Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games

Film in development... who will play who?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 20, 2007 6:20:54 PM PDT
Claire Kelly says:
There is a film in development. At the moment, the details are only available to people with imdb pro accounts. So my question is this: who should play who?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2007 8:36:54 PM PDT
Lindsey Lohan is perfect for Jade. However, I think all of the teenage characters should be unknowns. Hollywood is filled is fesh ultra-goodlooking waifish actors, and the audience can come into the film without any preconceived notions on the characters. I see Cate Blanchette or Paltrow for Hannah and Clooney for Dad. And for the nutty June bug Eva Peron? Definitely Annette Bening.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2007 7:31:12 PM PDT
The author is on record as preferring unknowns.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2007 9:49:11 PM PDT
Claire Kelly says:
Actually, it does make sense to use unknowns... Although, Robyn, Eva Perron played by Annette Bening?? I can definitely see that!

There is an uncanny resemblance between Gerard in visual aid 1.2 (?? I think) and Johnny Depp, although I can't see him in the role, AT ALL, just seems wrong...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2007 3:49:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2007 3:50:14 PM PDT
McGeek says:
It's probably just me, but from the moment she described Hannah in Fat Kat Foods the image in my mind the rest of the book was Darryl Hannah. Possibly just for the fact that I imagined the suit she was wearing to be exactly like the one she wore in Kill Bill, but yeah, that's who I see.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2007 5:57:08 PM PDT
Claire Kelly says:
...that's hilarious!!! Darryl Hannah is so tall and strong... I imagine a petite Hannah...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2007 9:29:50 PM PDT
Muffy S. says:
For Hannah: I like Helena Bonham Carter, and I'd love to see Alexis Bledel play Blue.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2007 8:28:44 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 18, 2007 8:29:25 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2007 12:33:13 PM PST
Gilda says:
Actually, Alexis Bledel would be perfect for Blue. The whole time I read the book I was picturing Rory Gilmore.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2008 11:39:49 AM PDT
pepper says:
Jennifer Connely for Hannah

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2008 12:01:37 PM PDT
Blue - Ellen Page
Gareth - Gary Cole
Hannah - Cate Blanchett (w/dark hair)
Eva - Susan Sarandon
Smoke - Larry Hagman
Verduga - Javier Bardem
Jade - Blake Lively
Charles - Ryan Philippe
Zach - Bradford Anderson
Leulah - Liza Weil
Milton - Milo Ventimiglia

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2008 1:18:38 PM PST
What about Kate Beckinsale as Hannah? She has dark hair and the "old Hollywood" look that Hannah is described as having.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2009 11:14:21 AM PDT
Debbie says:
Actually, the author's opinion will mean as much to the producers as mine does.

Posted on Jul 8, 2009 1:10:42 PM PDT
How about that wasp blowhard, Wm. Hurt, for Gareth?

Posted on Jul 16, 2009 2:02:35 PM PDT
Lanie says:
Certainly Jennifer Connelly as Hannah. Dark hair, piercing eyes. She's sort of mysterious and fragile. I think she's the consummate Hannah.

Posted on Aug 31, 2009 6:45:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 1, 2009 6:20:20 PM PDT
cagey says:
I don't know....Hannah was supposed to be drop dead gorgeous and in her late 30's , early 40's. I always envisioned Catherine Zeta-Jones as Hannah. I think relative unknowns for the Bluebloods would be a good idea. I think Alexis Bledel would be better as Blue than Ellen Page but neither would be perfect. I'd like to see someone we've never seen before. Actually, now that I think about it, Carey Mulligan, would be a great choice. She played the second youngest sister, Kitty, in "Pride and Prejudice" (2004) with Keira Knightley. She's being touted as the next big thing. She's talented yet still a relative unknown.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2009 1:45:02 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 2, 2009 1:44:16 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2009 1:46:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2009 1:45:30 PM PDT
Sebazzel says:
I think that Mary Louise Parker would be great as Hannah - she has the dark eyes and the frail figure, and is a very accomplished actress.

Posted on Jan 7, 2010 9:20:46 AM PST
Jane Bealer says:
Has anyone ever watched Desperate Housewives? Orson? I think Kyle MacLachlan would be the perfect Gareth van Meer. I pictured him throughout the entire book.

As for Blue, it's silly, but I felt that I identified with her so much that it will be hard for me to see another person in her role. I spent the entire book picturing myself in her shoes. But that ain't gonna happen. Obviously.

Posted on Jul 31, 2010 2:09:14 PM PDT
Bookworm says:
Blue - Alexis Bledel, Ellen Page, or Amber Tamblyn.

Posted on Aug 23, 2010 4:50:16 PM PDT
A reader says:
Maybe I am way off base, but I thought of Sharon Stone for Hannah. Yes, she is somewhat older, but she is beautiful (in an old Hollywood glamor-way), has a dark, intelligent voice (I think)....and I sense she could play a whack job quite well. Jennifer Connelly is not nutty enough in my view...

For the Dad, I was thinking Ralph Fiennes. Blue...I have no idea. Hopefully an unknown. Ellen Page would go all-Juno and ruin it for me.

The suggestion of Lindsey Lohan for Jade is hilarious! Totally agree...

Posted on Mar 1, 2011 1:02:12 PM PST
Elin says:
Alexis Bledel is who I too saw when reading the book. She has that special look that make her able to hide if she wishes it and then pierce you with her big blue eyes.

Gareth looks like Robert Redford in the visual aids, and I think he could make him interesting. Him or Jeff Bridges.

For some reason Angelina Jolie has always been the one I've imagined when reading about Hannah. Something about how fragile yet sure. Cate Blanchett could probably do her justice as well.

Charles could be played by Matt Roering or Charlie Bewley.

Jade for me would be someone like Evan Rachel Wood.

Taylor Kitch would make a great Milton had he not cut of his hair.

Amber Tamblyn could possibly play Leulah, can't really think of anyone that fits. Alexis might be good too.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Mar 20, 2007
Latest post:  Mar 1, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Special Topics in Calamity Physics
Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl (Paperback - January 1, 2007)
3.7 out of 5 stars (491)