Finally a good Picasa app for Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 23, 2011 1:26:13 PM PST
I am sure I haven't been the only person trying to sync their picasa photo album with the Kindle Fire. I just wanted to get the word out that Picfolio is finally approved for the device. It is working great and it fits the bill perfectly for me. I will be giving this tablet to my grandma for xmas and I wanted her to be able to see the latest pictures of my son - our camera auto uploads all of the pictures to Picasa.

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 10:54:35 AM PST
emma1962 says:
I started looking at my issues with pictures on the Fire a few days back and landed on Picfolio. I had a gmail account already but I never really went in for uploading my stuff to the cloud so I hadn't really used Picasa. Since getting the Fire I've decided cloud storage is the wave of the future and at some point I would have to bite the bullet and do it so I started yesterday. I put up docs on Google docs and I just put a bunch of my photos up from various computers on Picasa and now that I've done it I'm relieved that I don't have to worry about backing up those items and then losing/scratching the cd/dvds etc or having a multiple terabyte portable drive drop dead. I still have a ton of docs and pics left in various places and I'm not 100% sure yet that google will end up being my go-to cloud service but at least it's a start. I'm using the Amazon cloud so far only for music I've purchased from them but I'm going to have to deal with my iTunes stuff sooner or later. I think that the switch-over will be a little tougher for my music than the my pics but again, I'm going to have to do it sooner or later.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2011 10:39:52 AM PST
Is Picfolio an app for the Fire that is easily gotten to? I feel like a bit of an idiot as I've been trying just about everything to get my photos onto the Fire without any luck. I've recently downloaded into Picasa so if this Picfolio is something I can use I will be so happy!

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 11:57:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2011 11:59:08 AM PST
emma1962 says:
I found it easiest to go to Picasa on either my desktop or laptop computer. I just used the web site but I think they also have a full desktop program available but I think that's more for editing photos which I wasn't looking to do at that time. I uploaded a ton of photos and easily put them into different albums. Then using the Picfolio on my Fire I can see all the photos I have on-line as thumbnails and the ones I want to see I click on and get them fullscreen (bigger than when I viewed them in Gallery). I can also be on my Fire and if I get a photo from facebook or in an email I download it then go to the Gallery and from there I have the choice to UPLOAD it to my Picasso account.

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 12:05:03 PM PST
emma1962 says:
Darned autocorrect kept changing every instance of "Picasa" to "Picasso"; every "on-line" to "nonlinear" and on top of all that the reply box doesn't resize as you type in more text and eventually you can't see the last few lines and even if you know there are errors in those lines you cannot get to them to correct! Most annoying thing about the Fire so far!!

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 8:07:20 PM PST
J says:
I thought I new how to work stuff like this but I can't seem to view any of my albums that I just uploaded on Picasa, I can only see the featured photos and the first profile photo I uploaded. I even added several more to the profile photo album and they don't show on my Kindle, what am I missing??

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 9:19:57 PM PST
emma1962 says:
I didn't remember doing anything else but I just checked the settings and it jogged my memory. First plug in your Fire using the ac power. Then on the Fire in Picasa or Picfolio I guess it's called, go to the menu and choose settings. Make sure AUTO DOWNLOAD is checked then choose DOWNLOAD STATUS then FORCE AUTO DOWNLOAD. It may take some time depending on how many photos you have. I think I started it and then went to bed and my thumbnails were all there the next morning. Good luck and let me know if it worked for you.

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 5:16:47 PM PST
J says:
Yes!! thank you so much, it worked perfectly!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2011 5:56:47 PM PST
emma1962 says:
Excellent. You're welcome. So glad I was able to help.

Posted on May 14, 2012 5:25:45 AM PDT
outeacher says:
I see the thumbnails and can click each one on and enlarge but then I cat slide to the next pic as I can on my smart phone. Can this b done? I want a full screen pic and then arrow or slide to next one.

Posted on May 14, 2012 6:14:05 AM PDT
emma1962 says:
I can open an album and then full screen the first pic and then I am able to swipe to get to the next pic. There is no arrow icon on the screen though...just the pic full screen but I can swipe right to left and it goes to the next picture and I can do that through a full albums worth of pics.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 8:29:28 PM PDT
Katie says:
I have the same problem as J. I can only see the featured photos and the first profile photo I uploaded. I tried to follow your directions, but don't see any Auto Download to check or download status or force auto download. I am apparently not going to the correct place on my Kindle Fire. Got any more suggestions? Kim B

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 9:45:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2013 7:44:41 AM PDT
emma1962 says:
Hi Katie. My instructions go all the way back to last December and the Picfolio app has been updated a bunch of times since so some of the menus look different. I'll write up the new steps for you in hopes it will help. I still LOVE this app for my photos so once you get it working I'm sure you'll love it too.

Plug the AC power adapter into your Fire because depending on how many pics you have it may take a while and you don't want to run out of juice before it finishes. Also do this step when you can let the Fire just sit because you don't want to interrupt the process once you get it going.

On the Fire open up Picfolio. Down on the bottom in the middle hit the button that brings up the settings and choose MORE. Then choose SETTINGS. Go down and choose ACCOUNT and put in your Picasa login and password and choose SIGN IN Once you get signed in it brings you back to the page with the photo albums (at least it did for me) So go back to the button in the middle on the bottom and then choose MORE again. Then choose SETTINGS. Right on this settings page, I have a choice labeled FORCE DOWNLOAD OR UPLOAD. Hit that button and I get a message "are you sure you want to download and upload now?" Choose YES and you should be on your way.

How long the process takes will depend on how many pics you have to bring down. I think I had to leave mine running overnight. Good luck and I hope that helps. Post back and let us know if you had success or if you need more help.

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 7:56:35 AM PDT
Since Picasa automatically loads any pictures on my computer, there are numerous entries of pictures in Picasa that are duplicate and triplicate. It is very tedious to delete the duplicates. Any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 8:50:55 AM PDT
emma1962 says:
No. Everything I have on Picasa I put there manually. If there was a step that allowed it to search your hard drive for everything I don't recall it but I would have said "no" to allowing it to do that. Sorry.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 4:03:54 AM PST
Google Play can access your iTunes stuff....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 12:19:46 PM PST
Blue Schist says:
Totally agree. What dim wit at Amazon think they know what we want to type. It took me whole hour to figure out how to enter my email address.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 12:29:49 PM PST
Blue Schist says:
Thanks for the info. Will this process download all your online album from Picasa to your Fire? I have thousands of pictures on Picasa Web Albums. This may take up lots of hard drive space. Is the Picfolio app allow me view pictures on the fly (like in my PC or Ipad).

Posted on Jun 18, 2014 9:42:11 AM PDT
How do you get the picasa program on the kindle hd?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2014 11:20:17 AM PDT
emma1962 says:
There's an app in the app store here on amazon. The app used to be called picfolio and I believe it was free. Now it looks like it's called pfolio and it costs a few dollars. Search the Amazon appstore.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Nov 23, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 18, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
pFolio for Picasa and Google+ Photos
pFolio for Picasa and Google+ Photos by Snapwood Apps
4.3 out of 5 stars   (147)