4.0 out of 5 stars A great message and easy for young children to understand
Published on August 19, 2008 by Shannon M. Janeczek

3.0 out of 5 stars For a Younger Audience
I bought this thinking it would go well with the "Have You Filled A Bucket" book... I teach 4th grade, but found this book to be aimed at a younger audience. I ended up giving it to a friend who teaches Kindergarten, and she thought it was great to use with her class.
Published on November 11, 2009 by Grey Bruin

4.0 out of 5 stars A great message and easy for young children to understand, August 19, 2008
Although the message of Carol McCloud's first book, "Have You Filled A Bucket Today?" resonates with kids as young as 2 and 3, this book takes it a step closer to helping kids that age and slightly older (maybe as old as 5) get the idea that being kind and loving is important to their own happiness. I read it to my little guy (6 months old) and he loved the colors and pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fill a Bucket, December 1, 2008
Purchased this book for our local kindergarten class. The teacher requested it because it gives the young students an opportunity to learn about happiness in their lives and what they can do for others. They love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, February 22, 2009
This book is for all ages! It reminds everyone that we have a responsibility to fill buckets of happiness daily.

3.0 out of 5 stars For a Younger Audience, November 11, 2009
Grey Bruin (Madera, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fill a Bucket: A Guide to Daily Happiness for Young Children (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book about making others happy, January 10, 2010
J. Rau "The Rau Family" (Beaverton, OR United States) - See all my reviews
We bought this book for my son who was having a hard time being happy for other children's achievements in school. We had tried many others through our library but none really changed his perspective until we brought this one home. It's written in a simple way that even my 3 year old daughter can understand and act on. After reading the book, we often talk about who's bucket we want to fill and generate different ideas on how to going about doing so. We do this at least once a week to keep it top of mind for them - and it's working. They really enjoy making other people feel good and have seen that little things like a simple hug or one nice word can make a big difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Message, June 24, 2011
This book got the message CLEARLY across to my girls (4 1/2 and almost 3). When one says something mean to the other, I sometimes hear the other one say 'you need to fill up my bucket" and they understand using kind words and hugging to apologise are ways to fill up someones' bucket.

4.0 out of 5 stars More hugs for Daddy, April 7, 2011
I purchased this book for my granddaughters, 3 years and 5 years old. The 3 year old has always been a Mommy's girl much to Daddy's chagrin. But, after reading Fill a Bucket, she decided to fill Daddy's bucket. She sat next to him at dinner, crawled on his lap after dinner, and requested that he be the one to tuck her in bed that night. Needless to say, Daddy was THRILLED!! He is now much more affectionate toward her. He has begun to fill her bucket, and she is continuing to fill his bucket every day. What a delightful way to explain kindness to a young child. She has learned that as a result of her kindness, she is receiving kindness in return.

My daughter helped the girls make paper buckets for each member of the family to put on the bulletin board. Every time they are kind to someone, they add a star or heart to the buckets. They enjoy seeing their "kindnesses" add up and over flow the buckets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, September 19, 2010
I began the new school year with this book. My students (2nd graders) really enjoyed listening. The book helps to create a happy, kind environment by encouraging children to use kind words to make others and themselves feel good internally. Great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars fill a buckey, June 27, 2011
kelly (HODGES, SC, US) - See all my reviews
Awesome loved it loved it. The children in my class loved it and it has helped with the children being nicer to one another. This is a great book for preschool children. I made a bucket for each child in my class and let them color it and then hung them on the wall. When the children are saying nice things or doing things that are nice and following the rules I put a dot on there bucket with a dry erase marker and at the end of the week on Friday if they have filled their bucket they get a treat the children just love it. I read the book every Monday to refresh their memory and to help them remember.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST have!, May 31, 2010
I was a little thrown off by the title "a guide". i wasnt sure if it was a self help type book or what. But, after reading the reviews, it looked cute so i went for it and got it for my daughters easter basket. We have really enjoyed this book. My daugher calls is the "bucket book". Its a sweet story about doing good deeds and making others happy and as a result, making others happy, makes you happy! As an adult, its a good reminder as well. I highly recommend this book for all ages!

Fill a Bucket: A Guide to Daily Happiness for Young Children
Fill a Bucket: A Guide to Daily Happiness for Young Children by Kathy Martin (Hardcover - July 15, 2009)
$9.95 $8.96