Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on July 6, 2011
Finding Hope by D.L. Marriott is a beautifully composed novelette, filled with more depth and storyline than some books three times the length! This story is drenched in emotion, showing the ever lasting bond that is created in the aftermath of tragedy and the love that prevails. Ms. Marriott pulls you into this book as soon as you start reading, writing as if the character himself is personally telling you this tale, insuring a close connection and shared experience.

The story is written from the main character's point of view. Steve, a tough-as-nails and hard-hearted man who has spent many of his adult years as a police officer. He never minded being a loner, he was used to it. Being raised by emotionally deficient parents will do that to a person. Yet in Al he not only had a partner, but a close friend, a brother. Al's family was just as important to Steve as they were to Al. He loved them and would always be there for them, no matter the distance or years gone by that kept them apart.

When the accident happened, it was a total shock. Al and Sandi weren't supposed to die, not now, not when their Hope was so young. Even after the years that had passed, Hope still remembered her "Uncle" Steve and the bond the two of them had shared from the very beginning. He wasn't going to let her fade out of his life again, keeping close contact with both her and her God parents. He would be there for Hope, during her brightest moments and darkest days. With that, their bond strengthened and their love grew. It wasn't how Steve ever imagined it to be, but it was real and it gave him Hope.

This story was raw, unconventional and extremely genuine. I highly recommend D.L. Marriott's Finding Hope!
on June 14, 2011
I could not put this down. It was compelling and tapped all my senses so powerfully that I was quickly invested in the story and the characters. Marriott has crafted a moving, kick-to-the-gut story that grips you and doesn't release you until that moment of your whispered, "Wow!"
on March 28, 2011
Very well written. While reading, I was on an emotional roller coaster just like the characters! The depth of story, the descriptions, and the tangible quality of the emotions belie the length of the book! I will be waiting impatiently for the next story from D.L. Marriott!!!
on July 26, 2011
From the very first word on the first page to the last word on the last page, D.L. Marriott maintains tension in her short novel Finding Hope. The reader cares about the main characters and can't wait to see what's going to happen to them. There are twists and turns - I was caught by surprise here and there. And what a pay-off! A most satisfying ending. I appreciated that although the story has elements of violence, D.L. Marriott uses a light hand with description. Nothing graphic. Readers have a chance to use their own imaginations. This story needs to become a MOVIE. - Gail Grenier, author
on January 5, 2012
An absolutely brilliant novelette that is quite the page-turner. You will simply love this riveting, heart-felt story and although the satisfaction of the very last page stays with you, you will also be oddly left wondering more. I cannot wait until more items are made available from D.L. Marriott. Quite a treat!
on March 28, 2011
I truly enjoyed this novelette! It is beautifully written and at times, I was right there in the scene, feeling everything that was happening. It was intense, surprising and sweet. I will be looking for more from this author!
on March 29, 2011
This is a wonderful novelette. I was immediately captured by the story and could feel what the characters were going through. I'm looking forward to more from the author!!
Maureen
on June 12, 2012
One of the best books I have read to date. My only wish is that it was longer, I kept turning the last page hoping to find more. A very sincere thank you to the author.
on November 29, 2011
What a captivating book! I read it in one day because I just couldn't put it down! What a great author!
on August 25, 2012
Very well written. I was disappointed that it was so short. O wanted to enjoy more of the fine writing that teased me for more.