Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports STEM

86%
14%

on December 9, 2013
This is a very high-quality, well-constructed keyboard. I was very hesitant to spend this much money on a mechanical keyboard, but after owning this for about 2 months I can definitely say I am happy with my purchase.

I wasn't sure whether to get red or brown switches being that this keyboard would be used exclusively for typing at work, but so far I have been very happy with the red switches. I definitely noticed more typos than normal for the first few weeks because of how light and linear the red switches are, but now that I've adjusted to them I think I make less mistakes than ever before. It is pretty easy to bottom-out the reds (which makes a lot of noise) but the silky-smooth, light, airy key presses feel so superior to rubber domes I've simply decided to work on typing lighter. I also installed 40A-L rubber o-rings to help quiet my bad-habit of bottoming out keys and they made a world of difference.

The minimalist, professional looking design is perfect for my desk at work. I appreciate the absence of gaudy or flashy backlighting and media/macro keys like many other mechanical boards come standard with. After switching from a full-size to a tenkeyless board I can unequivocally say I will never use a full-size again. It took almost no time at all to train myself to be just as fast with the home row number keys as I was with the tenkey pad. The trade-off in ergonomics is well worth it in my opinion. I reach from the home row keys to my mouse way more often than I ever used the tenkey pad.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because of the keycap material. The keycaps are ABS plastic and begin to shine/wear much faster than I would have liked. After 2 months of moderate to heavy usage my caps are already starting to lose their texture. For a keyboard this expensive it should absolutely have a nice set of PBT keycaps. I'm currently looking at ordering a set of PBT caps from a group-buy on GeekHack, but that will easily add another $50+ dollars on to the total cost of this already expensive board.

Another small complaint I have is that my particular board suffers from the infamous Filco ping. I have two keys (O and L) that, when pressed very quickly, will ring for like half a second afterwards due to them resonating on the steel backplate. This isn't enough of a problem for me to knock off another star or to return the keyboard, but it is absolutely something that is noticeable and slightly detracts from the overall experience.
on June 17, 2015
Love my Filco keyboard. I have blue and brown and now two red Filcos, all tenkeyless. Red is my favorite.

This red ninja has that Otaku look but with hints! Pinnacle of keyboard technology. Well, I like my filco more than my topre anyway and both vastly more than my model Ms. Typing, writing, has been a large part of my life for a long time..

Goodluck on finding yours.
on June 29, 2012
This keyboard is of exceptional quality and has significantly increased my movement abilities in computer games such as CS GO and Tribes Ascend. Compared to the Cooler Master Quick Fire the over all feel is superior. The space bar not bent during the molding process, the keys feel better, the keyboard doesn't rock back and forth on a flat surface, everything feels solid, this is an amazing product.

My only complaint is I have no idea how one would use the key puller to take off the space bar or enter key/shift/backspace keys there came no English instructions on using the key puller. Also I was under the impression Filco keyboards were made in Japan but this keyboard was built in Taiwan. Also the cord is not very long and not replaceable as with the CM Quick Fire. I have been using this for a day so I can not attest to its durability.

This is my first red switch board, and I can honestly say I prefer Cherry MX red switches over Cherry MX blue for everything including typing, I am not disappointed with my purchase despite the hefty price. This thing is built solid like an exotic Belgian assault rifle.
on June 29, 2013
I loved this keyboard so but had to give it away because of the red switches. Nothing was wrong with it at all and seeing as Amazon didn't have any in stock with brown switches, I had to order from The Keyboard Company themselves in the United Kingdom. That's usually whom sells these through Amazon and they were just sold out at the time. I ended up paying right at $180 for the same version with brown switches that way but it was worth it. The Filco's are just the best made and best typing keyboards I have ever had the pleasure of working with but brown switches are just the way to go. I use a Duckie with brown switches also that has LED lit keys but the Filco is the better build and typing experience in my opinion.
on December 20, 2012
This is by far the best keyboard I've ever used.. and I've used a lot of keyboards. I've used practically every keyboard Razer has ever made, as well as a variety of mechanical keyboards.

