5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best albums I've heard in a few years
I've been listening to Hoobastank for 10 years. I've grown up listening to them through high school, college, and now after college. I own every Hoobastank album and this is one of my favorites.

Published on September 27, 2012 by AmazonFan

3.0 out of 5 stars Has some good songs but...
It was good but had to many slow beat songs. Was better than (For)never but still is not reaching anywhere close to Every Man for Himself. The band is drifting towards a place like Our Lady Peace are and it's scaring me. Forget the mature card cause every band grows but doesn't change their style so drastically. Hopefully the next record sounds a bit like the first 3 or 4...
Published on September 14, 2012 by JoB

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best albums I've heard in a few years, September 27, 2012
This review is from: Fight or Flight (MP3 Music)

The thing I love about Hoobastank is that their sound is so unique from other bands. Not only that but each of their songs in each of their albums are very distinct from one another. Some people want to hear a repeat of their favorite album. You won't get that because Hoobastank's creativity pushes them to new limits. This album is no exception!

So what does Fight or Flight offer? What new limits and what new sounds are they hitting this time? I feel like these songs offer a much more fuller, more atmospheric sound to them than previous albums. Just listen to "No Destination" or "Slow Down" and you'll know what I'm talking about. So many layers of sound pleasing your ears.

Just like their other albums, each song is distinct. You won't grow bored with the album. Too often I'll listen to an album and all the songs will get washed together and it will feel like I've been listening to the same song over and over...not with Hoobastank! Finish one song and you can't wait to hear what the next one has to offer!

Do your ears a favor and buy this album! Support Hoobastank so they can keep coming out with great music! Now they just need to come to Charlotte, NC so I can finally see them live!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I expected, but pleasantly surprised!, September 13, 2012
This review is from: Fight Or Flight (Audio CD)
This is a new direction for the band with the new label and a new direction musically. It doesn't really sound like any of the previous efforts. The guys have definitely grown up. The guys sound fresh and the music will definitely make you move. I was somewhat disappointed with For-n-ever. That LP had a few good songs but overall it didn't satisfy my Hooba fix. Fight or Flight has been a good return in my opinion. Doug Robb's vocals as always are amazing! I definitely recommend this to any Hoobastank fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good album!, April 5, 2013
This review is from: Fight Or Flight (Audio CD)
I love this kind of rock music so all i can really say is keep it coming for more hoobastank.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, March 2, 2013
This review is from: Fight Or Flight (Audio CD)
As a professional Hollywood engineer and producer, I've been listening to Hoobastank for awhile, always liking their flavor of pop rock. In the past, I've looked past what I thought were poorly produced albums (their first mainstream, eponymous album is awful) and yet I enjoyed the band through their producers' bad choices. This is my favorite album of theirs mix-wise.

The one negative is the first track, "This is Gonna Hurt." While it's an experiment for Hoobastank's typical sound, and I commend them for it, I was disappointed to be honest. The sounds are pretty grating and annoying. But I kept the album playing, and wow. I really dig the rest of it.

My favorites: (Track 3) "The Fallen", (6) "Slow Down", (2) "You Before Me", (9) "Magnolia", in that order. "The Fallen" gets a little funky and hard and I can hear Hooba's early punk/ska influence. But by no means is this album remotely punk or ska. "Slow Down" has *fantastic* atmosphere. The most purely captured mood of any of their songs ever. "You Before Me" reminds me of "What Happened to Us?" from The Reason. Some nice emotion there.

Overall, I think the album is a little darker mood-wise (as dark as a band like Hoobastank can be) than earlier albums and Hooba sounds more mature musically and lyrically. It's got the rock of their fourth (mainstream) album "For(n)ever" and the angst of parts of the third and second albums "Every Man for Himself" and "The Reason." The drumming, while never complex or adventurous is still tasteful, simple and often grooving - modus operandi for Chris Hesse (I can tell he's capable of more, but chooses to play less, and I respect that). The guitar-work is solid. Douglas Robb's vocals are definitely the primary reason to listen to Hoobastank. He's just got a darn good voice. And uses it well. I think it's ironic that after leaving a major (Island Records) and making something on their own, they have an album with a sound that blows the albums under Island out of the water (pun unintended).

This has joined "For(n)ever" to be my favorite two albums from the band. Sounds great.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite band, March 22, 2014
This review is from: Fight Or Flight (Audio CD)
Love it! Will not disappoint the Hoobastank fan. These guys are the best, with a sound all their own. Sweet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, November 10, 2013
This review is from: Fight Or Flight (Audio CD)
Very good come back CD, I was expecting it actually. All of their CD's have been good. I have gotten all of their cd's and they have not failed me so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Band Matures, Without Sucking, October 8, 2013
This review is from: Fight Or Flight (Audio CD)
This album is solid from start to finish. If you liked them before, you should like this effort by Hoobastank.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another pleasant album from a great band!, January 28, 2013
This review is from: Fight Or Flight (Audio CD)
I've been listening to hoobastank since "Crawling In The Dark" hit the radio. This album shows how far this band has gone since 1994. Their ever-evolving sound is none other than the Hoobastank everyone knows and loves! Amazing album! Congratulations to the band! This is a must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoobastank doesn't stink, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Fight Or Flight (Audio CD)
I love all kinds of music especially when the songs are well written and really say something. Love their words and the sound

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Album, Highly Recommend,, January 9, 2013
This review is from: Fight or Flight (MP3 Music)
But Do Not Assume All Songs Are Hard Rockers, As Songs Vary From Hard Rock To Melodic To Ballads. Still Worth a Listen.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Fight Or Flight
Fight Or Flight by Hoobastank (Audio CD - 2012)