Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy (Fifty Shades of Grey Series)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 25, 2015
I read all three books in 3 weeks! Best series so far I have read! Im going to see the movie again, buy it and sorry Amazon I cannot resell my books! At first I was apprehensive but when I started reading I could not put the books down. #teamchristenanastacia
on December 3, 2012
I had this trilogy on my Kindle Fire for months, but could never commit to reading it. I was not sure I could get into it because of what I had heard about these books. WELL, was I wrong! I could not put these books down from start to finish, ended up reading the whole trilogy in 5 days. I absolutely loved the characters and the story behind them. I only wish book 3 would have not left so much out. As some have mentioned, the last book seemed rushed or like the author got bored. So many things left out and a lot of loose ends. But overall still good. Who could'nt help but fall in love with Cristian Grey? AND not for the obvious but for the underlying elements of who he is. Ana could'nt be more perfect for him, she saved his life IMO.

I finished the books a week ago, and still find myself thinking about them and truly missing Christian & Anastasia. I would'nt mind hearing more from them and the life they live after book 3, in future books. Please Ms. James keep this love story alive!
on November 26, 2014
I am not a reader at all, this book was a game-changer though. I read the trilogy in two weeks. It's impossoble to put these books down. After I finished the third book, I was so upset there wasn't another book to read so I guess I just have to reread them. Definitely a must read <3
on August 10, 2012
I must admit that I went into reading this trilogy with some skepticism. I heard so much about this series (mixed reviews), however I have read all three books and I'm an instant fan of E L James. I love her imagination and the ability to write such detailed fantasy/erotic material. I was completely connected and engaged in every book. Kudos to this author that has taken America by storm with this trilogy!! I'm anxiously awaiting her next project. I would highly recommend this this product to anyone.

P.S. - My husband loved the experience after my reading these books (LOL). Thanks for the extra spice to my intimate relationship. A girl needs all the tips/tricks to keep it sexy/intriquing in the bedroom!!
on December 14, 2014
This is my favorite love story. The character development is a total transformation (even though i adored Christian and Ana from the beginning). I also love that EL James told part of the story from Christian's point of view, but wish she would finish that part.
on June 23, 2014
5 stars is not enough to rate this fantastic book. I give it a million and 1. I laughed, I cried, and made these books my absolute favorite. I would love to read this from Christian's POV the excerpt at the end was really enjoyable. I love how Ana blossoms into a fine strong woman and isn't afraid to show her true self and stand up to what she believes in. Christian is very worldly and fascinating. I wanted to comfort him so much with all he's been through. I'm so glad he found his happy ending and I'm glad he could put his faith in Ana to let himself be loved. he so deserved it.
on October 3, 2012
I had heard rave reviews from women in the mid 20's to upper 50's. I am in my mid 60's and an avid reader, but not usually of this genre. I am not quite finished, but have to admit I am getting a little bored.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2012
Those who focus on the sex in these books have other problems. Yes there is a sexual thread however the story-line is fine and you get to a point where you cannot lay the book down to follow out the suspense. I think that the underlying aspect of someone who is bright but has issues learns to live a better life guided by someone who is also learning life. I could not lay down the third book and the third book has less to do with sex and more to do with the finalizing the story line and the development of the family. The climax is really good (no pun intended) and I will say it was a good read. Those who are incensed with the sex should read the Kama Sutra for enlightenment. The popularity of the trilogy should also give you some indication of the interest in the story and in the sexual content.
on December 26, 2012
All the hoopla surrounding Fifty Shades of Grey caught up with me so I relented and purchased the trilogy. I have been unable to finish the first book, much less even open the other two.

I found this book to be sophomorically written, and hard to read without rolling my eyeballs at the pure silliness. I wish I would have only purchased the first of the series and spent the $20 on something more entertaining.
on November 11, 2014
Let me start off by saying that this is not the most well written book. With that being said, I did still love it. It was my first book in the BDSM genre and it lead me to much better books and authors that I follow religiously. Anna is bit on the naive and irritating side, but this did not distract me in the least. As soon as I finished this book (in the middle of the night, btw), I ran out to get an Amazon card to download the next two books. That is saying something.