Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

on August 29, 2012
Initially after reading the first couple of pages I was wondering if I would like this book. A hunter of the Fey finds a Fey woman dying in a cemetery and instead of killing her, he saves her life on a feeling and the recommendation from his dog called Pixie - strange enough. Asha is the Queen of the Fey of all the clans and she has abandoned her people and gone on the run to free herself from the burden of producing an heir. Joe who is the hunter and also "Fey-touched" is immortal, has wings and hunts the Rogue Fey who prey on people and try and steal their soul or Mana. Somthing about Asha calls to Joe and he decides he wants her as his mate, keeping her a secret from his friends who would kill her on site. Then we are introduced to Fallon who is a female hunter and she is having disturbing visions of a woman who she thinks is her sister only she doesn't have any family buts feels compelled to find her. This book started out slow for me but the pace picked up mid way through and it became really interesting. Little did they know but these two women are sisters and their lives have been engineered long ago for this meeting to occur. In between running for her life, escaping from Fey assassins and evil Magi, Asha must find Fallon for she is the key to their destiny and the lives of the hunters may very well depend on it. How far would you go to save the ones you love, would you die for them? The world building is unique as it twists the modern day with the stories of the Fey and the old world traditions. Time is running out and who will survive? I especially liked the tradition of farewelling the hunters when they died with the use of the Falcon and calling on the Greek Goddess Artemis - Goddess of the Hunt and Protector of the vulnerable. I look forward to the next book in the series.
on August 19, 2012
Erin Zarro has crafted a fascinating new focus on the ages old world of the Fey, centered on the Hunters and the Fey. The Hunters are Fey Touched immortal creatures who exist in a world of black and white where they live, train, and honor their commitment to hunt down the Fey, especially those who hurt or endanger humans. The Hunters are gifted with wings that appear upon their request and train to keep themselves in prime condition for hunting and destroying the Fey. The Fey are, as always, beautiful, unreal, mystical characters who reside in the Fey Court and believe themselves entitled to whatever they choose, even the nectar of mana - the souls of any who live. The two never mix except to battle the other until one of the Hunters, Joe, and his lovable and psychic dog find a gorgeous Fey woman lying almost dead, freezing on a grave. Joe who has never been convinced that all Fey are totally evil feels compelled to rescue the Fey woman, Asha, take her home and care for her.
Simultaneously, Fallon, another Hunter, finds herself dreaming about a woman, a Fey woman, who she believes is related to her and may even be her sister. Risking everything, she starts to search for the Fey woman by slipping into time to discover who she is and how they are related.
Joe and Fallon are not the only Hunters who are finding themselves in unusual circumstances; other Hunters find themselves falling ill, experiencing symptoms consistent with the Bubonic Plague, yet unresponsive to antibiotics. The immortal Hunters' lives are at risk and it appears that Asha, the full blooded Fey may have the answer to the threat to their lives.
Zarro's characters are fascinating, their motivations clear and their storylines are compelling. Merging these three separate themes together to create a logical and compelling read was no easy task, yet Zarro manages it with a very deft touch, creating a world that the reader does not want to leave until the story is complete.
on August 10, 2012
Mmm, interesting. In the first two pages, the character Joe finds an unconscious woman in a cemetery... and he doesn't kill her, even though he has that right, because he is a hunter of her kind; her kind being the Fey. No, he rescues her.

Intriguing. Clearly, Zarro knows how to hook her readers, because who saves someone they're supposed to kill? And why? But she doesn't stop *there*, because the woman has to wake sometime, and when she--Asha--does, she is immediately in conflict with Joe: Asha knows what Joe is, what rights he has and is obviously not going to let it happen.

But soon enough we must leave Joe and Asha to their meeting and we are introduced to a girl called Fallon. Like Joe, she is a hunter. Unlike Joe (or at least he hasn't been mentioned as such [but he is male, so... *grin*]) she is dreaming about some woman, whom Fallon sort of thinks may be related to her--except that Fallon has no family.

What Zarro has not yet established midway through the second chapter is the world of Fey Touched. It is not conclusive as to when and where this is taking place--whilst the quick assumption is that it is a fantasy world of Zarro's creation, this world has not yet been named. In addition, there are a lot of real-world elements: dentists, scientists, coffee, as well as other conventions, but the biggest is the mention of actual humans in the storied universe.

Whether this is accidental, or deliberate, it makes the story no less compelling, for it is a third hook for the reader. With these, Zarro has created an engaging story within the first two chapters; the question remains as to whether what follows will keep one engaged as one reads on for the answers.

Methinks the answer is yes, for in Fallon's first attempt at finding the woman, Zarro shows talent in opening more questions for the reader.

As the story progresses, Zarro draws the reader in, developing the relationship between Joe and Asha, developing Asha's motivations and reasons for being in that cemetery and increasing Fallon's obsession with tracking down this woman. As she does, we learn more and more about the Fey, the Fey Touched and why they are enemies. Though Zarro continues in her path of not naming the world--and it seems to me that the world is our own world in some respects, given mentions of Star Wars, King and Patterson (Stephen and James, I assume), just set into a fantasy future--she does not forget to develop the world, establishing laws, customs and even punishments. Something, at some point, went down in this world's history, and the after effects of that are somewhat chilling.

