5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL little book!!!!
Published on August 23, 2012 by s

3.0 out of 5 stars How to find the motivation to lose weight...
This book was good, however; I thought maybe there would be more ideas...it kind of felt like an advertisement for the various social media outlets that are out there.
Published 23 months ago by Meridian Mom

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL little book!!!!, August 23, 2012
This review is from: How to Find the Motivation to Lose Weight and Get Healthy (How to Lose 100 Pounds Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book so much! I am in the process of losing weight and I have to lose 83 lbs. I have ben able to lose 27 of those lbs to date. I do tend to do like the author said "you start off with a bang and then the urges come along and you are on your way eating what you fancy!" This is completly me and I am so thankful there are others like that besides me. Anyway, if you need to lose a lot of weight read her books I've not been disapointed yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars She's in my head, June 22, 2012
The author is in my head, I swear! I love the aha moment about it being in our heads and I know exactly what episode she's talking about because I felt that too. And I've shied away from bikes but her story makes me rethink this. I really love how she combines practical advice (not typical diet advice but something more real) with her story so we see how it can happen for us, too. And it's not so rigid that it sets me up for failure. Her advice for motivating myself through this journey is a perfect fit for me. Also, she wasn't perfect and she did it - so that takes a lot of pressure off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Motivated!, April 10, 2012
This book is a quick and interesting read filled with tons of valuable information. One of the most difficult parts of losing weight is to get the motivation and keep the motivation to achieve your goals.

How to Find the Motivation to Lose Wight and Get Healthy outlines in great detail ways to create a positive vision, create a new story, and get the support you need to stay motivated. I know this book will help anyone who is trying to lose a substantial amount of weight.

3.0 out of 5 stars How to find the motivation to lose weight..., February 3, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars How to find the motivation to lose weight and get healthy, February 3, 2013
Great guide for getting started when losing weight. I hope to be able to do as well as the author did using her recommendations.

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFULLY written & easy-to-read, December 29, 2012
Terri L. Wiklak (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
There were so many tid-bits in this book to inspire & motivate me . . . lots of bookmarked pages to turn to when the going gets rough!

4.0 out of 5 stars Encouraging, December 29, 2012
This book is really a good jumpstart to losing weight. It really has encouraged me to get starter and gave many tools on how to stay motivated. I recommend it to anyone trying to lose weight and make a positive change in their life.

5.0 out of 5 stars So inspiring!, September 10, 2012
What an inspiring book! I was so encouraged by the upbeat tone that I read through the whole thing in one sitting...and then came back to savor it slowly. So many times I have made it to twenty pounds of my goal weight but then gave up from the boredom and drudgery of dieting. This book re-routes your focus onto personally meaningful goals that reinforce weight loss while being fun, inspiring, and challenging. It isn't so much about "dieting" as it is becoming healthy in mind and body. I appreciate that the author shares from what she has lived, like a friend, rather than someone dispensing dry information from reports or "client experiences." This is by far the best motivation I have read for losing weight and pursuing health, especially for someone who has quite a bit of weight to lose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyday motivation for weight loss., August 20, 2012
Amanda (Camano Island, WA) - See all my reviews
What I love about this book is that it is written by someone who has already lost weight and is still in the process of reaching her goal. She knows what her readers are going through and can speak from real experience. It is so refreshing!

This is actually the first book of the series I read and it was life changing. I've never felt so sure of myself and motivated to lose weight and I think this book for getting me started. She will help get you motivated and teach you to find your own motivation to keep going!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great How To ~ Without the Instructions, August 5, 2012
Kelly S (California, USA) - See all my reviews
For a how to book and one more "rah rah" cheer you on and pep talk book, this book actually is kind of spot on. It is short enough that you don't feel bogged down. It gives you enough information that you feel armed with some great tools and ideas that are actually workable and easy to put into practice. The author keeps it flexible, but still guided. She gives great references and way to use what you have to get to where you want to be. She incorporates your mental, physical, spiritual and emotional aspects and what can be done to make them arranged into who you want to be. I have been on 27 years of dieting and trying to get healthy and literally over $200,000 in diets, hospitals, foods, exercise and gyms... shoot - throw in the counseling surgeries and programs... I'm prob closer to 4-5 hundred thousand of my parents, insurance and my own money! This book has the basics and some fresh ideas all spelled out and waiting for you to fill in.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›