Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fight Or Flight
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 6, 2010
Having purchased Emily Osment's 1st EP CD, I absolutely could not wait for "Fight or Flight" to come out; and I was not disappointed. (I actually got to listen to it on an 'exclusive' website, but pre-ordered from Amazon also)

Of all the songs, there are only about 2 that are so-so for me. The remainder of the songs are up-beat fun FANTASTIC songs.

Lovesick
Great song, very upbeat and fun. One of the singles. Very catchy

Get Yer Yah-Yah's Out
It took me a little while to like this song; it does grow on you and now I really like it.

1-800 Clap Your Hands (The Water is Rising)
Again, Great song, very upbeat and fun with a nice message.

Marisol
This is a little slower and definetely tries to show Emily's vocal range.

The Cycle
LOVE this one also. I feel this one has a great message behind it about life but is fun enough that you can also throwback be careful and enjoy it.

All The Boys Want
Fun dance song..

Double Talk
Fun song again.

Truth or Dare
A little bit 'darker' than the rest of the CD in terms of mood, but still fantastic.

Let's Be Friends
This one is my favorite! The main line is "Lets be friends, so we can make out" so.. parents should be cautious. If your kid is old enough to get the joke and not take it seriously, its good. The other single. Reminds me a little bit of "too cool for you" from camp rock.

You Get Me Through
Slower song. More ballady.. this one is so-so for me, but thats just because I like fast upbeat songs.

Gotta Believe in Something
This one has a great message, especially for the current economy/times and upcoming generation. Upbeat song.

Basically, a fantastic CD in my opinion! If you like dance music.. or something that will get you moving.. something to just sing along and be care-free.. this is your CD. :)
on December 7, 2014
O.M.G.

What is this? Okay, so I like Emily Osment. I always have, even back in the day when I used to watch Hannah Montana. And one day I stumbled upon Emily Osment's song "All The Way Up" and I really liked it. Well I saw this one, looked at the price, and decided, Why not? If it's bad I can always send it back.

It's not good. But it's not bad. It's okay. That's as generous as I can be. I like some of the songs. Marisol is by far the best, because it actually shows Emily's true voice and has some soul in it. Now the others, to me, seem pointless. For example, Get Your Yah-Yahs Out is a pointless, pointless song. The lyrics don't make any sense and her voice sounds like a freaking robot. With all the 11 songs on the album, I liked maybe four. The favorites are listed below, as well as the ones I found pointless. Usually I don't judge songs this harshly, but Emily had a bright future. Now if the rest of her songs are this electronic and make her sound this bad, she should stop now.

POINTLESS SONGS

Marisol
The Cycle
Truth Or Dare
Double Talk
1-800-Clap Your Hands (The Water Is Rising)
on October 20, 2010
I LOVE IT! let me start by shamefully admitting that I'm 30 years old and I'm a big fan of the Disney channel stars. I'm black and I LOVE dance and pop and rock music. I do not own Emily's last cd but this current one made me a big fan of her.music. Naturally I know her from Hannah Montana. But I had no idea she could sing!! I listened to bits of her last album and I didn't care for it much because her voice was not as mature as it is now. This cd is full of feel good music and catchy lyrics that she wrote! I also viewed a performance of hers on You tube and I was so impressed. It's from her current album. I'm so surprised that she doesn't get as much credit musically as miley does! I love the Hannah soundtracks but I don't like miley's cds. I will support Emily from now on! And yes the girls are in two different categories and maybe the shouldn't be compared. But I'm sayin that people are sleepin on miss Emily! Wake up folks...and DANCE!
on December 4, 2010
I enjoyed emily's first album. Has a good voice, good songs. Have bought her 2nd album, like that one even more....
on August 30, 2015
Emily Osment (of 'Hannah Montana' fame - playing opposite of Miley Cyrus' Hannah character as best friend, Lilly Truscott. Emily's also the sister of 'The Sixth Scent' actor Haley Joel Osment, who's line of, "I see dead people!" now lives in movie quote infamy) usually - for the most part - played a supporting role, whether onscreen or real-life.

After making her music debut by releasing the tween pop single "I Don't Think About It", Osment released her album debut 'All the Right Wrongs' [w/ said album appearing just a year prior to this one].

While 'Wrongs' displayed an insightful indie pop vibe, 'Fight Or Flight' does a complete 180 - focusing primarily on dance pop tunes.

While 'Flight' is indeed catchy - the more I listened to it, I couldn't help but notice that numerous 'Floght' tracks sound like previously-recorded tracks elsewhere.

That's not to say 'Flight' is a bad album (nor am I dissing Osment herself), but a handful of these tracks sound more familiar than they should & are worth pointing out...that, or maybe my ears are musically sensitive(:

Track Listing/notes:
1. Lovesick - monotonous lyrics in chorus, yet fun

2. Get Yer Yah-Yah s Out - Silly title aside - a fun, '80s-influenced dance track

3. 1-800 Clap Your Hands (The Water is Rising) - vaguely reminds me of "Dynamite" by Tao Cruz, especially the intro. An interesting mid-tempo jam nonetheless.

