4.0 out of 5 stars Too hard for its audience--kids; don't buy
Published on June 14, 2003 by SkinnyDog

3.0 out of 5 stars Way too dificult for the little ones to enjoy.
After seeing the movie, the obvious choice for us Xbox owners was to purchase this for our kids that loved Nemo.
The Good: The graphics and cut scenes are amazing. It is truely as if you are looking into an aquarium or ocean. The sounds are wonderful and in 5.1 Dolby Digital it puts you in the action.
The Bad: 15 missions in all. But you have to get there...
Published on July 27, 2003 by D. Couse

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Way too dificult for the little ones to enjoy., July 27, 2003
This review is from: Finding Nemo - Xbox (Video Game)
The Bad: 15 missions in all. But you have to get there first! Some of these missions are awfully long, even for diehard fans.
The Ugly: Overall the game is just too difficult. My six year old who can beat me on most Xbox games was driven to tears with this game. I must admit, that has never happened before and frankly turned me off on this game. Even dad tried it for an hour or so :) but couldn't get far either.
Although the game is beautiful in all aspects, it is just to hard for the kids to enjoy. Rent it first to understand why we are saying it is so difficult.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too hard for its audience--kids; don't buy, June 14, 2003
This review is from: Finding Nemo - Xbox (Video Game)
I'm glad I rented this first before buying--because neither my 6-year-old, 10-year-old, nor me or my husband can get past the follow-Bruce-the-shark-past-the-landmines section. Another reviewer rated this game highly, but they had only played for an hour and hadn't gotten past Catch Dory (which my kids liked). When you get to the land mines, the game is basically over since you can't get past it. What were the makers thinking--creating a game for kids that no kid can successfully play? Mine have worked for a solid 2 hours trying to get past this part (even my 10-year-old son who is GOOD at manipulating video game controls) and just can't. Beautiful graphics and animation, but they're worthless if the kids can't play it. Don't buy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars IMPOSSIBLE FOT KIDS! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?, October 28, 2004
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Finding Nemo - Xbox (Video Game)
This game is too hard for adults much less children! Totally dissappointed. My 4 year old doesn't even want to play it. Get spiderman instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars When I find Nemo, that kid's gettin' a whippin'!, June 9, 2003
This review is from: Finding Nemo - Xbox (Video Game)
The game is fun. the game is beautiful. The game will frustrate small kids. The biggest flaw with this game is that there is no easy mode - smaller kids (and non-twitch gamers like me) will get frustrated, because controlling the fishies is not as easy as it should be. There are 4 main modes of play. 1. Side scroller style, 2. Towards the camera, 3. Away from the camera, and bouncing on objects. Minigames are tile puzzles, memory puzzles, and bouncing (either on objects or pushing the luxo ball around.) You'll also have to swim through rings, collect and deposit pebbles, and defeat hazards by popping bubbles to collect "stars" on each level. Collect all the star bonuses on a level, and beat that level's mini-game, and you'll unlock conceptual artwork extras. The voice acting is either the talent from the movie, or remarkable "sound-alikes." I gave it a 3 out of five due to repetition and the inability to get past the jellyfish race...

2.0 out of 5 stars Too difficult for little kids to play !, April 4, 2004
R. Cho (Austin, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finding Nemo - Xbox (Video Game)
I bought this game, so my 5-year-old daughter can have a game that she could play by herself. After playing a couple of levels, she couldn't move on to next level any more without me playing for her. Don't be fooled by the title and cute graphics. This game turned out to be one of the hardest games I've ever played. It was harder than some of the mature rated.
Its control scheme is rather simple, but the actual in game control is way too difficult to master for little children. The graphic is impressive, but sometimes it's too hard to control the characters in that pretty 3-D underwater environment. And also the game gets too confusing in some levels, and there isn't any in-game help.
If you are looking for a game for your kids to play by themselves, skip this title. Unless you plan to play almost the entire game for your kids, so they can watch you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Disney should have spent a little more time on this one!, April 4, 2004
"gottalaugh" (Round Rock, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finding Nemo - Xbox (Video Game)
What a disappointment. This game starts out so fun and lighthearted, with beautiful graphics and fun games. Then within a matter of a few levels it goes from fun to nearly impossible. My 6 year old, who is a master at games like the Hobbit, Blackstone and Star Wars, gave up on it. It was frustrating for all of us, who never had the patience to get past the "pipeline". Thankfully, we had rented it - which we took back and were able to get them to exchange it out. Don't waste your money on this one. The games on the Finding Nemo DVD are much more fun than this!

