Industrial Deals GG Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Ty Dolla Sign egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on HTL

on March 24, 2012
My husband and I suffer from allergies, and these filters are the best we have used, and the price is reasonable.
on October 29, 2011
Filters arrived almost immediately & in great condition. They were mailed in a very sturdy box which makes a great way to store the filters until use.
on December 23, 2013
Ordered the 2 pack of these filters because you should be changing your filter every 3 months, more often if you smoke or have pets. These do an excellent job and are a few dollars cheaper than buying at a local store. I've used these filters for years and will continue to do so.
on April 4, 2014
I have replaced my Filtrete filters every three months for 15 years. This is the first time I removed the filter and found to my shock that it was bent and almost sucked into the blower unit. I installed the next new filter (that came with this 6 pack), turned on the unit and then looked inside, and the second filter was bent and almost sucked in, after less then a minute of use. Mind you, this was a fresh, clean filter.

The cardboard frame sides were bent. I now believe that Filtrete may be using recycled paper to make the cardboard frame, thus decreasing the strength the the frame.

Be careful! Inspect your filter installation after you install and have run it a bit.

Edited 5/10/14: I have purchased this same filter at a big box hardware store and have had no problems. I really am not sure what the problem was with the package I bought on Amazon. Too old? Moisture? Recycled paper in the frame? I never returned this as it was way past the 30 days.
on June 20, 2013
I put this in my airfilter slot and the airconditioner could not get any air. I turned my thermostat down 1 degree and the air conditioner ran for 3 hours trying to get cool. I went to the air intake to look and the air had essentially stopped being sucked into the intake, and i had the arrow going the right way. I put my old fiberglass filter back in and it immediately cooled down 3 degrees in about 30 minutes. i am going back to the thin fiberglass filter, i dont wanna be hot and dont want to burn my motor out.
on December 7, 2013
I bought this based on the positive reviews here. My AC/furnace is standard issue, nothing special.
Buyer beware: Using this filter could kill your HVAC system before its time.

I measured the pressure drop across this filter (at heating speed, which is lower than the AC speed, so things are even worse in AC mode). The filter (in 20x25, smaller sizes would be worse) with a furnace that's supposed to get 1650 CFM of air dropped 0.23 in wc (brand new filter, so things are bound to get worse). That's half of what the system is rated for - but it still needs to get through the AC coil, the supply ducts, and the return ducts! Using it all on the filter leaves nothing for the rest of the system! This restriction will cause insufficient airflow, resulting in a cracked heat exchanger, iced AC coil (potentially leading to compressor death).
For comparison, the EZflow II dropped 0.05 in wc

To me, this means I will have to find another way to clean my air.
on April 7, 2011
It's a furnace filter. Exactly what I was expecting. A slam on 3M, or the people who originally installed my furnace, but it's labeled for this size, but it's still a bit to big to fit in the slot. The filter ends up being slightly crushed to fit in the slot, but it still seems to get plenty dirty so it must be filtering something.
on January 28, 2012
These specific 3M filters, though good at filtering micron-size particles, do too great of a job. Our fan's motor had burnt out so we had to spend beaucoup bucks for an HVAC repairman to replace it. He told us that he has replaced other fans like ours in homes whose owners use the higher-MERV-rated filters. Apparently, the resistance is too great, causing the fan to wear prematurely. He recommended the cheaper style filters that allow the air to pass more easily. We followed his advice, and the fan sounds less stressed and we've had no problems in past 4 yrs now.
on February 19, 2012
I have been shopping for a MERV 11 or 12 or better filter for my air conditioning unit from Amazon, and narrowed it down to two competitive products:

1) 3M Filtrete Micro Allergen Reduction Filters, 1000 MPR, 6-pack, ~$70.49
2) Nordic Pure AC Furnace Air Filters MERV 12, Box of 6, $50.33

In order to compare these products, I collected the following info for myself and for others that read my reviews:

MERV stands for Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value. It is a number from a test method designed by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE). The number is intended to help people compare filters. Generally speaking, a higher MERV rating indicates better filter performance. Filters with a merv rating of 9 to 12 are used in commercial and industrial applications and will stop particles in the 1 to 3 micron range. These filters are a great choice for home owners who want the best dust control possible.

1000 MPR is equivalent to MERV 11. 1000 MPR Performance Rating captures:
1) Airborne micro particles, including smoke.
2) Airborne allergens, including pollen, pet dander, mold and bacteria.
3) Large particles like dust and lint.

MERV 12 is a better rating than 1000 MPR. It captures:
5) Rigid Cell Filters,
6) Face Powder,
7) Paint Pigments,
8) Insecticide Dust

Pleated Air Filters Are Among The Top Performers In The Heating, Ventilation And Air Conditioning industry. Electrostatic furnace filters are becoming very popular with home owners who want to achieve better air quality in their homes. These air filters are designed to replace any type of panel filter or frame type air filter you currently use in your heating and air conditioning equipment.

Nordic Pure manufactures pleated air filters with MERV 12 and MERV 13 ratings which means it is over 97 percent efficient. This is a very high rating for pleated filters. They are able to attain this very high rating by incorporating electrostatic characteristics in the pleated design. Another factor that makes their filters appealing is they don't support the growth of bacteria, fungi or mold and they capture 97.8% of the microscopic airborne dust, pollen, allergens, mold spores, pet dander, bacteria and particulates carrying bacteria and viruses in the air.

On top of that, if you compare the prices, Nordic Pure is a winner. Filtrete is eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping, but Nordic Pure is free shipping! I can't find another seller that is any better than Nordic Pure!

After installation I feel my indoor air is fresher, and air quality is better. Also seemed like the AC unit didn't have to run as long before it stopped. This is to compare my memory of the old and probably semi-clogged filters.

I am happy with Nordic Pure product. No regret. I am planning to replace it every 6 months.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2014
Good price, good filter, speedy delivery. I've been using these for years. My A/C service company recommends using the red filter as the best balance between filtering and back pressure for my system.
No complaints.