5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Reference

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible book
Published 20 months ago by Accounting mom

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Reference, November 1, 2009
This review is from: Financial Statement Analysis (Hardcover)
I bought this book twice: once for undergraduate and once for graduate studies - different versions, of course. I think I'll simply keep the latest version on my book shelf, as I seem to find the opportunity to refer to it quite frequently. It is well organized and contains a number of useful reference documents, such as annual reports, tables and a fairly complete index. All in all, it is a very useful text for business students at various levels of study.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't read all images and graphs. Don't buy Kindle Version, February 4, 2011
If you want to be able to read the pictures, graphs, charts and figures in this book, don't go with the kindle pc version. You will not be able to read them.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT book, February 11, 2009
This review is from: Financial Statement Analysis (Hardcover)
In my opinion, this is a great textbook (one of the best around). It's a very detailed book - that's why some argue that chapters are too long. Yet, I find it very informative and to the point. It links accounting to finance in an 'easy to understand' way, giving you valuable insights into both areas. I do recommend this textbook to any accounting/ finance major!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible book, April 19, 2013
This review is from: Financial Statement Analysis (Hardcover)
I purchased this textbook as was required for my financial analysis and reporting class. It is by far the worst textbook I have read in all of my accounting classes. The information is repetitive and really lacks enough examples to teach this information. Several answers to questions at the end of chapters have been challenged. In fact, this is such a terrible book that my professor is changing to a different book in future classes. I think that says it all.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a good book but I believe over priced, July 27, 2012
I believe USD138 is quite some price for an ebook regardless of the fame of the author. I had a copy of the paperback copy at our library and skimmed through it. It has a lot of useful information but then again USD 138 is a steep price. There are many other books that has the same information and context but sells for less than USD 3. For example; Financial Statement Analysis Made VERY Easy or this is also a great one I bumped into recently; How to Read, Analyze and Understand Financial Statements

2.0 out of 5 stars Information is not well communicated, December 28, 2013
There is something about the way the information is arranged and presented that makes it less easily digestible than I think it should be. It may be just the author's academic communication style.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, September 16, 2009
This review is from: Financial Statement Analysis (Hardcover)
The material covered in the book is pretty good. It explains accounting from an analyst perspective and provides useful information on how to correctly analyze FS. The only BIG problem are chapters. They are extremely long. You CAN'T have a quantitative book with 60-page chapters!! It is simply to hard to be able to focus and make it through the end of each chapter. I wish the book had twice as many chapters half in length.

3.0 out of 5 stars Find a Better Text Book., September 28, 2014
Needs Better Organization.
I purchased this book for class. Compare to the others, I found this text book lacking the organization and straight forward examples that the others have. The information is useful, but for the price I wish the professor selected another text book. Basically, the text book makes you work harder than the others. Explain the concepts and give examples. Detailing strands of information in other directions side tracks the student.

5.0 out of 5 stars Financial statement analysis, May 21, 2014
This review is from: Financial Statement Analysis (Hardcover)
This book has met my expectations for the class that I am currently taking and I satisfied on how fast I was able to get the book in my possession.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for price!!, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Financial Statement Analysis (Hardcover)
Book was in good condition and have had the information in it that we are using in class! I am glad I ordered it for my class as the ebook just is hard to flip back fast to a page!!!

Financial Statement Analysis
Financial Statement Analysis by K. R. Subramanyam (Hardcover - May 19, 2008)
$229.35