Sears offered more than 370 designs of kit homes from 1908 -1940, but nationally known Sears house expert Rosemary Thornton has discovered that Sears had 60 best selling designs.
In this new book she writes, "If you learn how to identify these 60 designs, you'll discover about 90% of the Sears homes in your community."
Finding the Houses That Sears Built contains more than 190 graphics and photos, as well as comprehensive, detailed and fascinating information on how to identify these 60 best selling designs.
Each housing style is given two full pages in this 8.5 x 11 inch book. One page shows the house as it originally appeared in the Sears Modern Homes catalog (with house details and floor plans). An opposing page has two high-quality photos of existing Sears homes.
In preparing to write this captivating book, Rose photographed more than 1500 Sears homes in 11 states. Finding The Houses That Sears Built represents more than five years of intensive research, documentation, travel and study.
Finding The Houses That Sears Built includes:
- 60 catalog pictures, reprinted from original Sears Modern Homes catalogs
- More than 100 contemporary photos of Sears Homes (approximately two pictures per housing style)
- 100-word captions, explaining what to look for when studying Sears Homes in the field
- Additional tips and techniques for finding the Sears Homes in your community
- A listing of the next 35 most popular designs
- A user-friendly format, cross referenced and thoughtfully organized
- And the Top 10 and Top 20 best selling Sears homes are specifically identified and highlighted