Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fiesta 19-Ounce Medium Bowl, White
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Color: White|Change

on December 6, 2014
What a tiny bowl! It said "medium" in the title, but I should have looked closer. It's 7" x 7" x 2". My opinion might be a little biased here, because I am a bigger guy with an appetite to match. But I mean really...this bowl couldn't hold a full serving of cereal. It's ok for one of your smaller side items, like rice or a small serving of veggies, but that's about it.

So unless you're a child or someone with a very small appetite, do yourself a favor before you buy this bowl: Get out a measuring cup and measure the capacity of your current bowls (1 cup = 8 ounces). I really should have done that. My current bowls, which I would consider to be "medium", are 25 ounces. Those extra 6 ounces really make a difference!

It's still a nice-looking bowl, and despite what I would consider a misleading "medium" designation, the product description did give accurate numbers for the bowl size, so it wouldn't be fair to give this a low rating. Doesn't mean I'm not returning it though.
55 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2011
I bought several bowls in different colors and this "Tangerine" bowl was the only one which was not well represented in any of the many photos (on different web sites too) that I saw of the line. It is pretty, but it has a creamy cast to it rather than a strong orange color. Not at all the bright clear tangerine color I was expecting (and wanting). It is like a mauve version of orange, a creamy, unremarkable shade. In other respects these 19-ounce bowls are great average portion-sized for soups and stews and hot and cold cereals. All the bowls I ordered from Amazon were packed extremely well, and on all but one the color glazing was perfect and extended all around to the base (a scarlet bowl was missing a small fingernail-size bit on one part near the base. Not a chip, but a glazing imperfection). They've been through the dishwasher three times now, no problems, and they are microwave-safe. They are our go-to bowls for everything.

Edit: After lots of use, they are holding up pretty well, except we think they possibly do not like very hot microwaving -- my DH makes instant steel-cut oats in these which are his favorite bowls, and cooks it on high for 2 minutes, boiling it in there. Now the peacock-colored bowl has a crack down the middle where some thick oatmeal got through. The other bowls are doing fine, and he makes it in them also. Of course the crack may have originated from rough handling (as we also hand-wash dishes - like maybe something else shifting suddenly onto it in the sink or the dishrack?), but my current theory is that a tiny defect in the original firing has gotten worse over time and use and is now evident. I should emphasize that the other Fiesta bowls I bought at the same time (in which he makes his cereal in too), all appear fine.
on October 16, 2013
Had quite a problem with Amazon shipments of various Fiesta plates. Amazon doesn't package fragile items in any special manner - so I had lots of breakage and had to deal with returns, re-orders and even running to Macys to fill my needs.

That said, I love everything I ordered from Fiestaware, including these bowls. The color is a modern hue that looks fabulous against cherry cabinetry, you know - red and green contrast. I also got turquoise, shamrock, tangerine and sunflower pieces. Yes I wanted color and boy did I get it! Don't be afraid of this color f you haven't seen it in person. It is really beautiful.The bowl is a great soup bowl and fits a lot more than it would first appear.
on January 3, 2011
This bowl fits with the boxed set of Fiesta dishes that includes a dinner plate, salad plate, bowl, tea cup and saucer. It was the perfect replacement for my broken bowl.
on February 24, 2014
What more can anyone say about Fiesta that hasn't already been written in hundreds of reviews? This is a serviceable size bowl in a glorious color. It washes like a dream and has become a household favorite.
on April 24, 2015
My prior review was deleted by Amazon because I apparently violated their conditions somehow. I'm not sure what I did other than question the authenticity of the product I received. The reason I questioned this is that the bottom was not stamped with the factory stamp I have seen on other pieces I've purchased. Instead the bottom was inscribed with the words Fiesta HLC USA prior to firing. The bowls look, and should function okay so I won't return them, but I'm not sure they are authentic so that's why they got three stars.

Review revised and updated: 4/28/15- I spoke to someone at the Homer Laughlin Company earlier today. They told me the etching I described in my above review is used on these bowls in lieu of the factory stamp used on other pieces. THESE ARE AUTHENTIC, As a result, I have revised my review to four stars. The reason they are not five star is that they stack, but don't nest like the Correlle bowls I replaced and are also a bit smaller. Therefore, they take up more storage space. Sorry for any confusion my prior review may have caused, but now I have a definite answer to my question from the factory.
on December 8, 2014
It's everything I expected from Fiesta ware. Heavy. Solid. Beautiful. Literally my only complaint with this bowl is it is small. I couldn't really gauge by the pic on Amazon. We eat large overflowing salads at dinner, and this bowl is neither wide enough nor deep enough for that. I'll have to order their soup bowls for our salads, I believe.
on January 10, 2014
I have always wanted to own Fiestaware dishes, so I decided to treat myself to them this Christmas. Found a great sale online for the plates and most of the extras, but they were out of some of the colors, so I checked on Amazon and found the rest that I needed. Amazon prices were very good and I trust their quality, so I ordered from them. This 19-ounce bowl in the Lapis color is very well made and beautiful. Just the right size for cereal, fruit, ice cream, or soup. As always, had great service and fast delivery with Amazon.
on January 21, 2016
I love the fact that this product is not made with lead and other dangerous chemicals. I hate stuff that's made in china glad its made in USA.Fiesta products are pricey but only the best will do. The colors are absolutely beautiful with so many colors to choose from . I love this tangerine color and the fact you can use in your microwave and dishwasher Is a real convenience.
on July 25, 2015
These bowls are the perfect size to use for veggies, sides and dips. I recently used them at a party and they worked perfectly! I also use them on a daily basis. They are perfect for my scrambled eggs, and for juicing lemons/limes etc. because of their flat bottom. These are a little small for cereal though; my family uses the larger bowls for that.