5.0 out of 5 stars The one all purpose, all season bike lube--plus a bit of how to apply lube to your drivechain.
I've tried wax based lubes, wet, dry, winter, you name it, and always end up coming back to teflon dry lube--specifically this one.

The only other lube I've tried that I would maybe use again is Cross-Country lube of the same brand, and only for really harsh weather conditions, because it stays on the chain a lot longer in a major downpour--so I don't have to...
Published on August 1, 2007 by John P. Thiel

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent lubrication, poor rust protection
This product is easy to apply and, when excess lube is properly removed after application, doesn't seem to attract too much dirt and grime.

My (only) gripe, however, is with its corrosion resistance properties: the label clearly states that Finish Line "...prevents rusting in extreme conditions". I'm not sure if about twenty minutes of riding under pretty heavy...
Published 17 months ago by Yanes

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Dry lubricant, October 1, 2010
Can lubricate your bike chain and make your journey quiet. I like it because there's no oily mess and dries without leaving residue. You can easily wash your hands with soap and water afterwards.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this lube, May 14, 2009
JR "JR" (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
Avoid this lube if there is any chance of rain. Even though the label indicates this lube is for wet and dry conditions, the bike will be a greasy black graphite mess if you get caught in a rain shower. I recently was caught in a brief rain shower on my road bike. The water causes the lube to get slung off the chain and onto anything in its path including rear wheel, brakes, frame, seat and the back of your jersey. Brakes stopped working and had to disassemble and clean the bike after this ride. After the cleaning, I switched to Pro Gold Prolink lube. This stuff is the best lube I have used.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price in my opinion, January 27, 2014
This review is from: Finish Line DRY Teflon Bicycle Chain Lube, 4-Ounce Drip Squeeze Bottle (Sports)
I purchased this product on a whim after having used a traditional inexpensive lube from Nashbar called "Pro Style Chain Lube" for many years. I've used this Dry Teflon lube now for about 5-months and I don't see it as being substantially better in any way from a traditional lube. It does not seem to last any longer, doesn't provide any additional performance benefit, doesn't apply any easier, and actually seems to attract dirt and grime much more than a traditional lube. If the cost of the lube was cheaper, I might give this 3-stars, but at literally 2x the cost of a traditional lube I have to rate it 2-stars. I've used this on my road-bike exclusively, but I imagine on a cyclocross or mountain bike results of this lube would be similar or worse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes my chain happy, November 25, 2013
What can I say. This is what I usually use. Works fine. I suggest you store it indoors. It gets gummy in the heat over time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Dry Lube, November 23, 2013
I used this product to lubricate the chain on my bicycle during a recently completed a 9 week bicycle trip. This product kept the chain from rusting but did not leave the chain all 'oily' or 'sticky'. As a result, the chain did not collect all sorts of dirt and grit on the chain, which was not nearly as messy to handle. It was very easy to apply; just turn the peddle backwards and drip it on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great lube. Light hand required., November 2, 2013
Works very well, My bike chains are showing very little wear since using this. Sand and dirt don't appear to be attracted to the chain nearly as much as other lubes. 4 instead of 5 stars only because one needs to be a little careful when tipping the bottle to apply. It is easy to have more lube than desired squirt out even when just from tipping it toward the chain. Tip it over carefully to control the flow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chain stays clean, works for about 100 miles (or so) between applications., September 22, 2013
Chain stays cleaner than with white lightning. Works for about 100 miles (a week of commuting) then need reapplication. Have tried nearly everything else over 30 years and this is what I'll stay with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best lube for dry, dusty places..., January 29, 2013
Best lube for dry, dusty places... after applying to a clean chain, and letting it dry, I wipe off the outside of the chain to be sure no excess remains. The chain is quiet and smooth as can be, yet it doesn't attract tons of dirt & gunk like a oil or wax-based lube would. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for, January 25, 2013
People complain about the price of some lubricants. As a mechanic I know that spending a little more on maintenance can save you a lot more in the long run over replacement. One of the main issues is most people use too much of it. I apply about one drop per chain link and a little blast to my derailleurs weekly and one bottle lasts me about 6 months usually. As long as cables are adjusted right this keeps my bike running so smooth all you can hear is the tire noise. Please note that this is mostly for your drive-train. For cables I use Zoom-Spout oil and for bearings Mobil brand premium grease.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Stuff, April 30, 2012
I started using this dry lube after using tri-lube for years. I live in San Diego so it's typically dry terrain here. I stopped using the wet lube because it just attracted dirt to the drive train and if/when the chain got wet it sounded like the chain was grinding by all the dirt on it. Anyway... I switched to this Finish line Dry lube and absolutely love it, the chain stays clean and yet lubricated. When the chain gets wet the dirt pretty much falls off. Cleaning the chain is simple. I use a little diluted simple green and water, hit the chain with a brush quickly and blast it with the hose and it looks like new. Wipe the chain down and apply a fresh coat of Finish line and it's good as new. The 32oz is the way to go, it's the best price and the lube is so good, it won't go to waste sitting in the garage for years.

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›