5.0 out of 5 stars You should buy this case. Here's why...
This case is hands down the most bang for your buck. I love this case so much that I'm ordering another one in a different color. And I'll tell you why you too won't regret buying this case...

- It only costs $11.99
- It's perfectly tailored for your HDX; fits like a glove so to speak.
- Very well made. It's not flimsy nor does it feel cheap like many...
Published 13 months ago by Katherine O.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this crap!
Published 8 months ago by isaac rosado

5.0 out of 5 stars You should buy this case. Here's why..., December 20, 2013
This review is from: Fintie Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" SmartShell Case Cover Ultra Slim Lightweight with Auto Sleep / Wake Feature - Black (Accessory)

- It only costs $11.99
- It's perfectly tailored for your HDX; fits like a glove so to speak.
- Very well made. It's not flimsy nor does it feel cheap like many cases out in the market.

My only complaint is that it doesn't have the capability to prop the Kindle up vertically. But not a deal breaker in my book. The case protects my HDX without all the bulk, I can prop it up for handsfree usage, and I didn't have to spend a fortune. What more can I ask for?

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, November 13, 2013
Fits perfectly my new Kindle Fire HDX 7", very good value for money. Snaps on the tablet and feels sturdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great slim case - sturdy and stylish, December 21, 2013
I received the Fintie SmartShell case in purple last week after using the Kindle Fire HDX in its original plastic wrap for several weeks while I decided on a real case. I couldn't be happier with this. I wanted something sturdy in case my kids drop it a short distance (they will not be walking around with it or playing outside - primarily just inside). I might go with something more cushioned if it were primarily for a child to use, but for me it's perfect with their occasional use. Fortunately we haven't had any incidents, so I cannot comment on the durability or protection if dropped.

I like that the Kindle snaps into the case and there is no way it would fall out accidentally. I like the magnetic front cover that puts the Kindle to sleep and awakens it, and that the power button and volume buttons are built into the outside of the SmartShell case. The purple color looks true to the online photo and it very nice! The design is slim and doesn't add tons of weight though I can feel the difference (as compared to the Kindle by itself) after holding it awhile. Any case would add a little. I also bought a Fintie purple leather (faux) cover where the Kindle slides in and a Velcro tab secures it in place. I am not keeping that case in favor of the SmartShell because the latter looks more sleek and seems like it would protect better. Highly recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this crap!, May 19, 2014
I bought 3 of these. One for my girlfriend, one for me, and then another for me when my original started to crack and crumble. The kindle fits so tightly into the case that the corners that hold the kindle begin to deteriorate within weeks. All 3 that I bought are either crumbled or cracking getting ready to crumble. The magnets are also in holes too small so the plastic around it will crack and the magnets end up coming out when u open the case. I would not buy this brand again nor would I recommend it to anyone

4.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Kindle cover, November 25, 2014
Kiki Lewis (Austin, Texas) - See all my reviews
I purchased the cover for the HDX7 (2013) version in Purple. I love the functionality of the cover it is designed very well! But as with all things there are pros and cons:

Cons: The plastic along the right edge broke off in two places and the magnet fell out as well. I am guessing the magnets fell out of where the plastic is broken. But since it somehow happened while in my bedside table drawer or while I was reading it, I am not sure where or how they fell out or what happened to one of them. One of the magnets held on and is now stuck to the front panel. This helps keep the cover closed etc. Also, a small piece of the cover wore off pretty quickly and there is a grey spot on the front cover. it's a shame that it fell apart so quickly, but it is my favorite cover I have used so far, so I will deal with that.

Also, I believe it is backwards. When I open it to the left (as you would a book) the volume keys are on the bottom and the power on the top. This doesn't bother me much since most apps will rotate to whatever direction you want them to. But a couple apps don't and I have to turn it upside down to use them

Pros: I love the color of the purple one! It is like an orchid color. I love how it folds over on the back so i can grip the wedge when reading. It is super light and has a low profile. This means no bulky plastic edges, while still protecting the device. I also love how it shuts off my device when the front flap is closed and on when opened. This is so handy since battery life is very important to me! Also, the front flap folds back flush against the back cover as well.

So even with the flaws listed above, I am purchasing a second one in a different color, and have recommended it to friends and family for their devices.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected....smartshell blue case review, December 7, 2013
I really wanted a blue cover but the smartshell case looked more teal than blue so I wasn't sure that it'd work for me but then I read in comments about the colors not always being exactly like the picture and behold the comments are true! The blue smartshell case is a sky blue color and not teal at all which is perfect! They really should fix those pictures.

1.0 out of 5 stars It fell apart. Quickly., May 1, 2014
At first I really liked this. It fit, it was cute, the color was great (I got orange), it was lightweight, worked fine. Then I noticed one of the corner pieces that holds the kindle in place was coming off. Then it fell off totally. I thought it was a fluke and ordered another. Before the new one shipped, the OTHER corner piece on mine fell off. Now it is a useless piece of plastic. I cancelled my order. I would ask the company to replace it, except I want a cover that works.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best case EVER!, December 14, 2013
Love it! This case was less expensive than the other ones available for the HDX, yet it is perfect in every way. It is so cool that it turns the Kindle on and off just by opening and closing the cover. Folds to make it stand up or you can just fold the cover all the way back around and hold it in your hand...it won't turn the Kindle off when you do that. Overall fit is amazing...just absolutely perfect. For the price I was very surprised at the quality, fit and function! Very happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad design, June 19, 2014
Only had for a month. The case fits the Kindle nice enough, but the magnets pull right out of the case. One of the side walls next to the magnet is cracked and broke off. The other one is intact, and still the magnet pops out. The material next to it, is way too thin. I'm not tough on it either. My wife has the same one that she got months before me and hers is fine. So, maybe bad batch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive but OK protection, July 4, 2014
It's inexpensive and the materials of the cover is little thin and flimsy. As seen on the photos I've uploaded, the edges around the corners of the case doesn't fit as neatly but it does offer adequate protection. I feel safe carrying my Kindle with this case cover on. When the cover is folded as a base, it sit little too low and not very stable and becomes top-heavy.

-Update July 16, 2014-
one corner of the case cracked open from a moderate drop. The case didn't absorb all the impact and left a feint scratch on my Kindle. I've applied a crazy glue to put back the piece that broke off. I'm thinking maybe I should look for more robust protective case but I'm reluctant to shell out $50 for Otter case. It feels silly to spend 1/3 of the price of the tablet for a case.