Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 8, 2011 12:37:16 PM PST
S. K. Ortman says:
What kind of BS is this? He hasn't even finished the series!! I'm dumb-founded!

Posted on Mar 12, 2011 3:52:27 PM PST
A. Cobb says:
Generally they like to do 3-4 book sets for people looking to catch up. After the next book releases, they'll probably release a 3-book set. People are probably more likely to spend $30 twice than $60 at once.

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 10:12:42 AM PDT
I will wait until he completes the series before trying to jump back into this.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 5:56:11 PM PDT
MaddyMac says:
I agree! This is nonsense. I've had the final <?> book on preorder for years. I'll believe it when I'm holding it in my hands! Martin is really getting on my nerves. . . but I suppose it says something about his writing that I'm still twiddling my thumbs and waiting for it, rather than abandoning his writing altogether

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 5:11:42 PM PDT
Sarah Ybarra says:
I just bought this, I've been meaning to buy these books for a while but was putting it off. In fact the only reason I'm buying it right now is because it's a good price and I want to re-read these but due to the HBO series there are about 30 holds on each at the library. (Actually closer to 100 for GoT)

Posted on May 9, 2011 8:09:07 AM PDT
AnneWest says:
One thing you all need to understand, Martin has taken AGES to finish each book. After Game of Thrones originally came out, we waited forever for Clash of Kings. His publisher doesn't take any prizes for constantly giving out release dates, and then *oops* maybe not next October..then *ah well* next February, then *wait* it'll be next July. This has happened with EVERY book.

I'd suggest you put reading and even thinking about the next one on the backburner and don't even think about it coming. It's always a nice surprise when you have it in your hands 2 years after the original release date. Check out any sf/fantasy fiction forum and talk to any of his long-suffering fans. We are legion. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2011 12:11:12 PM PDT
Note--This reply is more for all the people on these boards who seem to think that a book in a fantasy series not coming out is the worst thing that has ever happened, not necessarily to C. Holko's post alone. More like the straw and camel, etc.

A legion of whiners and crybabies, with perhaps nothing else to do but to wait around arguing about how a single man can be the cause of so much misery and discontent. It has been several years since the last book has come out and yes release dates have been announced only to be missed. If you do not wish to read the future books, that is your personal decision, but I find it laughable that you and the legions like you will spend day after day complaining under the guise of "warning" potential readers of the author's constant unremitting betrayal. Many of you say that you will not buy another of the author's books, but I do not believe it. It is so obviously apart of your collective lives that is is similar to the alcoholic swearing off the stuff after the latest binge. You hate it so much that you need it to have some sort of meaning in your life.

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 7:34:00 AM PDT
Well. I haven't bought his last book, er.. I mean the second part of the 4th book that was finished 3 years ago but too big to issue and had to be split. I also have never bought another book by Melanie Rawn who left her trilogy hanging fire after the 2d book well over 10 years ago. Martin's "legion of fans" have invested time and money in his product, they have every right to complain. The criminal thing is that he is the most talented author IMHO in years and years but is more interested in personal profit than in his readership. Well, let other people be pulled in. I'm done. Besides one of us'll probably be dead before he gets around to whatever he's going to get around to, if he doesn't change his mind. Again.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 9:25:00 PM PST
Well, I came to the party late and bought a boxed set. I resent a writer who makes the customer buy the next book in hopes of finding out what happens. By the sound of these comments, he's still dangeling his readers along years and years later. I don't know what you are all waiting for, his characters and plots became so tedious and boring by book three, the sex and violence are the only thing keeping the reader from flat-lining. Mr. Martin is a very skilled writer and can set a mood better than any I've known, bit I think he's just one of those artists who fell in love with his creation and forgot about the reader. I'm sure there's a wonderful, rich ending to this piece of work somewhere in his head but Ill be dammed if I'm going to waste any more time with it. I'll put the set up for sale and sell it to the next sucker who thinks it will be great because HBO adopted it.
Good luck, Folks.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2013 8:36:02 PM PDT
J. Maker says:
aside that George R.R. Martin will never finish thwe series?

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 6:31:35 AM PDT
S. K. Ortman says:
The series is done now... so far as I know. It wasn't a great way to END, but the last book came out. That was SOMETHING! I guess you could say that the Game of Thrones is a game that never ends ;-) The first 3 books were fantastic, so you can't go wrong with them... the wrap-up was just not all that :-( The wait is what also really pissed off the fans who waited for SO long for it to end... that is what was the worst thing.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Feb 8, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A Song of Ice and Fire, (4 Vols.): A Game of Thrones / A Clash of Kings / A Storm of Swords / A Feast for Crows
A Song of Ice and Fire, (4 Vols.): A Game of Thrones / A Clash of Kings / A Storm of Swords / A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin (Mass Market Paperback - March 22, 2011)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (3,845)