4.0 out of 5 stars Great bunch of movies for the price
I've got a very eclectic taste, and buy quite a few multi-packs.

It's rare for a multipack to have four very good films, maybe not blockbuster status, but good. That's a fair description here.

If you like romance or romantic comedy there's not one of these that will dissappoint.

Without giving too much away I'd place them as follows:...
Published on December 14, 2011 by B Leuri

1.0 out of 5 stars Subtitles
i purchased this set back in Aug....went to watch them in Nov, and everyone of them is in subtitles...i tried to turn it off, and it wont. no where on the packaging did i see that this is how every movie would be. Now i a am returning it, but can only receive half of my money back....very upset.
Published on November 15, 2012 by skywench

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bunch of movies for the price, December 14, 2011
This review is from: 4 Film Favorites: Nicholas Sparks (Message in a Bottle, Nights in Rodanthe, The Notebook, A Walk to Remember) (DVD)
I've got a very eclectic taste, and buy quite a few multi-packs.

Without giving too much away I'd place them as follows:

Message in a bottle was the best of the bunch, a personal opinion only, as it involved both detective work and sailing, it rated as close to 5 stars as can be given. Costner's performance was the only bit that left just a fraction to be desired. It has a somewhat surreal subplot/message that nothing we ever do is gone for good, that life finds it's way to completing the circle.

Night's in Rodanthe and a Walk to Remember are both great for a rainy afternoon or stormy evening. Sofa, ice-cream, brownies and turn off the phone. 4 stars and 3 stars respectively, but only just 4 and should perhaps be more than 3.

The Notebook is possibly the least desired of the bunch personally, I'm not one who's so big on movies containing lots of flashbacks or based around them, but the acting, especially Garner's and storyline are still easily good enough to make it worth watching more than once. This was a case of where Costner lowered the overall quality of "Message" slightly, this one just wouldn't have worked without the ageing Garner.

It's a good set, in a nice box, delivered quickly and absolutely enjoyed. There were no issues with quality or getting them to play in either of our players.

More details would spoil the movies so if you like this genere, invest and watch.
You'll possibly enjoy the investment as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Four great chic flix all together!, February 10, 2010
Grab a box of tissues, and settle in to cry. Fried Green Tomatoes ain't got nothing on these four movies. Nicholas Sparks writes so believable. James Garner and Gena Rowlands are so sweet together, Richard Gere and Diane Lane make sparks together. And oh my, Kevin Costner makes you wish you were in his arms instead of Robin Wright Penn. These are the kind of movies you think about and remember for days after watching them. Buy them, you won't regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a great deal!, April 9, 2012
I was interested in two of the four before I found this set, but was happy to have come across it because it was such a great price to include four great movies. One thing worth mentioning (the reason for 4 stars instead of 5) is that all four discs come stacked together in one case: they don't each have their own 'page' whether hard plastic snap-in or cloth-type insert which would, of course, better protect each disc, so it might not be a good idea for those who are rough on their things or have kids who aren't careful. But this does save space from having four separate DVDs on my shelf and is such a bargain that it hardly matters!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfull - I thought these were Chick Flicks, July 2, 2009
Sucba3624 (Richmond, VA) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed these very much. The Plots / story lines are excellant. My wife wanted these so I thought what the hick. Then she wanted me to watch them with her. I thought, OMG Chick Flicks - But I enjoyed them

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, April 7, 2012
It's not easy to add four great movies to your DVD collection for this price. I had only seen two of the movies before buying (The Notebook and A Walk to Remember) and knew that those two movies alone were worth the $10 spent on the four-pack. If you're a movie watcher and love at least one of these movies already, invest in this four-pack!

5.0 out of 5 stars :), July 4, 2010
I purchased this DVD set as a Mother's Day present for my mom and she was extremely thrilled. She said it was the best present she's ever received. She is a big fan of Nicholas Sparks and having these 4 movies in a set was great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, March 27, 2012
This was a great deal but I didn't like how the dvds came packaged. They were stacked on top of each other instead of in 4 seperate areas like other 4 pack movies. But of course I love the movies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quad pack of movies, July 24, 2013
Some of Nickolas Sparks best novels. Great for a girlfriend weekend.
Get out the Kleenex and enjoy the love stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great adaptions to Nicholas Sparks' greatest novels!, December 17, 2013
Even though I am not much of a romance reader I really love Nicholas Sparks' work. "The Notebook" is by far my most favorite from him. I even loved the movie that was made in 2004 of the novel. And I also loved other adaptions like "A Walk To Remember" and "Message in a Bottle". However, I never really did see "Nights in Rodanthe". But the other three films were just amazingly created.

I never felt so emotional about romance novels or movies before. I was always the action-adventure type of guy. But then I saw the movie "The Notebook" and that was when I was introduced to Nicholas Sparks. I watched the other adaptions and I just really like them for some reason. I later figured out that the reason I love them is because I find myself rooting for the couples in the movies and novels. I just care about these characters and I really want them to be together, like as if it is the end of the world if they don't get together in the end.

What else can say? These movies are full of romance that they will leave you with goose-bumps and your heart pounding for more. I say buy it. That includes you husbands and boyfriends out there! Get your true love something like this and I promise you that there will be plenty of kisses to go around. ;)

This is worth buying and I'll leave it at that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awww to be in love, February 21, 2014
Great way to get over my divorce. Great way to spend the weekend. Plus some chocolate and wine. Great flicks