Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fifty Shades of Passion: An Erotic Guide to Exploring Fifty Shades with Your Lover
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on October 21, 2012
If you've spent much time at all around people of any kind for the last year or so, I'm sure you've heard about "Fifty Shades of Grey." For anyone living anywhere near a television, magazines, or the Internet, the "Fifty Shades" craze has been impossible to escape. Though I have not read the book (or any of the books in the trilogy) myself, I fell in love with "Fifty Shades of Passion" by Hyacinth Books. It was useful and informative and written in a clear, easy-to-understand and easy-to-follow voice that really got me excited about beginning my new BDSM sex life.

My fiancé and I have been together for almost 10 years - we were high school sweethearts and each other's first everything, so, suffice to say, we've pretty much grown to know each other's ins and outs. Though we love each other and our sex life has always been amazing, after 9 years we were both craving something to shake it up a little. A few weeks ago, for our anniversary, my sweet fiancé bought us this book and one other (Stephen Williams' "Erotic Sex: More Than Just Penetration") to try to spice up our sex life. Though it could never really be categorized as "vanilla," our sex life was in some real need of something new and creative. Let me tell you - this past anniversary was the best one we've ever had and the last few weeks have been absolutely mind-blowing, and it's all thanks to these two books!

"Shades of Passion" is a step-by-step instructional initiation into the world of BDSM. Though it is a book that is mostly geared toward being accessible to the "Beginner" and those new to the world of bondage and domination/submission, it also features sections for the "Intermediate" and "Advanced" and provides for those interested in exploring the many different levels of sexplay. Each chapter is peppered with excerpts from the original "Fifty Shades of Grey" featuring characters Christian and Anastasia, which I found very interesting considering this is my first taste of the "Shades of Grey" phenomenon. Each excerpt is followed by step-by-step instructions and tips for recreating the stunning interactions featured in the provocative "Shades of Grey" scenes, which I thought was a very clever mechanism for helping the reader get excited for trying out the sexy steps outlined in this book.

My fiancé and I have been loving this book (and the one by Stephen Williams) ever since he bought it for us. It's been amazing having so many different ideas and new techniques for us to try just laid out at our fingertips. More than anything else, it's given us a starting point from which to talk about all the sexy fantasies we've both had but have never been brave enough to tell each other. The writers of "Shades of Passion" show that they are completely concerned with providing their readers with as much information and as many resources as possible in order for them to get as much enjoyment as they can out of their sex lives. Aside from the clear, step-by-step instructions, this book also includes a glossary of useful BDSM terms to know and a great list of websites that sell sex toys and sexy costumes). I would recommend this book (and Stephen Williams' "Erotic Sex: More Than Just Penetration") to anyone who's interested in heating up their time in the bedroom (or any other room they'd be interested in, for that matter) - it's the perfect resource for anyone with an adventurous heart who's looking to revolutionize their sex life.
on November 12, 2012
For any fans of Fifty Shades of Grey, your curiosity may have been peaked regarding the mysterious world of BDSM, as played out for us by the characters Christian and Anastasia. Of course, with anything new sexually you are trying in (or out of) the bedroom, you want to be sure you are doing it right, keeping it safe, and making sure both parties involved are (very) satisfied. The book Fifty Shades of Passion takes you step by step into BDSM, and provides a guide for both the novice BDSM couple and the expert. From learning how to introduce role play in you and your partner's sex life to trying out the toys used in BDSM , this book teaches you what to expect and how to do it, both before, during, and after. It's very easy to get caught up in the fantasy of the book and expect it to play out exactly as it reads in fiction. So, what I enjoyed the most about this book is how it is a fantastic introduction on BDSM, and gives you a great idea on what to expect. It's perfect for anyone intrigued by Fifty Shades of Grey, whether you are ready for complete immersion into the world or just want to dip your toe into the pool.
on November 1, 2012
After reading and loving the Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy I was left wondering what comes next. Most everything Christian does with Ana in the books were completely foreign to me. I was interested in spicing up the bedroom with my husband but had no idea where to even start. Google was out of the question because I was scared to death as to what would show up on my computer after I entered any of things in Christians `Red Room of Pain'.
Thank goodness I found Fifty Shades of Passion! This book is an erotic "How To" guide for couples wanting to spice it up. It is perfect for whatever level you are currently at. It is not intimidating at all! It explains everything a couple needs to know to begin exploring BDSM. It also explains where to get the accessories needed to get started. It is written in such an erotic way that just reading this book with your significant other will get you off on the right foot.
I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in adding some spice to their love life!
on April 18, 2013
I thought this was a very light weight interpretation of the bondage fetish. Fifty Shades of Grey was
done better and self explanatory. I wasted my time on this guide. Mystery Buff outside normal genre.
on October 10, 2012
If you're like me, you're surrounded by people who cannot stop talking about "Fifty Shades of Grey" and your curiosity might be peaked. One of the main topics of discussion among my girlfriends is how little we actually know about the world of BDSM. This companion book to the trilogy answered all my questions and so much more.

