Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia, Rise Of The...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 83% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia, Rise Of The Zilart, Treasures of Aht Urhgan - Xbox 360
|Price:||$43.35 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- The first cross-platform massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) which allows gamers to connect to the same gaming world-whether they are playing on Playstation 2, PC or XBOX 360
- Live in a persistent world with time and climate changes that range from full day/night cycles to desert sandstorms, thunderstorms, fog, and snow
- Form parties by utilizing various integrated communication tools, including easy-to-use Playonline Chat and Playonline Mail
- Explore over 100 areas, from forests and ice plains to castles and dungeons
- Customize characters with a host of physical traits and jobs -- gain the ability to equip and switch support jobs at any time
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
Therefore, if you buy a copy that has had its codes used, you will spend 5 hours loading the game and then come to find that you bought the instruction book. The game's codes will not work and you will be unable to play tha game. The people selling used copies should know this, it says it all over the box and book and it is dishonest to sell such an item used.
I love this game and the world of Vanadiel, so it is hard for me to be honest about its faults; faults that have even induced me to take several month breaks from the game. First, you lose experience when you die, and can even level down, which has more than once made me throw my controller with considerable force. Second, after you reach certain levels, lower level monsters now grant you no expereince points, forcing you to fight harder and harder monster and nearly requiring a party to do so. 3) The path for the story often moves along steadily and then suddenly throws a nigh impossible battle in your path forcing you to turn aside for weeks to level up enough (or recruit enough friends) to get by.
If you stand to face some extremely frustrating moments you will engage in one of the greatest MMORPGs ever. The art style, the weapons/armor, the story, and the people who play this game rock. It is an experience I am glad I became a part of.
After watching one of my friends play for two hours straight in a large party of characters defeating one of the "bosses", I thought it may be something I'd enjoy to consume time or maybe just get into.
The reason I bought this game is due to my interest in FF since the games were first introduced on Nintendo - loved them! To me, being a part of the world I had been so interested in years ago seemed pretty cool. After purchasing this game I liked it so much that I went out and purchased the PC version so I can play on a laptop when I'm away from home.
If you are thinking about buying this game, please let me provide you with simple advice:
1. This is NOT a "hack-n-slash" game where your only objective is to kill monsters. There are skill progressions, sub jobs, advanced jobs, crafts and plenty of missions and quests to keep you busy for a LONG LONG time.
2. Yes, there are online fees for FFXI. It's on the back of the box stated clearly. Do you HAVE to get an XBox Live Gold account? NO! Silver members also get to play but only have to pay the fee for the FFXI server.
3. So what's the complaint about $13.00/month to get updates, play with thousands of other people and have great support from Sqare Enix (who also deals with cheaters) and be able to play with an XBox Live Silver account? You'll hear none from me!
3. The graphics aren't superb like the newer game titles, but it was released in 2003! What do you guys expect?Read more ›
It will subsitute your life /expressly/ for the reason that it basically forces you to spend 8 hours a day on the "grind". Yep, 8 hours will get you your first five levels in a day, but after that...well, hope you have a cushion to sit on, otherwise your bum will be raw. Also be prepared to wait on /other/ peoples' daily schedules (to be specific, 5 others' time) since you have to gather and organize a party to do anything.
I say this because it's true. It's like working a full-time job.
Oh, but the graphics are good, cutscenes are cool, and the people are nice...
1) Each box of the game have a password therefore you cannot resell or len it (if used).
2) It's online ONLY. You need an broadband internet connection.
3) You have to pay a monthly fee ($12 ~ $20).
4) A 20 GB hard drive will fall short in the meantime.
5) You need an USA credit card with local address.
6) Install it overnight (while you sleep) because it takes a long time to download the updates and patches.
7) Not for casual gamers. It will take several hours a day. It's like a job. If you have a life of your own you won't enjoy this game.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
There should have been an online only in the description of this gamePublished 14 months ago by Richard
Never buy this game used. There is a key code that must be entered to play this game and the code (if provided) has been used already. It will be a waste of time. Buy it new.Published 20 months ago by Steve Ackley
Bought the game to play with a friend and didn't seem to stay on long enough to get the full effect. Just isn't as fun playing by yourself.Published on March 27, 2013 by Terrence Julien
I was not aware that you needed a "special key code" to play this game. You can only get this code when you purchase a BRAND NEW copy. Read morePublished on March 21, 2013 by JH
Shipped fast! Sealed packaging. Very satisfied.
This expansion included access to Abyssea which you'll need for 35-99 levels. Read more
Great game, even on the Xbox 360. Support kinda sucks though, but if you have a computer handy, you wont have any issues with the support issues.Published on February 21, 2013 by SgtKaveman
I picked this copy up for my girlfriend. Buying it used in good condition is going to be one of your best bets. You will need to pick up a registration code. Read morePublished on October 8, 2012 by Luci
All I can say is its a great game,I've been playing it for 6yrs. And I love it.Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia, Rise Of The Zilart, Treasures of Aht UrhganPublished on September 23, 2012 by superboy