4. Marisol - very pretty song overall. One of my favorites on 'Flight'!

5. The Cycle - favorite track! Love the little "blips" & "beeps" in the chorus. The bridge sounds a little like Paramore's "Misery Business", where Hailey Williams sings: "but, God, it just feels soooo...!"

6. All The Boys Want - ok, now getting into more "borrowed" song territory here...sounds similar - intro. especially- to "Whiplash" (a Britney Spears-assisted track that, coincidently, fellow Disney Channel star Selena Gomez [& The Scene] would record in 2011).

7. Double Talk - love the echo effect in this one! A fast-paced track akin to...jump roping?? Fun!

8. Truth or Dare - speaking of Britney, sounds like an interesting mix of Spears' own "Toxic" & Ashlee Simpson's "Outta My Head (Ay Ya Ya)".

9. Let's Be Friends - again, Britney's influence remains apparent; "Friends" sounds dangerously similar to Spears' own single, "Radar". Perhaps a bit too similar-sounding?

"Radar" was released prior to this album, so it's hard to believe Osment's label would disregard the Spears track...coincidence?

10. You Get Me Through - The lyrics, though inspiring, are lost in this forgettable, slower-paced track. :/

^Perhaps "...Through" should've been placed last in the track listing order [so it would've concluded the album instead of "...Believe"]? Besides, placing "...Through" as track 10 throws off the album's dance pop vibe already happening here :/

11. Gotta Believe in Something - see just mentioned comment above. This pulsing, quick-tempo track picks up the pace, concluding 'Flight'.

standout favorite tracks:
4. Marisol
5. The Cycle

-Chloe
on February 6, 2013
I bought this for my daughter and she really likes it. I always thought Emily was a more talented actress than Miley, but Miley sang well. Now that Miley is trying to prove she's not a little girl any more (and going way overboard in the process), Emily might end up being the better singer as well. Time will tell.
on February 23, 2014
Another awsome album from Emily. All the tracks are great. I hope she continues with her excellent music career (as well as her outstanding movie career. I was disappointed to find out I had missed her performance @ the Kiss concert in Mansfield, MA. I would love to see her do another show in my area (possibly Club Casino, NH, Mohegan Sun, Foxwoods, or The Eastern States Exposition in West Springfield, MA. I highly recommend this album for anyone who wants to listen to an entire album without skipping tracks that you don't like (you'll like everyone).Keep up the excellent work Emily.
on February 27, 2012
Absolutely love this CD! I didn't think of Emily as a great singing caliber, but she pulled it off in this CD. Always loved her song "All the Way Up" and I seriously can't stop listening to "Lovesick". This arrived fast and love her singing, just wish there were more songs on it though.
on February 28, 2014
The album is wonderful and I defintely recommend it. However, I bought it from cybercitymall and it arrived within a week but the CD case was destroyed and completely fell apart after I opened it. The CD also had a scratch on it, but it seems to be playing fine. I wouldn't buy it from cybercitymall, but definitely buy the album from someone else!
on October 6, 2010
I listened to Emily's EP "All The Right Wrongs" and I didn't find it very impressive. It was just not very interesting, and her voice was just okay at best. Now with her new album "Fight or Flight" Emily has a style that suits her voice and personality. The songs on this album are easily fun and some are meaningful in a sort of melancholy way. She sounds more in control of her voice in this album compared to "All The Right Wrongs" which was kind of all over the place.

The songs on here are completely Pop/Electronic, similar to Selena Gomez's latest album but more sexual I guess. In a way Emily is following the same path as her friend Miley Cyrus but since Emily isn't as popular or interesting she probably will be less successful. Compared to Miley's latest CD, Emily's is different sounding though. But not completely, they both sing about the same subject matter.

My favorite songs are "Double Talk", "Lovesick", "Gotta Believe In Something", and "1-800 Clap Your Hands". Those songs are more substantial lyrically than say her single "Let's Be Friends" and "All The Boys Want". Every single song on this album has a good dance beat and is processed somewhat heavily, making it a slick album. While Emily's voice has personality, it does need help from the computer. Throughout the whole album there is a multitude of effects use to boost her vocals. So if you were looking for raw vocals like songs on her previous EP, then don't pick up this album.

Overall, I enjoyed this album. It seems grown up and sexy, but it isn't outrageous. All these Disney Stars never seem to really get as edgy as they say they will be, so I wasn't surprised. This music is all catchy fun stuff to dance to, with two ballads thrown in for good measure. I commend Emily for finding her sound and helping in the writing process. This album really stands up on its own very well.