Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Finders Keepers (Finders Keepers Series #1)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 21, 2000
This is the first book by Catherine Palmer that I've read and it was given to me as a gift. I had no expectations at all. It was very nicely written and I enjoyed the character on Nicolai. He is very heartwarming and the epitome of the scripture "out of the mouth's of babes". I enjoyed the "twist" somewhere in the middle of the story. It made the story-line move faster. It started to drag on in the romance part of it. Overall, I was pleased with this book and I would highly consider reading other books by this author.
on January 15, 2001
When my best friend started reading this book, I read the blurb on the back and thought to myself "There is no way I would pick this book out. It sounds so corny and Janette Oke-ish." When my friend finished reading it, she insisted I read it, too. I didn't have any other wonderful weekend plans, so I agreed.
I couldn't put it down.
I find most books similar to this one have underdeveloped characters and predictable plots. In Finders Keepers, the characters were never really developed, but from what I understand, this is a series, so maybe in time that will be corrected. The plot was not entirely predictable, there were some twists and turns that made the whole thing interesting, albeit a little unrealistic.
All in all, however, despite its faults, it is a very good book, and if you are looking for something to do on a quiet Friday night, give it a try!
on June 27, 2001
I love this book. It has romance and mystery!!! Elizabeth is a single mother who adopted Nick in hopes to settle down. She lives in a small town where gossip is escencial. When Grace, Elizabeth's nextdoor neighbor, die's Elizabeth's controlled world is turned upside down. She is now facing something she never could have imagined. You'll love this book. It'll keep turing the pages!! I'm so happy there is another book. You won't regret reading this !!
on February 3, 2012
When one decides to read a Christian book one can expect religion to be a major player, and so I was not offended at all by the frequent references to Christ. However, I found the book to be extremely trite. Those "lovable" characters just seemed contrived and over the top to me. The kid was like a fairy tale, never fussy and always cute with his Malaprop tendencies; just a bit of a stretch to really believe this was a true child. The heroine was a real turn-off. For most of the book she was preachy and opinionated - telling the hero to "surrender" to God's will but failing to do just the same until way later in the book. When she did, she immediately became a whole lot more likable! Frankly I forced myself to read until the end just so I could write a review. It's not the Christian aspect that turned me off - on the contrary I've read a few of this sort and really have liked them. But the characters in this book failed to engage my imagination and my empathy.
on May 11, 2000
As a public library clerk, I order Christian Fiction. On occasion I get to read some of the books that I select and I would recommend this book to any of the patrons that read Christian Fiction. I judge books by their covers. This time I picked a real gem. I can't wait until the next book. Zachary thinks that his family has abandoned him. But instead he finds his true earthly family and a heavenly father. Elizabeth thinks that she can get along just find without a man. That she can run a business and raise an adopted Romanian, boy. I found myself laughing many, many times. Catherine Palmer is a Missourian which really interested me, being from Missouri. I was impressed that the writer called Jefferson City, MO, Jeff City for short many times throughout the novel.
on November 5, 2001
This book has a little bit of everything--romance, loss, backstabbing gossip, secrets that are finally revealed and inspiration. Elizabeth must decide to come out of her comfortable existence and face the rest of the world...Zachary helps her by forcing her to confront the present. Little Nick is a hoot all throughout this book--the innocence of the young is truly a remarkable thing.
There were parts, now that I am done reading it that were predictable, but while you are reading it, you don't necessarily realize it.
A good book, and I would recommend it for an easy escape.
on February 3, 2012
I didn't realized when getting this book (for free I add) that it was from Tyndale Publishing and therefore a religious romance. That in itself would not have deterred me m getting it at all, I have read other books and they were good. I kind of liked this one and I at some points forced myself to keep reading it because I must say it had lots of funny moments and the story was OK. The way the characters kept mentioning Jesus was too much (in my opinion)and turned me off many many times. Although most charactes ended up doing something about their problems it seemed to me kind of a simple way to look at things. I am a mom and didn't like much how Liz said that the most important thing for her was her faith and second being a mom.
on February 3, 2012
I didn't knew anything about Catherine Palmer and I discovered her writing with this book.

I liked the way she write, it's really easy to read and this is definitively a page-turning book, once you start, you can't stop. The little boy is a really funny character and the way he twisted some words because of his romanian roots are so cute!

I just was sometimes a little bored by the references to God, a bit too much for me.
on January 7, 2015
I've read Catherine Palmer books before, and I have to admit...pretty much every single one is better than this book. The book just seems to drag through, and although I enjoy Christian romances a lot--the repeated references to God's will, seeking God, surrending to God...etc, made the book feel like a devotion that I didn't realize I'd signed up for. I wanted a book!

The secondary characters are what really makes the book interesting. The little boy in the book is cute, as is the older man and the gossippy neighbor Pearline. If she'd made her primary characters as interesting as the secondary ones, I'd be writing a very different review. The herione has no depth of character, and the hero seems to be forever falling for a girl who he'd just met--they don't seem to have the chemistry. Read something else. Anything else.
on February 3, 2012
This was a book that I downloaded because it was free and it was in the genre that I love. However, I found this book disappointing. Although it was touted as a Christian fiction, it was so much more preach-y than the majority of the other Christian fictions I've read, that it could more appropriately be called "really long boring sermon" fiction. I swear, if the word "surrender" was used one more time, I was going to hurl the book across the room. I always finish books I start, so I was bound to finish it, but I can't say it was worth the read. It was an alright story, but it didn't really captivate me. Unfortunately, I kept waiting for the end to come around. I really hate to say it... but I'm glad I didn't waste money on it.