two styles. Style one: buttons for use with jeans, khakis,and other zip/button pants. Style two: hook/sliders for use with slacks, dress/work pants. Each belt has three size settings so the belts can grow as your belly does. It's a great invention, I recommend this (and the BellaBand) as your VERY FIRST maternity clothes!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as much use for it as I thought, May 6, 2010
The idea is great, however I rarely used it. I used the smallest button one a few times and the rest of them not at all. Even the small one is still too big. I went back to using a hair tie around the button and through the loop. i never used the fabric pieces either. I think the problem is I'm small(size 2) so my hips get pretty big when I'm pregnant(size 9) and therefore I can't really wear my pants too long before I have to get another size. It might work better for someone who stays in their pants the whole time and just needs more room for their belly.

4.0 out of 5 stars worked as expected., August 29, 2009
You know these are okay. They work really well when you just need a little extra room. When I started to get bigger though I got more self consious that my shirt would come up and show off my little belly belt. I do like them though and am still wearing them. :) They work best now with a belly band on top, but worked great by themselves earlier on in pregnancy. These saved me from buying maternity clothes until I was 5 months pregnant (With twins). :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasted my money, December 23, 2011
Todd B. (New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fertile Mind Women's Maternity Belt (Apparel)
My wife saw this product online and decided it would allow her to continue wearing her favorite pants during her pregnancy. The kit includes a few colors of cloth and different stretch attachments. These can be connected to have a bunch of different lengths, with either buttons or hook style clasps. It all seems like it would be great, but...

The colors of the cloth inserts never exactly match the pants they are used with. If anyone sees you wearing this, the first thought is that your pants are unzipped and your underwear is showing. This might work if you're wearing a long shirt, but for most pregnant women the shirt will lift easily exposing the unzipped zipper and unmatching cloth.

My wife has never worn it in public.

2.0 out of 5 stars these didn't really work for me, December 15, 2009
I was excited to try these, but was disappointed. I felt exposed when I wore one, and it popped off my pants within 5 minutes! My husband looked at them to make sure I wasn't using them wrong, and he said I wasn't. It really is quite simple, so I'm not sure why they won't stay on my pants. Maybe I'm not big enough yet? I am 20+ weeks pregnant and looking for a way to wear my pre-pregnancy pants without them being buttoned, but this isn't something I can wear out of the house. I ordered a bella band instead, because I'm hoping the greater coverage will make them more secure. This is really just something to connect the button and button hole, with a small amount of fabric to cover your exposed area. If your shirt rode up, it would be clear your pants were undone; I think the band (which looks more like a layer) might be safer in that sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for me, April 8, 2009
These are really useful. I am now 4 months pregnant with my 3rd child, and lent all my maternity smalls and mediums to a friend out of state and haven't gotten them back yet. I was so tired of wearing sweatpants every day, but did not want to spend any more money on maternity clothes, seeing as how I already have a full wardrobe--even if it is a couple hundred miles away. These were a great solution... However, I was a size 4 when I got pregnant, but now most of my size 4s are too small in the thighs and bum, but luckily I had recently lost a lot of weight and also had a bunch of size 6's which now fit perfectly with the bands on the smallest setting. I don't even find myself pulling my pants up often with these on, even though they are unbuttoned and mostly unzipped. I think I will be able to wear my "regular" clothes throughout most of my pregnancy with these, and get back into them right after I deliver. I wish I knew about these with my other pregnancies! **Note however that these would not have worked for me if I didn't have the next size up pants!**

Fertile Mind Women's Maternity Belt