2,221 Reviews
 (1,622)

Published 20 months ago by Robin Lee

2.0 out of 5 stars Major design flaw in the newer version.
Unfortunately, Amazon combines reviews here for two different products. The earlier Flintie, which I bought on eBay a couple of weeks ago, is an excellent case - light, sturdy, and reasonably well made. I would give it 4 1/2 stars, easily.

Published 7 months ago by William Kasimer

5.0 out of 5 stars "Perfect, Lightweight, Protection, I Love All The Colors, But Blues are Still My Favorite "..........., November 13, 2012
This is the best. Lightweight, Strong, Good Protection! ( Synthetic Leather ) Fits tightly. You can bend front cover to the back if you want to for one hand hold. Still has magnetic closure for sleep mode. My concern is comfortable reading with my Kindle Paperwhite.. You get both durable protection and comfort. It's affordable. The color choice is nice, I have "red"...It's the color of a bright candy apple...."Very Happy" This is what I will be using........

(Update: 12/9, This case is holding up so well, the spine has not cracked from being constantly folded over, not even a fingerprint on cover from use, so I had to order another. Picked the blue my favorite color.)

(Update: 12/18, Just arrived, slipped it out of the "red" and right into the "blue", still perfect fit, no problems or defects. The blue color, is bright baby blue, not powder blue. If you are interested in the colors. I love it. )

(Update: 1/9, I finally got a smudge of somthing from my fingers on the blue cover, with some warm water only and soft cloth it easily came off. Did not remove any color from the case.)

( Update: 2/2, I highly recommend this product, since the original date from this review, I have had absolutely know problems with these cases.)

(Update: 2/10, Alot of people are sending me questions of all sorts, and I never mind answering them at all. I feel I have to make clear that I don't work for this company. When I purchased this case, I paid $29.99 for it. They were relatively unknown, and not in high demand...It was a good quality case, a great alternative for me at the time, for the heavy, plastic inserted, Amazon case, because of pain in my right hand joints....Now that they are selling for only $10.99, because of the high demand, mass quantities are produced to meet the needs. This is why, I feel bad that some people, are getting crooked magnets, not perfect threading, and they auto sleep function is not working properly. If this is a problem all you really need to do is contact this company, they will work with you. It took me 3 KPW's before I actually received one that I now can call perfection...But again at the time they were being mass produced also, to meet the Christmas needs.....So, I hopes this clears up some of the question's people have.............)

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, well made & works well, October 31, 2013
ReneB (Upstate NY) - See all my reviews
I purchased both this Fintie Folio (in Black) and a MoKo Cover Case for Amazon Paperwhite in Indigo because I wanted to compare both cases to see which I'd keep for my new Kindle Paperwhite.

I have decided, after trying both of these out for the last few days, to keep the Fintie and return the MoKo. Here's why I liked the Fintie case over the MoKo case.

Construction & Finish -- the Fintie cover is well made with neat stitching and the faux leather has nice textures and a nice appearance. The inside of the cover flap is soft and feels comfortable in the hand when one has the cover folded back for one-handed use of their Paperwhite. The sleep on/off feature works correctly, and the cover stays closed with the help of a couple of embedded magnets. There is good access to the ports and on/off button. Also, I found I preferred the textured faux leather finish on the Fintie. It seems the MoKo's smooth finish would be more susceptible to scratches showing on it's surface compared to the Fintie's.

User Experience: I preferred how much more comfortable it is to hold and use the Fintie case with my Paperwhite vs. the MoKo case. With the Fintie, when one folds back the cover it has a smaller overall profile and thus is easier to hold, especially one-handed, than the MoKo, where when folded back, the cover flap 'flops' around and does not stay folded back in line with the rest of the MoKo. Overall, the Fintie Folio case is much more compact and easier to hold and handle.

Conclusion: Given that these two cases are priced so similarly, I recommend the Fintie over the MoKo. Between the Fintie and the MoKo, the Fintie is slimmer, and the Amazon Paperwhite cover is even thiner, but it is much more expensive . If one would like to purchase a case that's about a third of the price of the Amazon cover, I highly recommend the Fintie over the MoKo.

2.0 out of 5 stars Major design flaw in the newer version., December 6, 2013
William Kasimer (Eastern Massachusetts) - See all my reviews

But the newer case looked more elegant, particularly in solid black. So I ordered one. Still not real leather, but softer and more "real-looking". But the magnets DO NOT WORK. The older case closed quite securely, and this one is not secure, and doesn't even close completely. I believe that the flap for holding papers, cards (which is pretty much unnecessary in a Kindle case) prevents complete closure.

So if you can find one of the older ones (I think that this is the link: Fintie Folio Case for Amazon Kindle Paperwhite and All-New Kindle Paperwhite (6" High Resolution Display with Next-Gen Built-in Light) Book Style with Auto Sleep/Wake Feature - Dual Color), it's a very good case. But avoid the newer one (Fintie Kindle Paperwhite and All-New Kindle Paperwhite Premium Folio Case (6" High Resolution Display with Next-Gen Built-in Light) Book Style with Auto Sleep/Wake Feature - Solid Black).

5.0 out of 5 stars Light-weight case, October 28, 2012
Jamie (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
Good alternative to the Amazon case because it has auto sleep/wake function. Weighs and costs much less. I have the green cover which is not quite as bright as depicted in the picture but still nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Kindle Case Ever!, December 6, 2012
I'm on my 4th Kindle & 3rd case. This is the best one I've ever had. I chose the purple color & it's a tasteful purple that doesn't scream teenager. The case is made to fully surround the Kindle. At first I couldn't figure out how to put the Kindle in it. In the area where the binding would go if this were the cover of a book, there is a Velcro clasp that can be lifted up so the Kindle can be fit in. You then re-fasten the clasp & the Kindle is completely enclosed & protected. There are appropriate openings to get to the Paperwhite's minimal controls (most of the controls are touch screen). When you close the cover, there is a very well hidden magnet that keeps the cover in place. So, no band that can get stretched out, no little fasteners that the Kindle can pop out of and go flying just when your hands are full, no bulky zippers or overly tight pouches. I am so happy with it I gave it 5 stars even though I would ordinarily withhold a star because it came without instructions (a pet peeve of mine!) Very few products induce me to clap my hands in pleasure. This one did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Great Quality, November 4, 2012
For less than $11 bucks, I got a case that had the same quality compared to the more expensive cases. Does everything the $40 case does and fits great in the Kindle Paperwhite.

Recommend if you are trying to be frugal on various Kindle goods.

UPDATE: HOLY CRAP this case is popular! However, I got a tad annoyed of the magnet part of the case. I want to shut it down but it ends up going into sleep mode because of it. Other than that, still a great case!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bulky and low quality, January 6, 2014
Dmitry (Menlo Park, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This is my first time I am leaving 1-star feedback on an item which is actually quite okay, looks and works as described.

The problem is that my wife has a Kindle with the original $40 leather cover, and this one is NOT "an affordable way to get similar quality". It's one major level down:

1) The cover with a kindle is 1 inch thick, it's at least twice thinker than the original cover with the same kind of kindle. It's also heavier, bulkier, and it feels like a neat little pocket device has turned into a sturdy book.

2) If you flip the cover back, the kindle is not flat, it's tilted to the right because the left side is much thicker than the right one. It's quite uncomfortable to read Kindle this way.

Well, it's probably an OK piece if you haven't seen any better, but for myself I just can't justify a rating better than 1 star.
Returning it, of course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case for New PaperWhite Kindle (Oct 2013 Version), October 7, 2013
I bought this case for the new Kindle Paperwhite I bought in October 2013. I wasn't looking forward to spending $40 on a case, so I decided to give this one a try for 1/4 the price. I am impressed with this Fintie Case. It fits the Paperwhite perfectly, and the velcro secures it very well so I don't have to worry about it falling out of the case. The cover is magnetic so it puts the Kindle to sleep when closed. If you have a Kindle Paperwhite (2013 version included) then you will love the quality of this case for the price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, December 20, 2012
C. Tasker (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
The inside part that holds the Kindle was improperly attached to the back, leaving a gap between the Kindle and the upper right edge, and causing the leather covering the top portion of the Kindle to be wildly askew.

Assuming the rest of these don't ship with this defect, I'd have to give it 3 stars.

When the cover is folded back behind the Kindle, the rear edge of the case sticks out to the left a bit; Its jarring compared to the official cover. It is much lighter than the official cover, and seems durable, but its getting returned due to the defect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to the Amazon Paperwhite cover, December 9, 2012
MistyLight (Rochester, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fintie Amazon Kindle Paperwhite SmartShell Case - The Thinnest and Lightest Leather Cover for Amazon All-New Kindle Paperwhite (Both 2012 and 2013 Versions with 6" Display and Built-in Light), Black (Accessory)
I returned an expensive Amazon Kindle Paperwhite cover and replaced it with the inexpensive Fintie. I am very pleased with the Fintie: it's light (I can read my Paperwhite with one hand) and it holds the device securely. It's also quite nice looking (I got the blue). The reason I'm giving it 4 stars rather than 5 is due to false advertising. The Fintie's name contains the phrase "premium leather", but it is actually made out of synthetic leather. I had read all the specs before I ordered it, so I knew this, but it annoys me deeply when sellers try to pull the wool (I mean, plastic) over our eyes.

Rate and Discover Movies