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GAME- BUT TOO HARD TO BEAT!, October 22, 2004
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Finding Nemo - Xbox (Video Game)
This game had a lot of great features. The graphics were a A+, very good graphics, it includes movie clips from Finding Nemo, the voices all sound the same as the movie and its a fun game to play....UNTIL.....it gets so hard that adults can't even get past it, then it gets frustrating!

We purchased this game even after reading other reviews and to our expectations, we were happy with the game, until we got to the dreaded part that we can not get past!

Our son loves to play the game, but its too hard for him to actually play, he just lets Nemo swim around until a clam clamps his tail or a puffer fish hits against him. We have to play all the rest of the game.

Its fun, and would be great to rent, but I don't know about buying it. I am going to check the websites to see if there is cheat codes for the game- this would be the only way to get past this game! Why they made this game so hard is questionable to us?

RENT IT- DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING IT!

1.0 out of 5 stars I agree - Too difficult for the kids, April 26, 2004
Brandi (Jacksonville, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finding Nemo - Xbox (Video Game)
This game is just too difficult for a small child. I suggest Spongebob - Battle for Bikini Bottom.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful designs but just toooo hard!, November 20, 2005
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Finding Nemo - Xbox (Video Game)
Ok I admit I dont have much time on my hands sometimes and I can spend a couple hours lost in a game, but this one just got to me. Part way thru I pretty much just gave up in frustration and turned the whole thing off. Yes, the graphics are amazing but it's just too hard for anyone to play. I suggest racing games or Shrek 2..That's a fun game!

2.0 out of 5 stars The reviews are correct, July 20, 2006
sharkbites (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Finding Nemo - Xbox (Video Game)
The online reviews for this game all stated that it was way too hard, especially the 6th level. However they also said it had great graphics and a story that followed the movie. I figured I was a decent gamer and could probably get us through whatever they put into a Disney game. I was thinking that maybe the parents reviewing the game were probably not experienced gamers and that's why they had trouble helping the kids out. My son loves Finding Nemo so we picked the game up.

Well the reviewers were right on all counts.

The graphics are great, it gives a nice underwater feel and the characters look just like they do in the movie. The voice acting sounds as if the entire cast of the movie did the voices for the game.

The gameplay is simple as you would expect for a kid's game. Most of the tasks are swimming around either following someone or picking up certain items. You can also bump certain things like special bubbles into enemies to stun them. The controls are a little sloppy but they're fine for this.

The fun all came to a halt when we hit level 6. It started out as a follow mission where you have to follow Bruce the shark through a minefield. If you fall behind too much you fail the mission. There are giant squids taking swipes at you plus an extreme current that throws you sideways. It took about 10 tries before I made it.

But, we had completed the impossible 6th level! Hadn't we? Nope, there was part 2...

Part 2 is a set of 72 mines laid out in a pattern. You have to bounce Dori on each of the 72 mines, without bouncing on one mine more than 3 times. Only about 4-6 rows are in your field of view so you can't plan a route. Dori doesn't stop bouncing so if you pause for a second, she's bounced 3 times on that mine and mission failed. It is impossible.

How did they think anyone, much less the game's target audience of kids could finish this level? Did anyone actually play test this level?

Without this level I would've rated the game at 4 stars.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Finding Nemo - Xbox
Finding Nemo - Xbox by THQ (Xbox)
Used & New from: $0.10