5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and useful articles about outdoor recreation
Published on August 31, 2009 by C. Wood

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for Bonnier Corp!
Published 9 months ago by cdmi

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and useful articles about outdoor recreation, August 31, 2009
C. Wood (Ohio, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Field & Stream (1-year) (Magazine)
I have purchased individual copies of Field and Stream on and off for years, but until today I never actually considered subscribing. I've purchased the past three issues at the news stand and I've thoroughly enjoyed them. I'm not a hunter, but I do occasionally fish, camp, hike, and visit the target range. I'm also interested in sustainable living and emergency preparedness. The past few issues of Field and Stream that I've purchased have offered excellent information on fishing, emergency preparedness, hiking, camping, and wildlife preservation. I've also enjoyed their campfire recipes, gardening tips, and product reviews for things like binoculars, backpacks, firearms, and fishing equipment. Their articles seem to be written by very intelligent, nature-loving individuals that have a passion for wildlife preservation and a lot of outdoor experience. It might be wise to pick up single issues from the magazine rack over a few months before you subscribe; to help you decide if it's a subscription that you'll enjoy. I recommend Field and Stream for anyone that spends recreational time in the outdoors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous mag. for nature lovers!, January 24, 2008
This review is from: Field & Stream (1-year) (Magazine)
If you are a hunter or a nature lover, the pictures in this magazine are well worth every penny. I really enjoy reading the articles and finding out about new products on the horizon. Whether its deer or fish, they always have some information I can use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reading for the outdoorsman (person), September 24, 2004
This review is from: Field & Stream (1-year) (Magazine)
If your looking for a degree in Wildlife management go to college and spend a bunch of money! If your looking for interesting reading material I would say this is my favorite outdoor magazine. By the way I am a student in Wildlife managemet and 99% of the time what they say is true. And the way they write it makes it so much nicer to read than text book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great magazine, February 27, 2010
C. Starr "KStarr" (SHEPHERDSVILLE, KY, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Field & Stream (1-year) (Magazine)
This magazine is the best one out there. Everything is discussed, from surviving in the bush to gourmet deer recipes. If your a fisher, hunter, gun enthusiast, knot tier, hiker, boater, or kite flying, this magazine is for you. It is the only subscription I have that I really read front to back. I highly recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Magazine is great, speed of delivery is not., October 20, 2011
R. Glitten (Missouri, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Field & Stream (1-year) (Magazine)
I really enjoy most of the content in Field and Stream and would reccomend it if you are interested in hunting and fishing and like to read about it.
My only real gripe is the speed of delivery, and I REALLY get impatient waiting for the November issue. (Deer hunters best days of the rut feature of course!)
When I am at a grocery store and I see the magazine I am subscribing to sitting on the shelf SEVERAL DAYS before I recieve my copy in the mail,(for the last 3 years) it is more than aggravating and in my opinion gives a little insight into how much they value their customers.
I don't know if this is some shipping in bulk to a store by whatever method is faster than to your mailbox and is unavoidable issue or not, and I really don't care. When you subscribe to a magazine it should arrive at the very latest, the same day your local store has it.
In fact it should arrive sooner. Just my 2 cents.

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for Bonnier Corp!, March 31, 2014
This review is from: Field & Stream (1-year automatic renewal) (Magazine)
Bonnier Corp is the subscription service that sells F&S on Amazon. I purchased two subscriptions over Christmas time-one for myself and one as a gift to a friend. When my friend did not receive the subscription to the address I had provided, I contacted Bonnier about the issue. They told me it wouldn't be a problem and they would extend my friend's subscription for an extra month. Suddenly, I stopped receiving my subscription. When I contacted Bonnier about the issue they told me that both subscriptions were set for my address, and that they had fixed the issue. Really? So if both subscriptions were detailed to my address, how did I not a receive a single copy? One of my big problems in addition is that Bonnier's customer service never actually reads the emails that I send them...information such as the correct address will be included in the email and then instead of taking care of the problem, they reply by asking me what my address is.

Bottom line, I love Field and Stream, but the subscription service that supplies it through Amazon is terrible. I made a simple order and four months later they still have not gotten it straight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not F&S from 15 years ago..., January 21, 2010
This review is from: Field & Stream (1-year) (Magazine)
I never liked F&S until I picked up a recent copy in my doctors office. I was impressed, and started to take a peek once in a while. This is no longer the Field and Stream with drawings and paper-bag material pages anymore....

This is the single best outdoor/hunting magazine I've found. The addition of "Survival" to Hunting and Fishing is what puts it over the top. Fantasic read, every month.

1.0 out of 5 stars Magazine's ok, spam is not, September 20, 2011
This review is from: Field & Stream (1-year) (Magazine)
I used to subscribe to field and stream and found that it had decent articles, I was a boy scout and liked the camping tips and such. I figured I'd give it another shot, and ordered it back in July, thinking I could get some hunting tips for the fall. Well it's late September and I still haven't seen my first issue. I did get a letter from field and stream offering me a great deal for an 18 month subscription, I was kinda hoping to get a magazine before I re-upped my subscription. Also I've started getting letters and magazines from the weirdest companies and organizations. I thought it might be because I'd just come off active duty, but no one else I knew was getting them. It occurred to me when I got an NRA letter which I haven't gotten since I was a kid, that this was probably the source. So to make a long review short, I wanted a magazine, not a mailbox full of cigar adds, and subscription updates (especially since i still haven't gotten a single magazine)

1.0 out of 5 stars CAUTION TO PARENTS!!, April 3, 2011
Book reader (Upstate, SC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Field & Stream (1-year automatic renewal) (Magazine)
We recently ordered this publication as a birthday gift for our 11 year old son, who has developed a passion for fishing. We just received the March 2011 issue. While I am admittedly not qualified to comment on the articles in F&S, I feel compelled to let parents know that the advertising section was absolutely appalling!! There were 2 full page ads and one 1/2 page ad for various products that claim to enhance s** performance, complete with graphic "testimonials" and expected organ enlargement. The photos were also questionable. I have never seen such inappropriate ads in a mainstream magazine. Clearly, the publishers have realized that their primary audience is older males. We are VERY DISAPPOINTED. We talk to our kids appropriately about s**, but the advertising in this magazine (and therefore, the magazine itself), is clearly inappropriate for minors in my opinion. I hope this review is a helpful warning to other parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars F&S, September 12, 2009
This review is from: Field & Stream (1-year) (Magazine)
What more can you say.. its got fishing,hunting and the outdoors.
If you like any of these then get it.

Field & Stream (1-year automatic renewal)
$47.00 $9.97