Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on July 3, 2012
This is an absolute MUST for anyone who wants to write screenplays or for TV. It formats everything for you so all you have to do is add words. After a while, you start to learn the formatting yourself. It's a natural teacher. I learned screenwriting format through this program - and it's amazing when I see other aspiring screenwriters who don't know the proper way to use CONT'D or (V.O.). Even if I used a standard word processing program, I could still use the proper screenwriting format because I learned from Final Draft.
on December 1, 2012
Not much, if anything, has changed from the previous five versions. No uniquely new features. I've used this product for years and decided to "upgrade." If you have Final Draft from a previous version there is absolutely NO reason to purchase a newer or upgraded version. I wish Final Draft could have put just a few production tools i.e.. Budgeting, Scheduling, Release Forms, etc., Nothing major just an overhaul. What it's designed to do it does best however, which is to format scripts. My biggest gripe however is that the individual software itself is not cross platform. I use both Macs and PCs. There is no reason, being that it's essentially word editing software and not 3d motion graphics software, that Final Draft is not cross platform. Further, there is no reason to get excited about this software being the next version will, in all likelihood be the same thing with a new version number assigned to it.
on May 29, 2013
I've been using Final Draft for the past 8 years so I have nothing else to compare it to, but personally I love the program. I've had several different versions and never had any issues. I bought this version about a month ago, and so far I find it easy to use and dependable.
on March 22, 2013
I was advised that this software was essential for attempting to write a screenplay. It is ALL THAT and More! It makes the process Much easier, and frees up your mind to concentrate on the content. ,The format is important, but you don't want to be tied to it. Final Draft takes format out of the equation and even helps in the re-write process. A word of caution, don't purchase the Educational version unless you are a full-time student. All in all, it's well worth the $$
on January 2, 2013
The copy I bought was version 8.0.1. You need 8.0.3 to run on Mac OS Lion. (This much you can read in their free "support knowledge base".) The Final Draft website would not let me register using the "customer code" that their 3-rd party company identit-e.com provided me with. You need to register to download version 8.0.3. The Final Draft technical support apparently has a new policy to demand a credit card number and payment before you speak to a representative. (On principle, I refused to pay that.) I say "apparently" because I also called before Xmas and did speak to their technical support team for free. (At the time, they said I should call identit-e.com because it was their fault.) After they returned from their Xmas and New Years break, this new payment policy was in effect. I called support at identit-e.com, as Final Draft recommended. The support people at identit-e.com could not help. They said their customer number was correct and it was an issue with the Final Draft website. However, they did resend me (at least 5 times:-) the same "customer code".

The Final Draft company has very poor support. I cannot recommend this product.

Added (2013-02-08): This was purchased through the Writers Store. I just want to add that their customer service was excellent, professional, and very helpful. I returned the product and received a full refund.
on June 8, 2012
If you thought V.7 was buggy you ain't seen nothing yet....

Be prepared to not be able to save your files in the new .fdx format in any way one would think is logical if it came from a previous .fdr format. Then in turn not being allowed to save the new .fdx file into an external hard drive or folder. Instead you will be forced to pile them all onto my desktop while working for any actual saving to occur...hoping Final Draft won't completely shut down for some unknown reason.

Do yourself a favor and try to dig up a Version 7....at least it was consistently functional. The only thing consistent about V.8 is that it consistently sucks.
on October 31, 2013
This is wonderful software to have for screenplay writers. The shipping was swift, the price was right. Thanks for the easy transaction.
on December 23, 2013
I have used this product at school and now being able to use it at home is great! A must have!
on May 10, 2014
My Grandchild has already wrote one Story in the form of Script. and is in the process of writing another one.

Aloha! Thank you!
on June 12, 2014
This product helped me with outlining my ideas from beginning to end. It was a great purchase at a great price.