Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fintie Folio PU Leather Case Cover for iPad 4th Generation With Retina Display, iPad 3 & iPad 2 (Black)
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 6, 2013
This little case will fit your iPad 4 perfectly. I was a little concerned after reading one review, which said it was slightly off. Well, I can't imagine but that the reviewer was not talking about a 4. I'm not at all familiar with Apple products, just this particular iPad. This case is soft leather, it closes like a book, and when shut, sends the device into standby mode. Using this cover extends the time of my battery charge. I consider this cover to be absolutely essential, and, given its very low price, it should be wrapped around every iPad 4.
33 comments| 351 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
First off, I would like to mention I smelled nothing upon opening this case.

I also think the case looks good, isn't too heavy and works very well. I am 100% satisfied and really am impressed with this company and it's products, not to mention their very low prices and excellent customer service.

[...]
0Comment| 236 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2013
I really wanted to love this case and I have used it daily for two months. The price is fantastic. The purple color is great, and magnet works fine it is also a nice weight. Only problem and its a biggie..... The iPads camera is partially obscured by the case so you get a purple haze at the bottom corner of the photos. See attached photo above. This blocking by the case gets worse with time so initially it sat higher and only blocked on some photos, but time and gravity has sunk it lower. i am very handy and crafty and figured I could easily fix this by wedging two pieces of foam to prop the ipad higher in its case. But it didn't work. I have now resorted to taking the ipad out of the case whenever I take a photo....which defeats the purpose of a case. It's going back and I am now looking for a new case.

UPDATE September 7, 2014: I had not realized I had some comments to my original review....:The company stands behind their product and did indeed replace my case at no additional cost. The new case fit very snugly and I had absolutely no problems with the camera hole being blocked. I am increasing my rating to 4 stars for great customer service and the new cover fits nicely. I have used it daily for over a year now and it is only now starting to get worn out on the creases. But it still fits snugly!
review image
66 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2012
I bought this case to travel with since I have a bulkier Belkin Pro keyboard case for when I use the Ipad at home. While it isn't the sturdiest of the products out there, it more than sufficed for my needs. It folds nicely, has a good viewing angle when propped, automatically puts the ipad to sleep, and protects the Ipad (3rd gen) well. I actually received multiple comments on how nice/chic it looked. For the $8 I paid, i would highly recommend this case for someone who doesn't want to spend too much money. It's also much more functional than Apple's smart cover. 1 month of daily use so far, and haven't gone back to the Belkin yet.
88 comments| 187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2014
Purchased this on December 3rd and noticed today, Feb. 10th, just a little over 2 months later, that there are 2 holes in the bend, stitching coming out on the front, and worn edges. This ipad isn't used everyday either. Very disappointed. All previous case purchases, not this brand, have lasted many years. Very disappointed.
on October 7, 2012
Love the quality, color, and functionality. I can't believe what a great product I got for the great price. It has a magnet to close and put to sleep. And I appreciate the way it props the ipad up in the back. Its perfect!
on January 26, 2013
Have several Fintie covers for my devices and thought this would be the answer for iPad but it is not at all. The cover is too loose and the iPad shifts around and you have to keep repositioning it for the buttons not be covered by the case. Also, the cover has too many bends in it and will not stand up on its own and keeps collapsing. Does not do the auto shut off featured either.

Update: Manufacturer contacted me and offered a replacement stating perhaps an occasional irregular item gets out. I had already purchased a different replacement cover so declined the offer pending a determination on the new cover. I have raised rating up another star simply because of the fabulous customer service by Fintie, and the possibility of an irregular. If anyone is going to get one, it would be me, so give Fintie a chance. I have and do love my Fintie Kindle Fire cover purchased many months ago.
22 comments| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2013
This is my second purchase from Fintie. The first was for my Kindle Fire 7" HD. That cover is absolutely flawless. So is this one for my iPad. The iPad slides in perfectly, stays in place, and the cover works very well. The support tab is durable and holds the iPad up firmly and safely. I have the white cover, and it looks great; it does not make the iPad heavier and gives wonderful protection. The cutouts are in just the right places for the camera, speakers and control buttons. The soft microfiber lining offers great scratch protection for the screen and the back of the iPad, too! You simply cannot ask for a better cover at any price...and this one was a real bargain. The company makes the covers in the United States (a rare thing these days). When you observe the craftsmanship, you really appreciate the care that is taken with the production of this item. The stitching is well aligned, the material is durable, and the fit is just what it should be. I have recommended Fintie to friends who have purchased also. I cannot say enough good things about this high quality cover and heartily recommend it.
on July 7, 2015
This is a nice case, well made, with heavy leather and good solid stitching. The color is pleasing. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars: the flap that you fold behind to make the case into a stand has a stretch of soft leather that acts as a kind of hinge so that it can fold over the front of the ipad and back again (first picture). This hinge is too long, so when you tuck the flap in to make the low stand, that long bit of leather that acts as a hinge prevents it from really propping the ipad up (second picture). It only works if you tuck the hinge under (third picture), which is fine if you have the ipad immobile on a table or something but doesn't work well if you're holding it, have it in your lap, etc.
review image review image review image
on March 28, 2015
I liked this case at first and thought that it was functional and for the price offered sufficient protection. This was for my 4 year olds the iPad which he uses daily. He had no issues figuring out how to use the different positioning options.

Now the unfortunate downfall for this case is that it severely lacks corner protection. After using the case for a while the iPad doesn't hold within the case and the corners are exposed. The iPad slides down and the corners touch whatever surface it is on. With the corner to expose they become scratched and dented. We dropped the iPad from about 1 1/2 feet from the floor and it was very dented on both corners.
review image