5.0 out of 5 stars very satisfied
i've been a big sean fan for a long time & i think he did a good job on this. the people saying it didn't meet their expectations... what were you expecting? it was his debut ALBUM, which means it is mostly meant to showcase his style to people who don't keep up on mixtapes & internet released singles; for people who are probably going to be hearing him for the very first...
Published on July 8, 2011 by hurricanejenna

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, But Consistant
I'm neither a huge fan or hater of Big Sean, so I was skeptical when I listened to this; but, considering he is signed to G.O.O.D. music, I thought I'd check him out. Big Sean has been compared to the likes of Drake & Cudi for his sound and flow. This album is solid all the way through, with a couple of great songs and then some decent to good songs. Considering the...
Published on July 3, 2011 by Justin

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Album, May 15, 2013
This review is from: Finally Famous [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
I love Big Sean's mixtapes and since I had a gift card I had no choice but to purchase his new album Finally Famous. He did not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Debut Album, February 22, 2013
Anthony Vu (Pleasanton, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This reminded me of Kanye's first album. There aren't any bad tracks. I could see myself listening to this album for a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought this because of the production, January 24, 2013
Although I thought Big Sean did an amazing job on the GOOD Music album, I bought this album mainly for the producers involved. I am a die hard Kanye fan and will purchase anything he works on, so I did and I was not disappointed. The album as a whole is only above average but there are some fantastic tracks that are easily worth 5 stars, namely "Don't Tell Me You Love Me." Sean has some great talent as a lyricist and, like 'Ye, does a great job of making you laugh. The album doesn't tie together into an overall theme very well but does make the attempt. Long story short it is absolutely worth $10.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Debut Effort From a Promising Young MC, July 1, 2011
This review is from: Finally Famous (Audio CD)
Big Sean's debut effort Finally Famous ends up being one of the pleasant surprises in the rap world in 2011. Executive produced by Kanye West with most of the tracks produced by standout hip-hop producer NO ID, Finally Famous is a fine entrance into the music industry for the twenty-three year old MC. A mix between midwest rap, mainstream, and the "stream of consciousness" rap that characterizes Drake and KiD CuDi, Big Sean has great potential in the crowded rap market. If anything, promo single "My Last," featuring Chris Brown should have been evidence enough of this.

An intro opens the album with some notable fanfare, featuring light-sounding production work courtesy of acoustic piano patch and strings; a `warm, fuzzy' feeling is the effect, something that seems contradictory to rap. Sean establishes himself through his agile rhymes on the intro, which segues into a completely opposite sounding NO ID helmed cut, "I Do It." "I Do It" finds the MC masterfully playing with words and establishing a rousing swagger about himself. His most clever rhyme might be rhyming "cranium" with "titanium" - though the context is questionable! "I Do It" precedes the exceptional collaborative effort "My Last" with Chris Brown, who is perfectly suited to sing the hook. The cut is simple in scope; it is an ode to partying and having fun as if it is the last time to do so. NO ID handles production work once more and allows the artists to yield some grand results. The chorus is incredibly catchy by Breezy: "And I'ma hit this drink up like it's my last/I'ma hit this night up like it's my last... Swear I'ma do it like I never had it all, all, all..." Big Sean certainly does not allow Brown all the spotlight as he has some great `one-liners' and his rhymes are well conceived.

"Don't Tell Me You Love Me" is another fine cut, finding Big Sean sounding incredibly `Drake-like' here, particularly on the lengthy, though sound hook ("... `Cause right when I tell you it's over, I be right back in bed witchu... so don't tell me you love me..."). "Wait For Me" proceeds, featuring Lupe Fiasco, who provides a solid, intellectual rhyme as always. "Wait For Me" brilliantly samples Wilson Pickett and adds an addictive ostinato piano line to the mix. "Marvin & Chardonnay," featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash eclipses both "Don't Tell Me You Love Me" and "Wait For Me," finding the production falling into the hands of Pop Wansel. The production is superb, Sean is on fire, and West even quotes his own "Amazing" from 808s & Heartbreak. What else could you ask for?

