5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Resource for Observing the Night Sky
Published on January 13, 2009 by Stargazer

3.0 out of 5 stars Entry level work
This is a good starter book for learning the stars, but THE STARS by the same author is a much better book for someone that is beyond grammar school (is there still such a thing?). However you need to start somewhere and this is just a good a place as any.
Published on June 11, 2009 by Edmund J. Vallecorse

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Resource for Observing the Night Sky, January 13, 2009
This review is from: Find the Constellations (Paperback)
Now considered a classic, this is simply the best book ever written and illustrated for observing the night sky. H.A. Rey, who enriched the world with his Curious George books, was an avid amateur astronomer frustrated with the complexity of books on astronomy and stargazing. So, he wrote and illustrated this wonderful book to help excite and educate kids of all ages. I've used "Find the Constellations" to teach the constellations to my children, my grand children, more than 2,000 public school students, and countless scouts (boys and girls) for more than 30 years now. The illustrations are beautiful and easy to apply to real observing under the night sky; the writing is fun and entertaining; and, the stories are interesting and help us remember the key constellations. This book enchants as well as educates. Every school library, regardless of grade levels, should have this updated version. I highly encourage it for every home library as well. And, it is the best resource available for the Boy Scout Astronomy Merit Badge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids and adults!!, April 8, 2010
This review is from: Find the Constellations (Paperback)
Got into noticing the stars after visits to Hawaiian mountain top and Taos, NM, desert within a few weeks. Have read 4 books about astronomy the past 4 months and this is my favorite. Memorable illustrations and helps to provide a roadmap to the night sky so can then finesse as track down the fainter objects that fill the larger astronomy texts. This is the perfect gift, too, for any age!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stars and more, April 29, 2009
This review is from: Find the Constellations (Paperback)
This is a great book for the young and old alike. It is very easy to follow. My children and I enjoy this book very much. We have used it to find the constellations outside and we have learned quite a bit about the history of them as well. I love the sections of showing the constellations with the connecting lines and then without to be able to find them in the sky. This is a great gift giving idea. We just gave it to family members who do a lot of camping. Their kids cannot wait to find the stars in the sky. A must have for any family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for adults too, September 15, 2009
Charles Johnson (Escondido, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Find the Constellations (Paperback)
I've always wanted to be able to recognize the constellations, but never took the time to wander through complicated star charts. As an adult I have even less time than I did as a kid, but just reading through Rey's book a few times and sitting in the backyard a few minutes a night makes it easy.
Tiny little nuggets of information, like "the dipper is like a saddle!" make things so much easier to recognize.
I recomend this book for any adult (or kid) who's interested in learning the constellations, but doesn't necessarily want to recognize galaxies, or specific stars etc...

3.0 out of 5 stars Entry level work, June 11, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Second copy for me, March 27, 2013
I bought this for myself, and ended up buying it again after I gave my first copy to my nephew. Very good for all ages, and the way the stars are connected makes so much more sense, which makes it easier to find constellations when stargazing.

4.0 out of 5 stars H.A. Rey's Stars, September 28, 2010
This review is from: Find the Constellations (Paperback)
I purchased both Find the Constellations and The Stars for a friend's 5-year-old based on a planetarium lecture I attended given by graduate students. They still loved Rey's books and became astronomers because of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Find the Constellations, September 27, 2009
This review is from: Find the Constellations (Paperback)
I bought this book for my preschool grandchildren that I care for part time. I had purchased the National Audubon First Field Guide Shells book at a garage sale & they loved it. So I went online to find other books in the same or similar series. It is something that I can enjoy with them together.

5.0 out of 5 stars So simple but so good!!, July 31, 2014
This review is from: Find the Constellations (Paperback)
Oh my, wish I had this book long before I started star gazing. So simple but so good!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to teach children about the night sky., August 11, 2014
Sunnyside365 (Lagrange, GA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Find the Constellations (Paperback)
You don't have to know anything about stars or constellations to become totally engaged in this book! As a parent you can easily and I mean easily take it outside (with a flashlight) and show your children the way the stars and constellations come together. Like the little people of the front cover say. It is fun and it is like a game! You may not remember everything you learned from this book but you will definitely remember some of what is in this book. Many pictures show how the sky is laid out and then it's filled in with dot to dot images and shading that help you understand how the constellation got it's name.

Find the Constellations
Find the Constellations by H. A. Rey (Paperback - September 22, 2008)
$9.99 $8.90