For starters, there's a disclaimer about how this book is in no way associated with "Fifty Shades of Grey" so you need not worry if you haven't read the books. This is followed by a great introduction which contains solid basics such as what exactly BDSM stands for (which, I learned, can actually vary a bit) and some other important initials, as well as some very practical information about safe sex.

Each of the 12 chapters is laid out in an easy to follow format and begins with a quote from one of the "Fifty Shades" books that corresponds to the material covered within. The "Blow By Blow" sets up a fantasy situation for you to imagine acting out with your lover and are some of the most erotic parts of this book. The descriptions are all very clear as are the how-to sections that follow each scene.

Topics covered include safe sex; dirty talk (yes, there IS a `right' way to do this); dress-up; exhibitionism and voyeurism; sensory deprivation; adult toys; spanking, flogging and cropping; dominance; submission; and role play. A very handy glossary is also provided toward the end of the book, as well as an appendix that lists further resources like books and websites that sell all the outfits and props you could possibly dream up (and probably a whole lot more you couldn't possibly imagine).

One of the major points this book cannot stress enough is the trust factor involved in BDSM. Both the dominant and the submissive are really vulnerable to each other and it's a responsibility that neither takes lightly. It was a surprise to learn that each role is equal in power in this type of intimate relationship.

Overall, a great introductory guide to the world of BDSM geared for those of us who are clueless but curious. I would recommend this book to the adventurous and non-adventurous alike. I learned so much reading "Fifty Shades of Passion" that I'm no longer squeamish about BDSM - although I'm still terrified at the mere thought of a ball gag. It never hurts to learn something new...unless you're into that sort of thing.
on February 26, 2015
I found Fifty Shades of Passion to be very interesting. I have read erotic guides before but this one is different. Though I have not seen or read the trilogy of "50 Shades of Grey", I like how this erotic guide includes some of the passage for the trilogy. My boyfriend and I are always having talks about different things to do behind close doors. We have a great sex life and spicing it up with some of the suggestions in this book makes it even better. Because their are many things in this book that neither of us knew about. It's a great step by step instructional and easy to understand guide that takes you into the world of BDSM as a beginner to even more advanced couples. Its very detailed and it includes a glossary of BDSM terms, a list of websites for sex toys, and sexy costumes. I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in adding some adventure in their sex life. I'm so glad I got the chance to review this book for my honest opinion, cause now I can take my sex life to another level.
on February 27, 2015
I have enjoyed fiction books that are very similar to Fifty Shades of Grey so I thought I would give this book a chance and see what it could tell me more about BDSM. It is a quick read. I find it more for a beginner into BDSM and each chapter gives quotes from the Fifty Shades of Grey series. The "Blow by Blow" I felt was sort of like reading a erotica but the author wants you to place yourself as the characters with your other half. I will admit there were some hot scenes in this book. Then it explains how to achieve each BDSM that it was playing out in the blow by blow. There is info for the beginner, intermediate and advanced individuals. I think it is a great starter for anyone looking to know more about BDSM. I think I will stick to erotica fiction for myself.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
on February 18, 2015
I did not read the original books, but have seen all the hype about the movie and books. I felt uneasy reading some of the story as it is fairly explicit. However I did like the fact that it went into great detail explaining about the relationships, how they work, what goes into one, and also many different definitions and meanings of the activities that were discussed in the books and movies. If you are interested in the series, the movie or just curious about what its about, I would suggest giving this a read. Its worth reading to try to understand what the hype is about.
on February 25, 2013
I give this book five stars. It was very enjoyable and insightful. It actually created a level of excitement for me, and I'm single! However, I'm definitely taking notes as will anyone when they read this book. This book is all about exploration. Not just for yourself, but with your significant other. I really enjoyed how the book starts off with how to communicate certain desires with your partners that maintain the trust that you have in the relationship. This book gives thorough insight on the passion that comes along with sex, and how everyone can develop new and creative ways to enjoy it. I said this book is about exploration because it allows you to explore yourself on a different level. This book helps you to explore your imagination, creativity, and sexuality. It gives excellent relationship pointers that you can share with your partner and gives insight to your imagination, and to theirs. The book also discusses limitations and preparations. This book is excellent for any occasion where you want to create a mood. I don't feel like this book is just for people in relationships. This book gives constructive criticism on your love life, and how to re-imagine or even enhance your sexual skills and desires. This is book is for anyone wanting to explore a different side of them, and would definitely recommend it.
on October 11, 2012
Sex can become boring for couples of all ages. Arising from the Fifty Shades trilogy, this book offers an exciting variety of examples and how-tos for BDSM, showing the reader exact steps for becoming sexually imaginative and inspired and have a tremendous amount of fun with your lover. I was impressed that the book emphasizes the importance of honesty and trust, and of setting limits and being safe. The scenarios are really fun and sexy, and the guidelines for exploring your fantasies are loaded with helpful information; details like how to tie knots, sexy texting ("sexting") and dirty talking, using hot wax, costumes and props, and numerous others abound. The book is a virtual Pandora's box overflowing with erotic sexual play, waiting for the open-minded, sex-loving reader to lift the lid and become an expert at creating a hot sex life with your partner. I recommend that couples both read this book (aloud to one another would be exciting) to learn how to spice up your bedroom and sex life together.