Find your kindle fire if ever lost or stolen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 15, 2012 7:43:47 PM PST
C. H. Oestby says:
Finally there is an app for the kindle fire who will locate your kindle fire in case it's ever lost or stolen. The app was launched and approved today. The only true app for the Kindle Fire that will help you find your lost or stolen kindle fire, that I have come across. Has anyone else come tried this app? Locate My Kindle (Kindle Fire Edition)

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 6:12:12 AM PST
G.GARCIA says:
how the hell i could logon i cant even get this into my PC went to locatemykindle.com went to amazon.com my profile still nothing. waste CANT EVEN LOGON.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2012 7:29:33 PM PST
Jenny Kack says:
G.Garcia: IF YOU EVER find out HOW to locate your "FIRE" on your PC, let me know. Same problem. The only way I can locate my FIRE is by USING my FIRE which then shows it's location within ~25'. But I think that presents a problem. If I lose my FIRE then I have to f i n d i t to find it????? Let me know if you come up with a solution.
kennetj

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 4:33:41 AM PST
Ron Warner says:
I agree with you, Jenny. I can't get to the web site to log on and locate my Kindle.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 11:38:42 PM PST
C. H. Oestby says:
G.Garcia, All you have to do is to click on the LOG IN button up on the right hand corner on locatemykindle.com and then log in with your email address and password. This works fine for me. (remember this is NOT your amazon username and password) I did read from another user that he had problems logging in when using IE 9 and where the developer informed him he had to upgrade his IE as 9.0 is an older version.

I love this app and it works for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2012 10:34:22 AM PST
the only thing I see this good for is to find out where your Kindle is at but one thing what if there is no wi-fi and lets say someone steals it do you think there going to turn on an app that said find my kindle its the first app to go if not all its just a toy the only way this would work if its like lo-jack working in the back groud not showing itself then if its lost or stolen hope someone takes it close to a open wi-fi and we all know how those are going fast or if someone finds it and takes it to a wi-fi but eveything about this app screems like you will it dosent work

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 7:54:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2012 7:57:27 AM PDT
@Jean-Pierre du Bouis, Really?! Your going to say something about an app and not even read a single review or even the release notes that tell you the app can't be uninstalled from the kindle directly it must be from a personal computer running IE or Firefox, it is always running in the background and again can't be turned off from the kindle, and it connects to every WiFi service it can conceivably find and updates it position. You sir are a piece of work and I feel 2% better pointing out some of the Anti-theft features of this wonderful app, because of this I was able to recover my nephews Kindle which was stolen form him at his school. I figured he would loose it so I wanted to be safe and get an app like this to make me feel better, didn't think it was going to get stolen, it was only 2 houses off but the police went to 4 different houses for us before they were able to get the kindle back and arrest the little piss-ant that stole it.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 12:17:34 PM PDT
Maria Spina says:
will this work if your kindle is dead?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 1:58:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 14, 2012 2:01:44 PM PDT
pattycakes says:
My Kindle Fire may have been stolen. I didn't purchase LocateMyKindle till after the fact, so will I be able to locate it? Purchased on my PC. What username and password do you use?

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 11:45:28 AM PDT
were you able to make this work?

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 11:48:51 AM PDT
pattycakes... did this work for you? to purchase after the fact?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 5:29:51 PM PDT
Jenny Kack says:
NO

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 4:50:05 PM PDT
Frank Bowen says:
did this work for you? Mine was stolen by airplane cleaners

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:38:33 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 16, 2012 5:39:25 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2013 10:08:59 AM PDT
L. Morgan says:
The web site is no good anymore

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2014 10:23:14 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 2, 2014 10:24:12 AM PST]

Posted on May 2, 2014 12:11:46 PM PDT
Karen says:
I lost my kindle at school before putting an app how do I find it know?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Feb 15, 2012
Latest post:  May 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 22 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Locate My Kindle (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Locate My Kindle (Kindle Tablet Edition) by Lab4Apps LLC
3.0 out of 5 stars   (374)