From the Publisher
From the Back Cover
BASIC APPROACH: Comprehensive this text explores the full range of finite element methods used in engineering practice for actual applications in computer-aided design. It provides not only an introduction to finite element methods and the commonality in the various techniques, but explores state-of-the-art methods as well with a focus on what are deemed to become "classical techniques" procedures that will be standard and authoritative for finite element analysis for years to come.
- presents in sufficient depth and breadth elementary concepts AND advanced techniques in statics, dynamics, solids, fluids, linear and nonlinear analysis.
- emphasizes both the physical and mathematical characteristics of procedures.
- presents some important mathematical conditions on finite element procedures.
- contains an abundance of worked-out examples and various complete program listings.
- includes many exercises/projects that often require the use of a computer program. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.