From the Back Cover
Your guide to dealing with the everyday challenges of life with ADD--filled with tools and strategies you can use for a lifetime!
With ADD, every day can be like running a maze of lost car keys, missing files, and forgotten commitments. Simple tasks that other people take for granted can become challenges that test the limits of your ingenuity and patience. Now, there is a wise and compassionate guide through the labyrinth of everyday life with ADD. This book shows you how to become more focused and organized, arming you with proven strategies and tools to help you:
- Meet deadlines
- Keep appointments
- Conquer clutter
- Keep track of your most valuable items
- Overcome procrastination
- Bring order to your chaotic life
- Stop ADD from interfering with your personal relationships
Dr. Judith Greenbaum and Dr. Geraldine Markel draw upon the latest research, as well as their thirty years of experience coaching people of all ages with ADD, to supply you with:
- Numerous checklists to help you manage time, organize and complete tasks, and solve specific problems at home and at work
- Research-based techniques, including self-talk, visualization, and routines
- Tips on how to become more self-aware and maximize your potential
"A wonderful and much needed addition to the books on adults with ADD. The personal and warm approach of the authors comes through loud and clear."
--Sari Solden, M.S., LMFT, author of Women with Attention Deficit Disorder and Journeys Through Adulthood
About the Author
Judith Greenbaum, Ph.D., has a doctorate in special education and three decades of experience coaching people of all ages with ADD. She consults with schools designing special educational programs. Geraldine Markel, Ph.D., has a doctorate in educational psychology and a master's degree in reading. She is a professional consultant, speaker, and ADD coach.