Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 18, 2012
"Fifty Shades of Silver Hair and Socks" is hilarious.
I'm not ashamed to say that I read the original Fifty-Shades and immediately bought the next two books in the trilogy. However, I enjoyed Phil Torcivia's "Fifty Shades of Silver Hair and Socks" every bit as much as the book that ignited the flame under this creation. I didn't just read his book, I absorbed the author's quirky wit and unique humor, reading at warp speed, swallowing page after page, start to finish with no pee breaks. And I had to go.
I laughed aloud even though my husband was sleeping beside me and I wished he didn't have to get up at 3:00 a.m. because I wanted to read the book aloud and share the fun.
The roller coaster twists and turns in the sexual escapades will be even funnier if you have read the first Fifty Shades, but I would have loved this story either way.
Torcivia's book was a delicious nightcap; and for me, it produced nitrous oxide style giggling.
Torcivia took Fifty Shades to an entirely new sphere and I applaud his creative imagination.
Fifty Shades of Silver Hair and Socks introduced me to an author I will not forget and I was excited to read that this is just the first in his own Fifty Shades triology.
on January 11, 2013
Wow. Well, what can I say? When someone tells you you're about to see/read/hear a parody of something, you think comedy. What this reminded me of, is that no matter how hot, how sexy, how passionate a moment, eventually we all have interrupting thoughts of the grocery list, or the laundry or 'did I leave the iron on??' It's just a fact: sometimes sex is hilarious. I've never read the original Fifty Shades...(no plans to--still), but I don't really need to. I'm sure it would pale in comparison to Mister Torcivia's work and I'm pretty satiated by it for the moment. I laughed out loud several times, read it in one sitting and was amused the entire way. Hysterical book. I'm also looking forward to reading the next one to this series...
on January 4, 2013
I'm a fan of anything that makes me laugh, and the first half of this book had me doing lots of it. I was kind of surprised by how the second half took on more of a sweet turn, but still enjoyed the light, entertaining storyline. Great read!
on July 20, 2012
I received this little book as a gift read from the author and I can not thank him enough for ride. Fifty Shades of Silver Hair and Socks....WOW....the shenanigans, the sexual escapades, the uncontrolled giggling...what a wild ride of a read. I was sure I was going to wake my mate up because I couldn't stop reading to see what happened next while I snickered and giggle under my breathe. Mormon Silver and his young delight, Beatrice Plastique will keep you in stitches and peak your arousal at the same time. Both characters are so perfectly matched in their own craziness you cannot help but love them both. Yes, it is a parody of "Fifty Shade," but after reading both, I am looking forward to reading the sequels that Phil Torcivia has created with his wild sense of humor and flair for words. It is short, it is hilarious, and it is so well worth your reading....just for the deep belly laughter it brings about. I loved it.
on January 8, 2013
I saw this book advertised on Facebook. I was curious because I'd read E. L. James' "Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy". This was the first of many books by Phil Torcivia that I read. I laughed so hard I cried! Five thumbs up!
on October 22, 2012
Thanks to Author Torcivia and to Amazon for making this free - although after I laughed my way through it I knew I would have paid for it. It was just an extra treat to read it "free." Torcivia has a wild sense of humor, fun and harmless, nobody gets hurt. He must be a guy who sees life with tongue in cheek and I'll bet he's a great friend to have. I generally read historical fiction, medical thrillers and mysteries but I look forward to reading more of his hilarity.
on January 4, 2013
Well... I won't write the 50 ways. This book was written with humor in mind. Sexy and laugh causing will get you going with this read. Not my usual genre but totally liked where it was going.
on December 4, 2012
This story was light, funny, and held surprises on every page. I've never read "Fifty Shades of Grey." I'm sure it would have been funnier as a parody if I had, but even without comparing it to anything, I still enjoyed the ride.
on July 19, 2012
Ok,I will start by saying that I had read the original Fifty Shades of Grey books before I read this, and I'm so glad I did. Fifty Shades of Silver Hair and Socks would be funny and very entertaining on its own, but if you've read the original beforehand it's absolutely hilarious! Torcivia has definitely done a very good job of spoofing Fifty Shades of Grey, and personally, I enjoyed his writing much more. I would seriously(and have already) recommend this to everyone who has read shades of grey and even those who haven't. Now I can't wait to read the next two!
on November 27, 2012
I loved the Fify Shades Triolgy as most all women did. So, when I saw this I was skeptical. But let me tell you, if you are looking for a quick, charming, funny, sexy read, this fills the bill.