Questions & Answers
Final Cut Express 4 - Old Version
by Apple
4.2 out of 5 stars (101)
Used & New from: $49.38
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 questions
votes
I have the latest Mac Book Pro - retina display included- with the latest system to date. I received the software today, and I installed it in my Mac Pro. The system identified it with easy, and also accomplished the installation the same way. It will tell you that it will check if the software is acceptable for your computer system, but don't worry, because, at least in my case, the computer was capable of doing the installation successfully. I opened up or ran the program after the installation, just in case it could not be able to run. But it was displayed with easy, and although I did not use it, it looks like it is able to function, because it showed a window asking me about which kind of video or video system I was about to use, I accepted the one selected by default, just looking what will happen, and it told me it did not detected a fire wire, and asked me if it should continue, opening its main window; I approved continuing running the program, and it opened its main window. The User Manual should be duplicated and saved, some where in your Mac. It is on the file that has all the files of the installation package. I can not asure you the program will work to the perfection inside your Mac, because I haven't gone so far using it, but at least you have part of your question answered - it can be installed in your Mac Book Pro, and somehow it runs. My Mac Book Pro computer is using actually OS X Version 10.9.1
Feb 8, 2014 by El Secretario de la Luna
votes
It's because Apple rarely offers discounts. Think about it...Apple's Itunes charges "hit songs" for $1.29 instead of $.99 or $1.00 like Amazon and almost any other online store. Also, the only time Apple has a sale from my knowledge is black friday. And for how much? Like 10% ($1,199 macbook pro is discounted by $110 cheaper on black friday). The only other time Apple gives something back to their customers is their offers when you buy things like a computer (ex: we will throw in a free ipod touch or give you $50 off if you're a student)...big deal when you are paying that kind of money. Apple products are almost always cheaper online through other sites. Don't get me wrong, I love Apple's products but I don't love how they manage their sales. I realize you can debate about you are paying for what you get, but I disagree how apple never offers discounts when other company's do.
Dec 13, 2010 by Mike S.
votes
Yes it does but to be honest I was planning on getting a new mac so I'm probably going to take it off my selling list when I get home, sorry for any inconvenience
4 days ago by David Germain
votes
This is stand alone software to edit video. You can make movies with it. You cannot burn dvds with it.
Aug 7, 2014 by Ohio Reader
votes
I put it on a Mac book Pro built around 2008. Should be some specs on the Internet.
Apr 16, 2014 by Perry R. Obray
votes
You should be able to do so but it would be unnecessarily complicated. I'm certain there are better softwares for such thing, AfterEffects would be a better option but also complicated for something simple. Whatever built-in software that comes with OSX these days is likely your best best. Would not recommend FCX/FCP for just a slideshow.
Feb 10, 2014 by M. Doll
votes
Yes, but this software is not very easy to use. The instruction manual is over 1,300 pages long -- no kidding. It doesn't really live up to the Apple promise in their TV spots of making tasks like this intuitive and easy. Steep learning curve but you can make DVDs that will play on your player.
Oct 28, 2013 by AddedC
votes
Adobe After Effects is a program that was developed for all kinds of 2D and 3D compositions and effects. It is very powerful, and FCE can't do what it does. You are supposed to develop your compositions in AE and export them to FCE. FCE does a great job of putting things together and generating the final output.
Sep 18, 2010 by Marcos
votes
You could try Adobe Premiere Elements. The newest version does just about everything FCE does and more.
Aug 3, 2013 by Rick D.
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers