5.0 out of 5 stars Survival Guide for Anyone Travelling to Finland
Published on April 6, 2000 by Erik Sarvela

2.0 out of 5 stars Too little
I bought this book and I thought it would e a bit better. there's pronunciation, but i really got frustrated
Published on May 17, 2003 by gothic_princess

5.0 out of 5 stars Survival Guide for Anyone Travelling to Finland, April 6, 2000
This review is from: Say It in Finnish (Dover Language Guides Say It Series) (Paperback)
At first, the only reason I bought this book was because it was very cheap. Was I in for a surprise when I began to read this Finnish to English Phrase book. Need to know when the next train to Helsinki is? Flip to the Travel section (everythings split up into sections) and you'll find out how with an easy to understand pronunciation guide. With over 2100 different entries in about thirty or forty different sections, and with the size of the book fitting in the palm of your hand, its a must-have item for any traveller who expects to be needing to know Finn.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compact guide, December 2, 2000
"aj2001" (Davidson, NC USA) - See all my reviews
I kept this book in the pocket of my cargo pants throughout my stay in Finland. This book is by no means intended to teach you Finnish, but if you're looking for the bare essentials, this is the best you'll find. All the phrases have a pronunciation guide, however, I found this more confusing than helpful. Pronunciation in Finnish is very difficult. You're better off studying the pronuciation section at the beginning of the book and then apply it to the phrases. The best part of this book though is that the price can't be beat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the pocket!, May 12, 2002
If I get into a bind, all I have to do is pull out this little gem and no misunderstandings due to language. A great little book to take along when you visit Finland:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! This one has everyword W/HOW to pronounce them !!!, October 11, 2010
Nothing short of a saving grace when it has come for me to have to speak and be able to easily find not only the translation BUT also the pronunciation of them all -- you will be delighted -- it goes way beyond any other "little pocket book" I have used before. Finnish is hard enough (I've had years of proper lessons and STILL feel I'll never be fluent... this little book has helped me even help others!! Don't pass it up. Seriously!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Buissness traveler, July 2, 2013
I bought this before my buissness trip and it was perfect for my needs. It worked great when trying to translate a menu or when in the grecery store. It would be difficult to use if you are trying to become fluent in the language, but if you just need something to look up words, it is perfect. It had every word that I ever needed while I was traveling back and foreth to Finland for 6 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks to Be Helpful, May 23, 2013
I bought this book along with a CD to get an understanding of Finnish for an upcoming trip. The book is broken out in sections to be useful and easily accessible/assistnace. Perfect size to slip into jean pockets for walking around the cities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome little Finnish guide!, January 26, 2013
This book is quite small..make like 3.5 inches tall. Perfect book to put in your pocket. I got it pretty quickly, so that's always a good thing. It contains little phrases here and there and has separate sections so if you need to find a certain phrase the index in the front can lead you to it. It doesn't cover a lot of material - it's just a beginners guide. So if you want a short little pocket book that can give you a fairly good start in Finnish then I'd recommend it. If you want something more advanced I'd try something else though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, February 18, 2013
Very good tool for people serious in learning Finnish. But be serious- don't half try- try all the way cause that is the only way you'll learn it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope it is correct, June 30, 2012
I don't speak Finnish and don't know anyone that does. This was a gift to someone who works for a Finnish company. He hasn't been fired yet, so it must have the correct translations for "HellO, goodby, where is the restrooms, etc".

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 20, 2015
Just perfect for my needs to learn a little Finiish.

Say It in Finnish (Dover Language Guides Say It Series)
Say It in Finnish (Dover Language Guides Say It Series) by Aili Flint (Paperback - March 1, 1984)
Used & New from: $6.92