5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
After purchasing and finishing the first book in this series on its own, I went for the season pack instead of buying the episodes individually. Together (including the "double" purchase of the first book) I saved $2.96 ([1.99*4 + .99] - 5.99) which isn't a lot, but it is appreciated.

From the publishing dates it looks like the series was written over a few...
Published on November 1, 2012 by Jon Hotaling

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting story line
The biggest problem is being able to track the various story lines, as they jump about a bit within themselves.
That being said, it was an enjoyable read and moved fairly quickly.
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, November 1, 2012
This review is from: Final Dawn: Season 1 (The Thrilling Post-Apocalyptic Series) (Kindle Edition)

From the publishing dates it looks like the series was written over a few month span, and you can definitely see the improvements in writing over the books. Books 3, 4 and 5 are especially powerful, particularly since they introduce the flashbacks that start to reveal more about the backstory of the disaster.

The final book in the first "season" resolves the issues and questions that you'll have from the previous books and leaves you on a cliffhanger of "what do we do now?" The introduction of foreigners other than just the Americans adds to the complexity and the way it is set up is not completely out of the realm of possibility, either. I did occasionally find myself dubious about the use of certain types of technology or hand-waving, but the book is set in 2038, which is both a short and long enough time in the future that much of what the book describes certainly could have occurred.

I'd like to see more of the politics of the time gone into in greater depth as was alluded to during one of the sequences set in Washington, mostly due to the description of the White House. Hopefully this ties in with the mysterious "Mr. Doe" character. Speaking of "Mr. Doe" I was impressed at what was done with this character. While he seemed to start off as very one-dimensional and acted as a throwaway traditional "bad guy", by the end of book 5 it was clear there was a lot of backstory and depth to him as was revealed in the flashbacks. An attack by multiple enemies is excellent to see.

In summary, I enjoyed Final Dawn and will continue reading future episodes, most likely as they are released since I don't have the patience to wait for a collection to come out each time. If you've purchased book one I strongly recommend getting season one afterwards simply for the cost savings. According to the author's facebook page a paperback is being released as well, and while I probably won't purchase one since I prefer my Kindle, it's good to see an independent author going to both Kindle and paperback.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save your $ buy the bundled set, November 11, 2012
Trust me it's really worth it. Very well told. Adventure/sci-fi/survivalist theme is accessible to even the novice. Well told and compelling. You can really get into the storyline and characters. Can't wait till next season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Season 2 can't come fast enough, November 20, 2012
If post-apocalyptic fiction is your game, Final Dawn will make you happy. A combination of good writing, an intriguing and unique story, non-stop action and a full cast of varied characters makes this an excellent book. I've settled on Rachel as my favorite at long last, only after I finished the book, simply because of her relentless drive. None of the characters overpower each other, though, and their individual talents seem to be well suited to their tasks and the situations they find themselves in aren't outlandish, either.

Mike's writing style is similar to the famous authors in this genre and if he keeps developing his craft, he should go a long way. The only complaint is that I don't want to wait a month for the start of Season 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good series, November 5, 2012
Unique take on the post-apocalypse story. I will admit that I didn't anticipate the 'twist' in the last chapter. I like the setup for the next books and will continue following along.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, November 8, 2012
Great fast reading did not want it to end looking forward to more love the main characters
Great work keep it going!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Done!, November 25, 2012
WOW! What a fantastic ending to season 1. Very satisfying explanation of everything with plenty still left to come. I can't wait till January. Write faster please!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked and loving it., November 10, 2012
Randbubba (TROUTDALE, OR, US) - See all my reviews
It's been a long time since I have truly enjoyed reading a book more. I stumbled across your final dawn on amazon when my daily deal offered the first episode for .99 cents I read the frost couple pages ad knew I had found an awesome series. I immediately went and bought all the rest. I can't wait till jan fir the next episode. Please enjoy Tim with your family but PLEASE can you get the next episode out quick. I am dying to see what happens next.

Hooked and loving it..

Randy

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic ending, need a hardback, November 2, 2012
-1 star for not having a hardback of this! Please get one out a.s.a.p. ep5 wraps up the story very well and makes connections all the way back to the beginning of the series. Great to see everything in one place finally. When does season 2 start though?

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, April 28, 2013
This was an enjoyable read. I noticed as the book progressed the author's presentation was significantly improved as well. I am patiently waiting for Season 2 in a packet as Season 1 was. I am not a fan of short stories, so the entire season at once is much better than reading several short books. I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys this type of story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting story line, January 10, 2013
That being said, it was an enjoyable read and moved fairly quickly.