5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising Quality from a Quad Pack!
Published on February 24, 2011 by Ray Gray

1.0 out of 5 stars Never got it....
I never got my 4 movies, it like I'm getting rip off... Who do I talk to ? When will I get my movies ??
Published 18 months ago by eric burt

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising Quality from a Quad Pack!, February 24, 2011
Ray Gray (Roseville, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4 Film Favorites: Suspense (Devil's Advocate, Heat, Insomnia, Seven) (DVD)
Update: Not sure why my review has been moved to the movie Insomnia, but the review I wrote below is for a Quad Pack DVD package that includes Insomnia, Heat, The Devil's Advocate, and Seven. Unless you are considering a purchase of the Quad package, the review below will not be much help because it deals with the transfer quality of the movies, not the movies themselves.

Okay, you probably know the movies, so no need to review them. Chances are you have interest in one or more of the movies but aren't quite sure whether to pull the trigger due to the Quad Pack packaging. I wanted The Devil's Advocate plus Heat and it was less expensive to get them packaged like this than separately. I was just suspicious of what kind of quality transfer I'd get, but what the heck, I took the risk and ordered it.

As soon as I get a blu-ray or DVD movie I pop it my HD system to see the quality of the transfer. Then I rate it from 1 to 5, 1 being perfect, 2 digital sharp, 3 marginal, 4 poor, and 5 unwatchable. I'm always suspicious of Double-Triple-Quad movie packs because the quality of the transfer to DVD is generally a lower quality. That isn't the case with this quad pack. Granted, my rating scale is subjective but I have a discerning eye. All four movies in this pack rated as a 2 for digital sharp. One of the DVD movies, Seven, even came with the DTS sound option. The other 3 were Dolby 5.1.

There are two double sided DVDs in the quad pack, a movie on each side. The only criticism of the discs is you have to have a magnifying glass to read the center rim label to see which movie you're popping in the player. Thankfully each movie is just as nice as a single disc, keepcase DVD.

Overall, this DVD quad pack is definitely worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another packaging snafu...!, September 3, 2011
I love these movies, and once again have them all on VHS and was psyched to see them all in a 4-film dvd package (and the price was a great deal!), but, come on-- all 4 disks stuffed in one slot?? I recently reviewed another 4-Film collection (Love Stories) that was packaged the same way. All of the other multi-film boxes I have purchased have multi-film slots, or are 2 or more of the movies on each disk, or double-sided. I totally appreciate the better quality of the individual movie disks--- that is, until they become unwatchable due to the scratches from being stacked on top of each other, not to mention the difficulty in getting them out of the box. Once again, when I opened the box and saw only 1 movie disc----I almost thought that there was an error and was only sent 1 of the movies. But having just received another 4 film set I took the movie out and sure enough, there were all 4 movies in the same slot. Luckily I have extra boxes so could separate them and use the artwork from the vhs boxes. I guess maybe I'm being too picky-- after all it was a great deal, fast shipping, etc. etc. and packaging this way helps keep the cost down, But I almost wish that they came in separate disk envelopes-- even without the case or artwork so that I would know that these movies will need to be stored a better way. But since the price was pretty cheap for 4 movies I guess I shouldn't complain...!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain for four really good movies, March 3, 2012
At first, I received the packaging that had two, double-sided DVD's. I had to return them because two of the movies got to a certain chapter in the movie and then stopped, no matter what DVD player or computer I tried to use. Amazon was wonderfully simple to do a return, and I had my replacement in two days. There must have been a manufacturing error with the first one, because the second shipment came as four single-sided DVD's and they all played perfectly. I did not see these movies in the theater, and the heavily censored and edited TV versions are hopeless. It was really great to see these movies as they were originally meant to be seen. At this price, to get four quality movies is a real deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Movie Afternoon, August 4, 2011
Yes, it's hard to read which movie is which on the DVD labels. Tiny print in the circles. However, in bright light, it's not a problem. The quality is perfect. Enjoyed the savings for 4 movies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movies, November 1, 2013
Four great movies at an even better price. Heat and Seven have always been on my list of favorite movies, and Insomnia and Devil's Advocate are great movies as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars bought this for my hubby, December 18, 2013
i looked at it, i know he will love it. fast service. thank you deeply.....btw i love it too cant wait to watch them all

5.0 out of 5 stars Se7en alone is worth the price of admission for this ..., September 14, 2014
Se7en alone is worth the price of admission for this outstanding collection.
Devil's Advocate never fails to be anything but outstanding as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, November 27, 2012
all 4 DVDs in good, working condition. Arrived quickly and well packaged. This was definitely a bargain, I thought all 4 movies would come on 1 dvd, the fact that u get a dvd for each movie is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection of movies!, July 22, 2011
This is a terrific deal! We haven't watched Devil's Advocate yet, but really like the other movies and what a deal for four movies!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, November 10, 2013
Al Pacino, when he was great with no one to stop him at his genre! "Scarface", was the best that I know of!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›