This keyboard uses Cherry MX Red switches. The longer keys (like the spacebar) have wire stabilizers. The end result is beautiful, soft actuation on every key (unlike, for example, a Ducky Shine II, which has a 'spongier' feeling spacebar/backspace keys due to using Cherry MX Black stabilizers).

Cherry MX Reds are usually marketed as "gamer switches".. and I can attest to them being extremely comfortable through hours of gaming.

Prior to having this keyboard, I used a Mionix Zibal 60, which uses Cherry MX Black switches.. the other "gaming switch". I found the Black switches to be extremely effective for gaming, but tiresome for typing. And because most of the games, if not all, that I play have some form of chat component, I decided to try out the Reds. I'll never buy another color of Cherry MX switch again.

Back to the Filco. This Filco is extremely well-built. It is solid, heavy, and the keys don't wobble at all. You can definitely tell within seconds of typing on it that you're dealing with a very high-quality product. I have no doubt that this keyboard will last a lifetime.

Filcos are notorious for being expensive.. but when you consider how long they last and the quality put into them, they are well worth the added cost.
on July 21, 2012
This keyboard blows every keyboard I've owned in the past. Works great for typing and just awesome for gaming (BF3 and TF2). Do your research on which Cherry keys would suit you then compare the Filco to other mechanical keyboard manufactures. It was Filco or Leopold for me and this is what I settled on, mostly due to availability. See ya on the battlefield.
on January 2, 2014
This is my first mechanical keyboard. After reviewing and investigating, I made my decision on Filco Ninja. I am happy with my chose after 3 days using. Very comfortable and feedback on striking. With Red MX, the noise is bearable as well.

One tip: it's 45g, so your hands might feel tired after long using, and I am still getting used to it.
on February 11, 2013
This keyboard is positively fantastic for gaming. The keys are very easy to press as the Cherry MX Red switches have very little in the way of resistance. I've heard some people say that it might be too easy to press them, and for some this might be true. I have noticed that if i'm not paying enough attention, simply resting my hand on the keyboard can be enough to register key presses. On the other hand, the very easily actuated keys are an advantage -- i've never been able to interact with my games as quickly and accurately as I do now.

Other things to note:
-The build quality on this thing is incredible. Not a single thing is out of place or feels of inferior quality.
-The side-printed keys are gorgeous. The entire keyboard has a very minimal look to it, which I find to be quite nice personally. No glowing lights or LCD screens here.
- The keyboard itself is quite hefty. It won't slide around your desk even when things get intense.
- Cherry MX Red switches are NOT clicky. To some this is a pro, and to other this is a con. I personally find it to be quite nice, especially when you consider the noise that other people will have to deal with (in your own home or over skype/vent/mumble). That said, if you bottom the keys out it is still going to be louder than a traditional rubber dome keyboard. Overall, I find the noise level to be negligible.
- The keys actually register at something like 2mm of depression, which makes everything you do feel more responsive.
- I don't miss the 10-key pad at all, nor do I miss useless macro keys. The space savings is quite nice and the footprint of this keyboard is tiny compared to my old keyboard (a first generation G15).

For me, this keyboard has provided huge gains in reaction time when gaming. That alone has made it worth it's price. If you're on the fence about a mechanical keyboard for gaming, don't hesitate. This is THE keyboard.
on October 21, 2014
It's a great keyboard, the feedback feels amazing, mind you I prefer the linear feel compared to the tactile one. The Filco build quality impressed me positively, the spacebar is completely solid which is something some other keyboards (Even Mechanical ones) don't do well. The lack of a Num. Pad took me a day to get used to, after that I honestly do not miss it. And I appreciate the added ergonomics in my desk due to the added space.

All in all it's a great keyboard. I would highly recommend it, I have honestly not found any complaints.
on April 14, 2014
After being use to typing/gaming on POS dome switch keyboards for the past 16 years it was a BIG change going to this keyboard. WOW! What a difference! These keys are so easy to press and just "fast" cuz they will actuate from numerous angles by touching them.