Customer Discussions > NBA 2K12 (Covers May Vary) forum

Files to print out the front cover of your choice !?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 29, 2011 6:26:15 AM PDT
F to the Z says:
Added to the pre-order bonus section:

3) files to print out the front cover of your choice (Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, or Magic Johnson), as which cover you initially receive cannot be guaranteed.

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 6:29:11 PM PDT
Miami Nights says:
I'll admit. That gave me some pause as well. I want either the Jordan cover, or the Magic Johnson one. I definitely don't want the Bird cover. I'll hope that I get one that I want. It would suck if I don't... as I don't have a color printer.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 11:06:25 AM PDT
Jonathan says:
You need a good color printer and some of that fancy glossy paper for it to look decent.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 11:14:35 AM PDT
El Pericasso says:
Yeah that means shelling out for color ink (well, already have that) and glossy paper (don't have that). Glossy paper is expensive. I'm already paying $59.99 for a game in a lockout season. Would it be that hard for them to give us an option? Magic Johnson please!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2011 11:22:01 AM PDT
Miami Nights says:
I think what they should do is include high-quality printouts on quality, thick paper (glossy even) of either all three covers, or at least the two alternatives to what we do receive. But... it'd be easier just to throw in all three with every game.

I've seen some CD scores do that; for example, the Lord of the Rings scores did. The label threw in about 7 or so alternative dual-sided slip covers in the box set.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 1:34:15 PM PDT
The One says:
I don't know who to blame for this:
Amazon for being too lazy to add extra SKU's in order to diferentiate between cover athletes or 2K Sports for not adding all 3 of them on one cover at once.
It would have made sense to include all of them on one cover since one of their trailers mentions "MJ is back.... and he brought some friends along"

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 3:59:59 PM PDT
M.B says:
lol what a rip off have to print it out. I was thinking they all shipped with different covers. well at least we get the teams.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 4:57:45 PM PDT
Miami Nights says:
I just cancelled my pre-order. Combine the lack of control over which cover I'll get, with the current state of the NBA, I'll just wait until the price drops. I sense that will happen sooner than later, given the lockout. And it the lockout affects the regular season, then it surely will result in big sales. I can decide then. Otherwise I'm just buying it for a 10 dollar credit and for lack of choice in which cover I get. So, forget it...

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 6:57:19 PM PDT
Rusty says:
I want the Larry Bird cover so I would be willing to trade if I don't get that one.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 11:57:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2011 11:57:58 PM PDT
THEDUDE says:
really? i mean really? if youre more concerned about what the cover looks like instead of the game itself somethings wrong with you. ok i understand collectables but seriously? youre playing the game not the cover, i dont think ive ever payed attention to a games front and back cover after the first day i got it. smh

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2011 12:53:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2011 12:53:37 AM PDT
Miami Nights says:
I don't know who exactly you're responding to, but it seems like it's to my earlier post.

First, I'm not you.

Second, you are aware that not everyone thinks and feels as you do, right? Nor does everyone else have to.

How you think and feel about this is fine, but don't be shaking your head just because my and other people's thoughts are not in line with yours.

Lastly, read my comment again, and you'll know it's not just about the cover. If you can't see that, then perhaps there's something wrong with your reading and interpreting capabilities.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2011 12:54:32 AM PDT
Miami Nights says:
Who are you going to trade with?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2011 8:09:42 AM PDT
Rusty says:
It is not that people are concerned with what the cover looks like. Well that goes for me. Some people have favorite players. That is all. I am sure people are going to play and enjoy the game.

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 8:32:29 AM PDT
El Pericasso says:
By the way, check out the 9.5 review score it got on IGN. I'm not passing this game up due to the lockout or not getting a certain cover. I know the lockout sucks, but I'm enjoying the Hardwood Classics being shown on NBA TV. And in that same vein, I'm extremely looking forward to playing as the legendary players and teams of the past. Then again, I've been playing basketball games since Tom Chambers could double pump a slam dunk from the 3 point line.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2011 12:54:02 PM PDT
J. Foley says:
Dude, love your post. Cheatin' Chambers dunking from behind the arc. Classic.

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 7:41:35 PM PDT
L. Allen says:
Well I think the problem here is having multiple covers of a game, but not offering the customer their choice of which cover they want. If all there was was one cover, then it would be a non-issue. The fact that are three choices, yet we don't get to choose? Now that's bunk. If they have to be printed off, then Amazon should let each customer pick one, then Amazon should print it off and send it along with the game. And on high quality, glossy photo paper and high-rez image!

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 8:21:57 PM PDT
F. Merino says:
You can choose which cover you want from the NBA store, but obviously no promotional $10 credit :/

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 6:16:32 AM PDT
M.B says:
I dont care if this game dont come with a case I will still be picking it up.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2011 7:48:08 AM PDT
J. Rogers says:
@El Pericasso

Exactly my thoughts, the 'my player mode' alone from 2k11 kept me busy for several months. The improvements to my player mode and legends mode will be more than enough to keep me entertained until the lockout is over.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2011 8:36:57 AM PDT
El Pericasso says:
Right on man. This game only comes second to actually playing some pickup hoops. I'm sure that anybody who's been a fan of the 2K series in the past few years will not be disappointed. This game just keeps on improving year after year and any true hoophead will not regret the purchase.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2011 8:42:10 AM PDT
El Pericasso says:
Thanks. Cheating Chambers was SO automatic! I remember not knowing who Tom Chambers was until playing the Lakers vs. Celtics video game, and then being genuinely disappointed when I saw he couldn't do it in real life.

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 2:33:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2011 2:34:27 PM PDT
N. Aker says:
Will stores be carrying all three covers or just the Jordan cover without preorder

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 10:12:25 AM PDT
The One says:
So... I got my copy delivered just now with the Magic cover, but I wanted the Jordan cover. Kind of bummed, but I guess you can't win them all

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 10:19:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2011 10:19:39 AM PDT
M.B says:
I got Magic cover but that is the one I wanted glad I didnt have to print anything out

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 3:16:57 PM PDT
Aaron says:
hey where is the file in order to print out a different cover? I got Larry Legend booo!!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Sep 29, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 5, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
NBA 2K12 (Covers May Vary)
NBA 2K12 (Covers May Vary) by 2K (Xbox 360)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (249)