Customer Discussions > Final Fantasy X forum

Final Fantasy X

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 15, 2008 7:15:07 AM PST
I just recently started playing Final Fantasy X and I'm almost done with the game. I love this game and I'm very sad that it's going to end soon. This is my first real Final Fantasty Gaming experience, so i was wondering if you guys could help me out. Are there any other RPG games that are just as good or come close to as good as Final Fantasy X? If so, can you make some suggestions? I'd appreciate it guys! Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2008 5:01:55 PM PST
I would recommend trying Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX (both are for PS1). They have great storylines and lovable characters, and if you enjoyed Final Fantasy X, you would like enjoy them as well. Bear in mind, as they are PS1, there is no voice acting, but the music on Final Fantasy IX especially is phenomenal. Another one you may enjoy if you've never played it is Chrono Trigger, which was originally for SNES but released on PS1 a while back, and just released on the Nintendo DS this month. I have played both the SNES and PS1 versions, but I have yet to play the DS version. It is a great game with a wonderful storyline. It has a sequel called Chrono Cross that you may enjoy as well and in my opinion, it has just as good a story line, but the battle system is pretty confusing to begin with. Hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2008 7:17:24 AM PST
Thank you very much for the advice! I appreciate it!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2008 8:51:12 AM PST
Glad I could be of service! =)

~Julia

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2009 9:36:18 AM PST
T. Graf says:
Well I'm sure you are probably playing Final Fantasy X-2 by now, which is what I would suggest if you like the first one. Different style of game play but stays in the same world.

Posted on Apr 8, 2009 8:43:35 AM PDT
ActionFreak says:
Personally I felt that final fantasy x was much more similar to final fantasy viii when it came to character development and storyline. Their worlds were slightly different, and their strength and leveling systems are different, but the games are very similar.

Posted on Sep 2, 2009 8:01:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 2, 2009 8:04:03 AM PDT
FF X was personally my favorite video game of all time. If you haven't played X-2 yet do so. It's not as good but it's worth it. I'd give the Kingdom Hearts series a shot as well. Not sure what your tolerance is for disney characters but all in all they are some great games. If you are looking for something with great graphics then FFXII might be up your alley. I personally hated the game b/c of the annoying characters and the lack of a story but if you are the type that just wants good gameplay and something pretty to look at it might be worth it. I've also heard great things of the Xenogears/Xenosaga series as well as the first 4 games in the Suikoden series. I haven't gotten around to playing them but they are some cult classics. Also Star Ocean:Till the end of time was a pretty awesome game. You don't have to play the prior Star Oceans to understand what is going on.

You are basically doing what I did. IMO you started at the top and no matter what you play, it's not going to match up. I agree with Baker though. FFIX and VII are great games and the best FF's other than X in that order. Both are definitely worth a shot. I personally like IX better than VII but most people are the opposite. I think though you will find that X has more in common with IX as far as story and characters. After you have played FFVII, I would consider giving FFVII Dirge of Cerberus a shot. It's not a classic RPG, it's more of a FPS thrown into a slight RPG realm. It's definitely worth a playthrough.

In summary, IMO you won't find anything as good as FFX, but I would give the following games a shot.

FF X-2
FF IX
FF VII
FF VII Dirge of Cerberus
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 (In that order, don't skip 1)
FF VI
Star Ocean: Till the end of time
Xenogears/Xenosaga
Suikoden 1-3 maybe 4

Hope that helped

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 10:44:40 AM PDT
N. Ohmer says:
I would take a look at Persona 3 and the Shadow Hearts series. They're not the same as FFX (which is my personal favorite); Shadow Hearts is much darker, and a little gross at times; Persona is just awesome, it's anime on the ps2 that you get to play a long with. It's great, give it a shot.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Final Fantasy X forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 15, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 19, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X by Square Enix (PlayStation2)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (1,750)