Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy (Fifty Shades of Grey Series)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on June 20, 2012
I'm not one to follow the herd when comes to the latest fads; particularly with books. I refused to read this series for months.

However, several of my coworkers -- many of whom I've always considered to be proper (or "vanilla") were reading them and would blush when they talked about how much they liked them. So I gave in and burned through the first book in 2 days. I finished the second book in less than 36 hours and completed the third in 2 days. I've never read a series that quickly.

Pros: It's an absolute page turner! E.L. James minces no words in her descriptions and does a really great job blending the emotional development as well as the physical relationship between Christian and Anastasia. It was very difficult to put down.

Cons: The ending of the third book was...how shall I phrase it...anticlimactic. It felt like the author ran out of ideas and ended it with a "happily ever after". I really struggled with this. If you spend three books using the words "petulant" and "mercurial" to describe the main character only to end the saga with a perfect life where everyone is even tempered and happy is confusing and quite frankly, irritating.

Overall, it reads quickly and is very entertaining. That's all you should expect out of it.
on November 6, 2014
I am not much of a reader, but wanted to see if this lived up to the hype. It does! I love this series! Easy and fast read but well written. My husband is happy I am reading it to because he gets to reap the benefits. For mature audiences only. ;) ~ The happy Mrs. V.
on November 23, 2012
Mad and really upset I paid for these books! I was so disappointed, who doesn't like to read about sex if well written and part of a good plot? But this was ridiculous! 99.9 percent of these books are them having sex to the point of being nauseating. I found myself skipping over the sex parts from being so bored by it. (And I am not prude) How in the world did these books get on the best selling list? I love to read and read a variety of books but I would really like to know of those people who read, not just "sex" books, how many really enjoyed these??
Sorry I paid the money...
on August 2, 2012
I really enjoyed reading the series! When I got to the end of the book, I was really sad because I didn't want it to end. I grown a liking to Christian at the end of the book, and we understand why he acts the way he does. The only thing I did not like about the book was that it was repetitive...very repetitive. Other than that, I really enjoyed all the series of books. I may just have to read them all a second time :)
on August 6, 2012
I have heard the review as a mixture and decided while I was at the airport, I may need a novel to read. I picked this up and was a little appalled by the writing and how it was such a drag. I guess the author wants to pen on the situation, the emotional wrapped around, etc. The ending left me hanging.

The fact that there is a 2nd and 3rd books made me decided to spend a little time to do the reading at Barnes and Nobles. The 2nd book seems decent as it starts to get more intense into the psychological part of the characters. I decided to buy it home to read slowly.

I was actually quite frustrated with Ana's indolence at a point, overbearing assumption like she has an experience of a 40-year-old woman when she has just learnt to crawl... On the other hand, Christian seems impossible to exist... but hey! We got Mark Zuckerberg, one of the younger self-made billionaires! So, I don't think it is impossible. I wished I could dig into his brain of what he has gone through in life to be who he is.

The last book is more fast-paced and less giggling, gasping, but more intense psych-logic and suspense. The fairy-tale ending, of course... then there is a small writing on Christian's side of story.

It is an entertaining reading on the plane or to get yourself out of intense working days. And PLEASE don't expect too much. I think the last book wrap it all but you won't know much if you don't read from the beginning.
on April 23, 2012
This book was a poor attempt to capture the underbelly of the S&M world. Was I supposed to believe a virgin would have gone from never being kiss to executing a contract outling what acts she deems acceptable by her dominate. Will men reading this book think all single women will want to be placed in special rooms, whipped, spanked and degraded?
on October 21, 2013
I normally don't read these kind of books but thought I would check out what all the raves were about. Not a fan of the "f" word and all it's useless ways it was used in the book. Kept my attention so it was a good read.
on March 5, 2015
Disappointed. Did not know that Book 1 would not resolve or divulge anything. Left me kind of cold, and wishing for more love and less "lovemaking".
on September 5, 2014
This trilogy has left me wanting more! There wasn't a moment while reading that I felt like skimming through the pages. I absolutely loved seeing Christian's side at the end and would like to read more from his point of view to see what's going on in his Fifty Shades of fucked-up brain. Great read!
on July 29, 2014
With this series. I love the characters. I love the story. I love Christian Grey. I certainly hope we get the whole other side of it from his perspective. I couldn't put my kindle down, I had to know what happened. Just wow.