Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on November 1, 2012
I read extremely fast and go through a lot of books. Recently I've been unimpressed with many mainstream and independent authors alike. When I stumbled on the Girls Wearing Black series, I was absolutely floored.

Spencer Baum has come up with a truly original concept in the midst of all the vampire lore currently circulating. He combines paranormal with politics, backstabbing and espionage. Truly a page turner! Festival of the Moon was even better than the first. I love the way Nicky and Jill are coming to life, along with the rest of their classmates as Mr.Baum weaves his web, setting up what's to come.

The only problem I have with this book is I now have to wait on the next one to be finished! LOVED IT!!!
on January 7, 2013
I was greatly looking forward to this installment of the series by the time I'd finished devouring the first book. Unfortunately it just didn't read as well as the first book did for me. Not that it was bad, it just felt rather rushed (particularly when you take into account the amount of time it actually covered).

Still, this is a series I plan on sticking with as I am interested to see how some of the issues and situations get resolved. I just hope that for the remainder of the books the characters stay true to themselves, without radical shifts in personality that are put down to maturing [too much for a 24-hour period to explain, especially for a teenager].

Being such a short book it it still easily worth reading, if only to work towards getting the answers for things that took place in the first book.
on August 3, 2014
For only the second time in my life, I read a free e-book and had to buy part two. Normally I resist as I am morally opposed to a story being told in a series and the author charging for each part of what should be a complete novel.

The Girls Wearing Black series had me hooked and it was one of those times where I couldn't put it out of my mind and move on, and I am now on Book Four, having purchased and read them one after the other.

The Festival of The Moon is a great continuation, answering some questions from the first book and raising many more of it's own. It is well constructed and well written, with a high standard of proof reading. The story itself reads as quite simplistic but is absolutely captivating. You swing back and forth with the characters, loving them one minute, then disapproving of some actions the next. If this was a T.V. series, there are points when you would be screaming at the set.

These books could be read as stand alone, as the author does recap the previous events, but does so in a way that doesn't bore the pants of those who are reading it as a series. I would have to recommend you buy them all and read them in order.

A great set of characters that you have to love or hate, there is no indifference and a story that sucks you in and hooks you. Highly recommended for all ages of reader.
on September 29, 2012
Better than the first and with more action - finished it so quickly I cannot believe it is longer than the first book..., I am impatiently looking forward to the next one!
on July 18, 2016
This series just gets better and better! Unlike any other vampire series this one is truly unique. Filled with mystery Intrigue and suspense; you will find yourself sitting at the edge of your seat, from page 1 all the way through to the end. I love the way the story is told Through The Eyes of the characters. This is simply writing at its best!
on August 23, 2014
THE FESTIVAL OF THE MOON (Girls Wearing Black, Book 2) - by Spencer Baum

Nicky Bloom has made it to stage two of her Coronation process. This is where she mingles with all the Senior class boys hoping they would bid money on her for a date at the auction.

More secrets are revealed as Nicky and Jill find out more devious dealings between the wealthy and the immortals. Jill comes to find out that her mother is nothing more than a "slave" that was bought from the farm by her father. Double dealing going on between the top Vampires for control as Queen.

Nicky trying to retrieve the one memory in her subconscious that will explain her existence as she travels to Italy to find the truth about her past.
on June 20, 2013
Normally after reading book 1 in a series the second one isn't anywhere near as good as the first one was. In this case the second one built where the first one ended. It was just as good if not better. It left me looking forward to the third book that is yet to be written. Darn I hate when that happens. LOL. A must read IMHO.
Dawn
on February 26, 2014
I'm about to start book 3, coming to this series a couple of days ago. I hate waiting for another installment so I purchased all three available. Page turners. Fast reads. A YA that can be enjoyed by adults. My only complaint is that the series will continue and I will have to wait.
on July 8, 2014
Even better than the first book in the series, which was great! The plot keeps you turning pages long into the night and the suspense keeps you jumping at the slightest noise. The characters are fascinating!

If you are a fan of stories about vampires -oops, I mean immortals- you'll love this series.
on March 4, 2013
This book is so amazing! I now realize that I have been wrong all along. Nicky is the Strong Weapon, Jill is the Computer Mastermind, Kim is the Preppy Scandliest, and Shannon is the Escape Artist. I know some people may think this review is weird, but it's the truth. Everything in The Girls in Black Series makes me wanting more. I am so happy that the 3rd book is coming out in this year! *Squeals* I can't wait! For those who have not yet read this book, don't listen to what I'm about to say next. I AM SO HAPPY MELISSA IS DEAD! Thanks, and if maybe someone could, PLEASE, tell me when the next book comes out! Date wise, Bye!