Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > FIFA Soccer 12 - Playstation 3 forum

Will Fifa 12 be much better than Fifa 11 to justify the price tag?`

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 20, 2011 3:58:55 PM PDT
A. Fang says:
What do you guys think?

I really like Fifa 11's play but i mainly play it with Full Manual mode e.g. no assisted shooting and passing.

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 9:36:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2011 9:42:28 AM PDT
Member says:
Anything can be better then FIFA 11 .it was unplayable for first two months of release.more and more patches with course of time made it bit reasonable by end of season and now to make it bad all over again to sell fifa12 they gave incredibly bad bounce to ball and pace is nothing close to it used be during mid season.FIFA 12 is street fighter of soccer with all hype of collision mech as they spent hefty time and may be bit cash to develop it .12 will be better then 11 that's for sure but avoid being early adopter unless u get good deal on it or sell 11 before 12 is release .FIFA has all license and that alone is that best aspect of game.All transfers are spot on and new gen engine of 360/ps3 is much superior to counterpart PES that failed test of time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2011 9:41:02 AM PDT
G. Noronha says:
I've honestly not seen anything to properly justify that. FIFA 12 will have some stuff that was present in FIFA 08/09/10 that were removed from later editions (especially 11), but I don't think it will justify a purchase unless it's for less than $40 (without credit).

The new things they're marketing so far feel like just gimmicks and if you watch the intro for FIFA 11 you'll see recycled things with different names (just like FIFA 11 did). If you want proper FIFA gameplay look for the 2010 World Cup game on Best Buy, it's $9.99. It has proper all manual passing and 1-touch, defenders don't warp towards players that get past them, balls aren't attracted to defenders ...

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 8:25:10 AM PDT
Daniel Gould says:
google fifa 12 impact engine, then watch the tackles. then bite your tongue.

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 9:47:35 PM PDT
oxnard805 says:
HAHAHA Danm Dan u told them!!!

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 1:39:02 PM PDT
B. Darling says:
kinda disappointed there wont be 3D for the PS3, so I think I'll pass. I was looking forward to Be a Pro in 3D.

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 12:06:24 PM PDT
J. Keller says:
As a long time full manual FIFA player I have to say I was extremely disappointed by FIFA 11. There's just no place within that game-world for those of us looking for a realistic sim experience. It's fast and furious arcade action all the way. I doubt 12 offers up anything revolutionary in terms of gameplay. The new physics engine looks quite impressive but if anything it will probably lead to gameplay becoming even more overtly physical than it already is resulting in even less time on the ball and greater ping-pong passing. I hope this isn't the case in the final release but I know several people who've played the demo and they've confirmed that the physicality is unbearable.

As much as people hate on PES because it doesn't have the polished presentation that FIFA has I'd have to say it by far makes up for it by having a much more organic feel. PES 11 certainly had a lot of unbearable issues but there was also a certain charm to the game that actually made it enjoyable to play in a more realistic fashion. If PES 12 fixes these few serious issues, which is what it's focus is on for this release, then it could be the only way to go for sim football.

As a manual player my money's on PES 12 being the more enjoyable experience, even if it's the less visually stunning of the two. Regardless, I'm not biting on either until some reviews start rolling in.

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 1:44:37 PM PDT
G. Noronha says:
PES has really stepped up their game for this year, judging by the dozens of gameplay specific videos. Of course nothing will mean much until we actually PLAY THE DEMO for both PES and FIFA and judge for ourselves. Unfortunately FIFA just isn't doing enough to promote FIFA 12 to the soccer fans and serious gamers, they constantly avoid questions regarding AI/Clubs/Virtual Pro and instead try to always play it out to what seems like gimmicks (as I wrote above) or answer meaningless questions, like (not) being able to die in Career Mode or the existence of big heads.

The latest videos I've seen from the German Gamescon indicate our gripes with the terrible AI - especially defensive - are still there while PES shows a flowing gameplay and seemingly far improved ball physics. FIFA's Impact Engine is a cool addition but far from enough to justify a purchase and according to ALL sources it still needs work done as the AI isn't working properly around it. A perfect example of impact engine is Backbreaker, a football game marketed around real hits. Well, the hits worked but the game was lacking.

FIFA has plenty of leagues that are almost fully licensed but PES gives an amazing level of editing freedom and the ability to download Option Files that could include the Bundesliga, MLS, or other leagues as well as fully updatable uniforms for all clubs, periodically released FREE DLC, and a far, FAR superior and engaging offline mode. This year I am more likely to only buy PES 2012 than to also get FIFA 12, as much as I'd love to take Flamengo online and suffer with manual controls against spammers using assisted gameplay.