Zarro shows exceptional promise in the way she brings all three story-lines together, binding them with a problem that appears to have no solution from individual standpoints--but when all three story-lines ultimately collide, the solution becomes apparent. Even now, Zarro shows good judgement in avoiding deus ex machina: the solution's parts have been staring readers in the face, but once the parts have been put together, there is still much to be done in order to implement it.

A brilliant effort by Erin Zarro.
on July 5, 2015
This is another good book by Erin. I enjoy reading about the Fey and it does not get old for me. I read all I can and dream of there people at night in a fantasy world of my own! I think the beginning of this book was a good way to hook readers into this great book. You want to follow on the journey and see how it all ends. * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
on July 31, 2012

A brilliant effort by Erin Zarro.
on February 21, 2015
Nice start, i got gripped right away. i liked the the concept. But i couldn't finish it. There was such too much lengthy pages about "Does he love me ?" "Do I love him ?". I just got really really bored with it. I was afraid the end would be too predictable, also. May be it is not. The book could have been way shorter and retain the plot and the thrill. Needs a good editor, i think.
on September 20, 2012
Good Points

I love the storyline, first of all. A year ago I really didn't like the sci-fi genre, but because of books like these, it's starting to grow on me. And the start of the book sucked me in straight away; the was no immediate back story, just straight into the action, which really hooks the reader. I also like that the world Zarro has created is one of her own fantasy, but it also has elements of our world, giving it a grounded feel. Erin Zarro is a cunning writer, weaving three separate storylines throughout the story that ultimately collide towards the end of the story. The descriptions of both the characters and the environment were beautiful, and gave you enough information without bogging the reader down with long lengths about scenery.

Bad Points

I really couldn't find anything in this novel I would describe as a bad point. This is a fantastic first offering from Erin Zarro.

Overall

This is an amazing book. A unique storyline, carefully crafted world, vivid characters...there was nothing I didn't like about this book. I highly recommend this book to anyone, even if you don't like sci-fi or fantasy...you soon will. I look forward eagerly to the next book that Erin Zarro will bring us.

I give this novel....5/5 Stars!
on July 16, 2013
I was provided with a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.
This book dragged me in and refused to let me go. Or was it that I refused to go.........
I found the book a bit slow to start off with and I thought I was going to have a difficult time getting into it. How wrong was I! After the first few chapters I was hooked, I hated the fact that I had to eat, sleep, work, cook...... well you know ANYTHING but read this book.
The book is a fantasy book about the Fey and Fey Touched and is told in 3 different POV. There is Asha the Fey Queen, Joe a Fey Touched warrior and Fallon, also a Fey Touched warrior.
The book starts with Joe discovering Asha unconscious in a grave yard and takes her home. Joe and Asha fall for each other even though they can't be together. You see, the Fey Touched hunt rogue Fey's and either kill them or do some pretty mean torture ritual on them. So as they are enemies they really can't be together, their respective kinds just won't allow it.
Fallon is a part of Joe's team and is disturbed by some dreams that she has been having. In a bid to try and discover the truth behind the dreams she becomes a drug addict. Fallon is a full on bad ass, chick with a stomach of steel.
Cue some other bad ass warriors, a psychic dog, some other nasty's and a dose of the bubonic plague, a shake of love scenes and you have the ingredients for one rockin fantasy novel. At one point I couldn't take more suspense, I wanted to put the book down because I was scared at what was going to happen next but at the same time I had to keep reading to find out what happened next!
This book had me wanting to ditch work and sit there reading until I was done.
The storyline is well thought out and well executed. The characters develop well and mess together really well.
There are twists and turns that you just didn't expect never mind see coming.
An excellent book and one I would read again.
on July 10, 2013
First off, I have to admit this is not a genre that I normally read. I had the opportunity to get a free copy of Fey Touched in return for a review and thought I would give it a try. I am sure glad that I did! Author Erin Zarro has created an amazingly engaging world in which there is an age-old conflict between the Fey and those known as the Hunters. The Fey are ethereal beings who conduct themselves as beyond the normal constraints of morality and feed upon the souls of the mortal. Meanwhile, the Hunters or Fey Touched are immortals living only to destroy those Fey endangering humans. That is the structure in which the story takes place. However, it is the authors attention to the emotional conflict within the characters that truly makes Fey Touched a great read!

Since this is just the first book in the series, the talented Erin Zarro promises more engaging works to come! I look forward to returning to the world of the Fey.
on July 17, 2013
I thought Fey Touched was an original idea, and liked the story line. What I did not like was the multi point of views throughout this entire book. I thought that made the book confusing and difficult to follow if you leave off during a chapter, as when you resumed reading you might not be sure of who turn it was to be the narrator. I only noticed very minor flaws in editing, ex using the word heave instead of have. It did not take much away from the book.
I really like the close bonds the sisters have, and love that their mother was there in the end to guide them. I like the bonds the mates have towards each other, and was relieved that they remained strong. I think the end with Francesca seemed to be hurried. I think with one so evil she would have put up much more of a duel. But all in all I think this is a great story, and look forward to see what happens next.
This book was given to me for an honest review.