Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on July 18, 2012
This book is a fabulous resource for mom's of young children who want to separate the cream from the junk of children's books. Unlike the older Before Five in a Row (which is now as hard to find as the books it recommends), all 50 of the books mentioned are super easy to find.

Not only does the author include tips about fitting in more reading time and what kind of craft supplies you may want, but she also included certificates, reading logs and bookmarks at the end so that you could have a summer reading program at home. Love! I had been thinking about something like this in June and now I have it on a silver platter (or computer screen. Ahem.).

Anyway, 50 Books to Enjoy with Kids is extremely easy to use. Each book has a small summary, a photo of the book or illustrations, and a handful of VERY simple and quick activities to enrich the reading of the story. As a for instance, one of the suggestions for the book Bread and Jam for Frances, one suggestion is to eat bread and jam for breakfast. You might already be that on top of things. I am not.

They include the links to the books on amazon (I did mention they were super easy to find, right?) and we also have a large number of these already found at thrift stores and yard sales. If you don't yet have a child's library, take the list of books with you when resale shopping and you will have a wonderful library and a great low-prep reading program for your toddler or preschooler!

I love 50 Books to Enjoy with Kids and would recommend it to anyone who has children or watches children who like picture books. As a disclaimer, I did receive a copy free for review, but seriously? Totally would have bought it anyway and it would have been worth. every. penny.
on June 18, 2015
We had already read many of the books on this list but were pleasantly surprised to find a few great ones that we hadn't read. It is a great resource for our homeschooling family and I recommend it to any family with kiddos.
on September 6, 2012
It's a delightful book that helps me and my daughter get more out of her reading books. She's loved the books we've read so far and been delighted with the projects. I'm delighted that there is a book that easy to read and has easy to put together projects. It makes me feel like a super mom.
on February 8, 2015
I love book lists, and this one is great! Several of our favorite picture books, plus simple extension activities. Thanks for including the library links...handy!
on February 17, 2015
Great list of books to read! The activities are simple and meaningful to do with your kids. Making memories with the kids is priceless
on May 7, 2015
Mostly got it for when my children had children for reading suggestions. I read to the ones I had in their younger years.
on March 7, 2015
Great for inspiring non video game reading.
on March 28, 2016
Interesting on some of them