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 6:12:19 AM PDT
C. Charlton says:
I buy FIFA every year. Yes it costs $60, but it comes with $20 credit here. I also trade in my previous FIFA a few weeks before the release so I get the most I can for it while holding it as long as possible, I think right now it's valued at $25 trade in. So basically I get it for $15 from amazon.
Yes, the updates and new features are usually worth it to me. The only time I felt it made no difference really between versions was last gen after FIFA 04 going thru to 08 on the PS2.

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 6:33:38 PM PDT
K. Arenz says:
I don't know if I should preorder this or not?! I have FIFA world cup and 11. I think i was in the same boat last year trying to decide between those two and ended up w both. I still play both. I like that it has 2 broadcasting teams. So many other games coming out I want too.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2011 9:27:14 AM PDT
You should trade-in FIFA 11 ASAP. You seem like you WILL get 12, only question is if it will be release day or a little later at a lower price.

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 10:04:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2011 10:05:01 AM PDT
Jimi says:
Yeah, I got $24.50 for a trade in for fifa 11. Then, the $20 preorder credit. So this game essentially comes out to a small upgrade price.

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 12:21:09 PM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
you just got a $20 credit stop byotching.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 1:09:31 PM PDT
Edgardo says:
I sold my fifa 11 about 3 weeks ago, got $30 bucks.

I've preordered fifa 12 with the $20 credit offer with amazon right after putting my cost at about $40

That's $10 I'm paying for a new game, and I play the mess out of Fifa lol ask my girlfriend she hates it

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 2:15:22 PM PDT
C. Charlton says:
FIFA games are the only games that last me over 3 months. Maybe Modern Warfare 2 has lasted me its lifetime too but FIFA consistently gets played all the way through to the next year's edition. It's more than worth whatever I paid for it.
Makes me wonder why the anti-sports game people behave that way saying "sports games are always the same as last year" when they aren't if you're paying attention and sports last indefinitely and so do their games. Always new opponents, new events, new challenges.

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 6:01:24 AM PDT
Jimi says:
Well, CERTAIN sports games are worth the yearly update. I place FIFA and NBA2K in that category (nba just recently though). The ones that definitely are not are: Madden, NCAA football, many other EA games.

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 6:05:50 AM PDT
FIFA is by far the most improved EA Sports game there is, the player impact engine is so much more realistic, defending is now easier with improved jockeying...If you bought Madden for 60$ then why wouldnt you buy FIFA? and the reason the World Cup Game is so cheap is because World Cup Games and Euro Games go nosediving once the tournament is over, its lost its appeal....

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 7:35:07 AM PDT
2010 World Cup still has a far more rewarding and entertaining gameplay experience. In that game there is differentiation between teams, in FIFA 11-12 all teams play the exact same. I couldn't stand the demo anymore, I deleted that thing and I will pre-order PES 2012 from Best Buy. I would love to have my Flamengo be officially licensed in PES but I'll take a better playing game with hundreds of hours worth of game modes with a fantastic edit mode (where I'll create half of the Brazilian league and half of zeee Bundesliga) over just a license anytime.

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 10:37:40 AM PDT
cdherrington says:
I can't believe people are saying the PES demo plays better than the FIFA demo. I personally felt like the PES demo was dreadful, but that is just my opinion. To answer the question: if you enjoy FIFA 11, keep playing it. I think FIFA 12 will be a great new addition to the franchise, and I've got my copy on pre-order.

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 11:17:23 AM PDT
I downloaded both demos and to be honest sucked really bad at FIFA 12 to begin with. Tried out the PES and found it to be kind of sluggish. Ive been jumping back and forth between both demos and after lots of practice have gotten quite good at FIFA 12. PES 12 meh I deleted it after a couple days of play. Yeah I did need a lot of getting used to the new defense system but its so much better. Dont bump the game cause you played it twice and youre not good at it. Thats why they change the whole mechanics. I personally think it gives the offense more play room and makes sure that defending players play smart its not just about charging the other dude and having the AI take control. Ive gotten punished so many times by the computer for bad positioning but its definitely a learning experience and to be honest more like real soccer. My bets on FIFA 12. PES 12 was ok but I after some getting used to FIFA 12 come out on top for me.

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 2:27:04 PM PDT
Daniele C. says:
fifa 11 sucked, so this cant be worse..i liked the demo..but usually i always like the demo...i sold fifa 11 for 24.50..and i always buy the new one on black friday..usually the week of, it sells for around $40 on amazon..

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 7:02:39 PM PDT
FYI there is a 2nd PES demo out. The 1st demo was to display the AI, the 2nd demo has gameplay refinements.

It DOES seem a bit sluggish when compared to FIFA but PES is returning to its roots. If you put the time to actually learn the game it is so damn rewarding. If you don't want to have to invest much time to learn it (though once you do in a few days you'll be set) then go for FIFA but if you do learn to play the game you'll be rewarded.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Jul 20, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 19, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
FIFA Soccer 12 - Playstation 3
FIFA Soccer 12 - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (378)