Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Baby Sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 11, 2012 12:58:27 AM PDT
Phenom says:
With days before the release, anyone certain they want it? Anyone skeptical?

Posted on May 11, 2012 2:25:33 PM PDT
Chuck T says:
skeptical enough to cancel my preorder to wait and see some reviews.

Posted on May 11, 2012 3:09:04 PM PDT
J. Bakker says:
I'm pretty excited for it. I have the version with the art book coming

Posted on May 11, 2012 5:02:45 PM PDT
Phenom says:
I'm still on the fence myself though the gameplay video did put me a little at ease

Posted on May 14, 2012 7:42:46 AM PDT
I am going along with my order and looking forward to playing it.

Posted on May 14, 2012 10:03:27 AM PDT
M. Peralta says:
any reviews? i´m sort of skeptical.

Posted on May 14, 2012 10:47:52 AM PDT
I haven't seen any reviews yet. I preordered 3 months ago and haven't been tempted to cancel, mainly because I love this particular world and rpgs. And the gameplay videos I've seen look good.

Posted on May 14, 2012 3:11:46 PM PDT
Phenom says:
They do look good but not much was said about taking on side quests or just adventuring. The game seems kinda linear, which is killing my appeal for it

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 8:07:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 9:28:15 AM PDT
fredw138 says:
IGN gave it a 4/10. They said the story was really good, but knocked the gameplay, bugs and graphics.

I'm still looking forward to playing it, the gameplay videos looked appealing. I like turn/stat based combat in western RPGs, and I'm not as nit-picky about bugs as a lot of video game reviewers are, as long as they aren't game-breaking.

Posted on May 15, 2012 10:46:13 AM PDT
They mentioned about "bugs" yet didn't say how exactly it affect the game. I've got my copy earlier today from Amazon and the Art Book looks FANTASTIC! I am glad I pre-ordered the item. Can't wait to go home and play the game.

Posted on May 15, 2012 11:30:14 AM PDT
Sheex says:
Remember: reviews are opinions, take 'em or leave 'em. I pre-ordered this game, and now I'm a little worried about the game, but that art book will take the sting off, and I'd imagine that the game will not be so bad as the ign review claims once you push past your expectations. Here's hoping I'm right about that :: Crosses fingers ::

Posted on May 15, 2012 6:50:56 PM PDT
David says:
There's also a review on RPGFan. They gave it a 75% . It sounds like it has quite a few bugs that detract from the gameplay. Hopefully that will get corrected in a patch. Part of me wants to get it, but I'd rather have it on my PC and the PC version doesn't include the art book.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 9:06:06 PM PDT
Well that's a relief, more encouraging than IGN's score. I already paid for it so who cares, I'm not in the states so it'll take some time before I actually get it.

After seeing IGN's review I thought about keeping the book and selling the game but after this review where it says fans of the GoT world will like it and it also says the last few hours and ending are quite good (IGN said the same) I think it's a keeper. I also bought the physical game guide cause it was thirteen bucks while the digital one was twenty (now fifteen) so I might as well finish it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  May 11, 2012
Latest post:  May 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about