Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Finale (Hush, Hush) Hardcover – October 23, 2012
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Discover what to read next through the Amazon Book Review. Learn more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I literally just finished reading Finale. My emotions are all over the place right now (if that's any indication of how engaging this book was), so allow me to just have a moment here: OHMYGODICAN'TBELIEVEALLTHESEFEELINGS!!!
Okay, continuing. As you can gather from the title, I do not regret buying the final book for a split second. Of course, I was so emotionally invested in the characters already from book one. You're also probably wondering why I gave it four stars rather than the full five if I was so crazy about it, and the answer is that I had expectations. My expectations were actually quite specific (I'll get to that), so it wasn't just a general thing that I could turn a blind eye to. I had an idea in my head that I was expecting throughout the whole story line.
I was glad that, even more than she already was in the beginning, Nora had a sense of quick wit and independence. She wasn't a pathetic little teenager squealing every time her ridiculously gorgeous boyfriend looked at her. She took almost everything into her own hands.
The story line was very quick, complex and had me engrossed through out. It had my brain working wondering what was going to happen next or how something was going to play out.
As far as I recall at the moment, Becca Fitzpatrick did an excellent job, of not leaving many loose ends untied *within this book alone*- which was pretty hard, I imagine, considering this was the final book so it all had to be closed (see more on cons)
It wasn't any easy read. The story wasn't your typical happily ever after. I, personally, sobbed about three times throughout. Yeah...Read more ›
BECCA FITZPATRICK! WHY??
This book suffers the exact same "unnecessary fourth book syndrome" as Breaking Dawn, in all the wrong ways.
I enjoyed the first three books of this series. They weren't the best written stories ever, but I got attached to Nora and Patch and Vee and Scott. Then came Finale. As a side note, this book also might earn the "Worst Title Ever" award.
Reasons why this book sucked:
(SPOILER ALERT FRIENDS)
1) Nora gets everything she ever wanted. The same thing happened in Breaking Dawn where Bella basically gets it all, no matter how impossible it should have been. See rest of this list for details.
2) Vee has been Nephilim this whole time, she just didn't know it. What? Seriously? This is so beyond stupid and completely ruined Vee's character.
3) Patch gets to "feel" forever. Apparently Detective Basso was an archangel in disguise! Because Patch has been such an awesome fallen angel, he lets him stay immortal AND he gets to "feel" now! WOO. Sorry, but this is dumb.
4) Patch turns against his own people. He and Nora talk another angel into gathering every fallen angel feather so that every single fallen angel will be chained in hell forever and ever. He does this because he is so in loooove with Nora that he will destroy the lives of all of his friends. Apparently he is the only "good" fallen angel out there.
5) Dabria and Patch and cheating allegations. Again. Nora, being the immature and overly jealous teenage girl that she is, thinks Patch might be cheating on her. Again. Haven't we been through this before?
6) An immature teenage girl is the leader of an army of Nephilim.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was such a great ending. Loved the twists and turns! I couldn't believe the way things played out in this novel!Published 29 days ago by Magie
I read this book and all the books after and I can honestly say I loved this series. It is one I will never get tired of reading!Published 1 month ago by Vanessa Griffin
All in all a interesting series. Wished for more connection with the characters but it was worth the time to readPublished 1 month ago by Jodi Kurpiel
I really liked this story as a whole. It was different and refreshing than other stories on the market. My only problem was the ending. Read morePublished 2 months ago by KN Faulk
I loved this book! Of the whole series, I think this one was my favorite. I felt like I got to know the characters more, and for the first real time throughout the series, I felt... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Rachelle