5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stand-alone graphic novel....
Published on November 16, 2011 by Jessica Grimm-Lyon

3.0 out of 5 stars Not thrilled
Published 22 months ago by Stalker

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stand-alone graphic novel...., November 16, 2011
This review is from: Finder: Voice (Paperback)
....but I can't wait to read the rest of her "Finder" series. The art is beautiful, the story is compelling, and the world is complex and interesting. I just reread it after about a year and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was as good, if not better, the second time around. This time I read it along with the authors notes in the back and they certainly added a new layer to the story (though I would advise just reading it without the notes the first time). It's a work of science fiction, it's a story of self-discovery, it is a commentary on human society, and it is a great story.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Smartest Woman in Comics, October 3, 2011
This review is from: Finder: Voice (Paperback)
You can think of Speed as the most underrated science fiction writer working today, or you can think of her as the Best Kept Secret... Her story is broad and deep at the same time, rich and nuanced and complete. In the decade or so she's been at it, her black and white illustrations have blossomed into something really special. Do yourself a favor and start at the beginning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great point to enter a great series, November 18, 2011
Sean C (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finder: Voice (Paperback)
You don't have to have read the other great Finder books to enjoy this excellent comic, but there's a ton of stuff in there for those who have. Carla Speed McNeil's storytelling is as sharp as ever, and the art is great too; expressive and affecting, simple where warranted, and rich and complex at times, too. I have trouble comparing her stories or artistic style to anyone else, but if I had to, I'd pick the Hernandez Brothers. Storytelling-wise, she might be a little closer to Beto's more magical, oblique stuff (although she's writing not-very-hard sf) but art-wise she's probably closer to Jaime's more conventionally polished work. The stories are all her own, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Awesome, and Awe Inspiring, September 4, 2011
Emrys "Dreamer of Dreams, Enchanter of Souls" (Yoko, for those that know what that means.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finder: Voice (Paperback)
This is my first exposure to the world of Finder, and it has already inspired me to seek out the rest of the series.

Even this brief glimpse of the world is both intriguing and detailed.

I want more.

5.0 out of 5 stars A new installment in a brilliant series, August 15, 2011
Amazon Customer (Jersey City, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finder: Voice (Paperback)
If you have haven't read Finder before, this wouldn't be a terrible place to start. This is a fairly straightforward tale of seeking, loss, recovery and finding your voice, told in Carla Speed MacNeil's usual fascinatingly complex concepts and beautiful images. Do catch up on the other volumes though, now recently back in print, for more of the story of Rachel and her family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Treasure, September 27, 2013
This review is from: Finder: Voice (Paperback)
Carla puts the /graphic/ in graphic novel, but she is
no slouch on the novel part either. If you ever pik up
one of these things, ever, it should be this.

Someone should give her a movie opt!

^.^

3.0 out of 5 stars Not thrilled, June 16, 2012
This review is from: Finder: Voice (Paperback)
The product was good. The book was not as fascinating as I expected after reading such positive comments. It was my first book of this series, and I was not familiar with the story. Anyway this is something totally personal - anyone can argue differently. I have read better comics books with better graphics. That's all. Sometimes when you expect too much is the safest way to disappointment. Overall, good story, not extraordinary.

ARRAY(0x99b76e4c)

Finder: Voice
Finder: Voice by Carla Speed McNeil (Paperback - March 1, 2011)
$19.99 $15.16