5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed
We replaced all of our cable set-top boxes with a Tivo Roamio and Tivo Minis after Christmas. The Tivo Minis connect to the Roamio via MoCA. Without the POE filter the Minis could not connect. After a very simple installation my Tivo MoCA network was up and running in minutes.
Published 12 months ago by fmlygy@gmail,com

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work
Unfortunately this did not work. TiVo MoCA network worked fine until I installed this, and after that it didn't work at all. Didn't matter where I installed it in my system, my MoCA network stopped working. And once I removed it my network started working again.
Published 4 months ago by Blake B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, February 9, 2014
This review is from: Filter, MoCA "POE" Filter for Cable TV Coaxial Networking ONLY (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, December 26, 2013
This filter does the job with no throughput slow down. Downstream and upstream speeds are unaffected by this. Great PoE security.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works!, December 7, 2013
Worked perfectly. Just put it in place and forgot about having to worry about your MoCA signal getting outside your house.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think it works great!, May 25, 2014
I was skeptical about getting one of these despite the great reviews it had only because I had problems with the one from the cable company. I have a Tivo Roamio Plus and two Tivo Mini's that I have setup via MocA network and they were working fine without needing a filter. However, I was concerned about someone being able to access my network if my signal ever leaked out of my apartment. Considering that I pay bills online and input credit card information and the like often over the internet, I needed to get one of these ASAP. When I connected it to my main cable line over the front door to my apartment, I later went on to check my signal levels and speeds on the Tivos. I was getting the same throughput as before, however the signal was much stronger on all three Tivos. I have been using it for a few weeks already and it works great just as it should. I bought this one specifically because it said it worked with Time Warner Cable, which I have. I got angry the other day because my cable and internet were going out intermittently and the signals were all over the place. I thought it was an issue with the filter so I removed it, but my services still weren't working. I called the cable company and they told me there were no outages in my area. Later I found out that the cable company was performing upgrades in my area and the very ignorant representative wasn't even aware of it. So I realized it wasn't the filter after all and connected it again and all is right in the world. I should add that I have no idea if the filter is doing it's job and keeping my signal from leaking out or interfering with my neighbors seeing that I am no network wiz. It does work fine in the sense that my internet and tv service work the same as before.

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what i needed, January 26, 2014
using new Roamio and 2 minis, was having all kinds of problems with connectivity with one of the minis. Once i installed this filter outside where the cable comes into my house. the mini has worked very well. still a hiccup now and again, but this filter allows the full MOCA signal to stay in the home

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for Tivo setup with MOCA, September 10, 2014
I have a Tivo Roamio setup over a MOCA network with two Mini's currently. When I setup my MOCA network, it started messing with my wireless connection, I could connect on mobile devices, but not on a computer for some reason. As soon as I bought and installed the POE filter (which means screwing it in, it takes 10 seconds), my internet was back to order. When they say they "suggest" using this with your MOCA network, it needs to say, get one of these, you need it. Find where your cable comes into the house and unscrew, screw this in, then screw the in line into this and that's it, nothing else. It bounces your signal back through the house instead of letting it escape.

4.0 out of 5 stars No Issues so far, January 1, 2014
Easy and simple to install and reported to also contain some surge protection. 4 stars (instead of 5) as a bit overpriced for what it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT attempt MoCA without it, August 26, 2014
Nomnom (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I thought I'd be smart and avoid buying the filter. After all, the filter must only be for chumps right? Wrong.

Right where the cable enters your house, but BEFORE it gets split anywhere, attach this filter (You can even connect it right onto the splitter). MoCA uses high frequency bandwidth to bounce their signals to each other across your entire house. The filter keeps them to just your house. Think of it as an electronic dam. If you want to get MoCA working in your house, adding the filter is your best bet.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must if you use MoCA, June 13, 2014
IF you are using a MoCA setup in your house and don't want your neighbors get easy access to your network than this is an absolute must. It filters the signal so it can't leave your house and install took me 20 seconds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, April 8, 2014
Does what it is supposed to do and my cable company installed it for me. Using with Motorola SBG6782AC and SBM1000 to create my MoCA internet connections.

Filter, MoCA "POE" Filter for Cable TV Coaxial Networking ONLY