"Dance (A$$)" provides the slinky, club-cut of the album, finding Big Sean lacing an assortment of sexual references over Da Internz skeletal, minimalist production. Overt it may be, "Dance" is one of the best moments of Finally Famous. "Get It (DT)" is a solid Neptunes production, even featuring Pharrell adding a typically "Pharrell" hook to the cut. "Memories (Part II)" is a show stealer, bringing NO ID back to the producer's seat and adding a soulful John Legend to the cut. Legend sings beautifully (he also is credited as a songwriter) on the smart chorus: "Let's reminisce on the good times and the bad/ Reflect on everything we missed cause you know we'll never get it back..." As always, Big Sean sounds very credible and worthy as an MC.

"High," featuring Wiz Khalifa and Chiddy Bang is another solid moment, keeping Finally Famous consistent in a lack of filler. "Live This Life," featuring The-Dream is enjoyable as well, with The-Dream's smooth tenor proving to be the perfect match for Big Sean's rhymes. Closing cut "So Much More" samples Roger and the Human Body's "Been This Way Before" with great results. Numerous one-liners characterize the closer cut, maybe most memorable being "They having a kissing fight and I'm Don King/Everybody know I'm coming soon like LeBron's ring..."

Overall, Finally Famous is a well rounded debut from a promising young MC. There is little to quibble about as Big Sean and his overseers (Kanye West and NO ID, most notably) have released and album that lacks filler and focuses on making consistent, notable cuts. It is by no means the second coming, but it is solid, enjoyable, and consistent by all means.

5.0 out of 5 stars didnt dissapoint, April 1, 2012
This review is from: Finally Famous (Audio CD)
i love big Sean and his lyrics and flow. he is going places with his music. very good glad i got it

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, Fun Album., November 12, 2011
This review is from: Finally Famous (Audio CD)
This was a real nice album to listen to and it was great to see a young rapper stick to his roots and make such a fun album. Big sean achieved that. My favorite songs are Don't Tell me you love me and Memories II.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, November 1, 2011
A. Amor (Farmington Hills, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finally Famous (Audio CD)
Great debut album, I am looking forward to seeing what he has next in store. Finally Detroit has a new suparstar!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD Music, August 24, 2011
This review is from: Finally Famous [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
Ive been following Big Sean for about a year now. With his MixTape Finally Famous 3 and some other tracks here and there. I was looking forward to this album, and at first i wasnt too happy about what he came to give. But surprisingly enough i find myself returning to this album in my music player repeatedly haha. Im not sure what it is but its just sticks wit you. I can honestly listen to the album from beginning to end every time.
Good stuff Big Sean, very nice

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Debut: Worth Adding to the Collection, July 25, 2011
This review is from: Finally Famous [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
I was pleasantly surprised by this album. I think Big Sean will be around and big player in the Rap game in the near future. I bought both this and Wiz Khalifa's Rolling Papers and have really liked both. However, if I had to pick between one or the other, I give Big Sean the edge. This is a good album. Not the most lyrical rapper around, but solid flow coupled with high production value makes this very enjoyable. I had not really listened to much of his stuff before this CD. I figured as one of Kanye's proteges, it could not be bad. Big Sean does not disappoint. Solid Debut

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Sean is surely Famous, July 7, 2011
Big Sean's Debut album Finally Famous has been a project I've waited for, for a while. Being a fan over the course of his solid mixtapes his album is very worth the purchase. The production from legend NO-I.D. is great. His lyrics are much tighter and the overall appeal of the album gives it alot of replay value. Most noteable songs would be Memories part 2, a revamped verison with John Legend from his mixtape Finally Famous vol. 3. Marvin & Chardonnay the only song featuring Kanye West is another song worth listening to. Even the bonus songs are good, making the deluxe edition worth the buy. As Big Sean's frist album he captures everything needed to pull off a good project. Proving his potential to having a long lasting career.

Rate and Discover Movies