Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now STEM

Size Name: Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (2012 Release)-Folio|Color Name: Black|Change

on August 18, 2013
This case is perfect for me. I'm an adult, and I rarely drop my toys. The case is sturdy enough to protect from a moderate drop. The "leather" protects my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (not the HD-X), has sturdy stitching and cutouts for access to all the plug-ins, buttons and FRONT camera. Made from PolyUrethane (PU) vinyl, has a leather feel. The exterior is waterproof, comes in many colors and has a textured surface, making it easy to keep a good grip. Has magnets to "wake" the Kindle, and soft sueded liner facing the screen. Plus, it has an elastic loop to keep my stylus handy. Not many cases have that. It's a keeper!

08/22/13 update- my mom liked my Folio Classic case so much, she wanted one, too. I got her the one in violet.

01/04/14 update- have been using the case for about five months now. The magnets to "wake" the Kindle still work perfectly. I stuff the covered Kindle in my lunch carrier for camouflage, taking it to work every day for reading or games during my lunch and breaks. The case is getting a good workout.
22 comments|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
I gave this a 5 star rating because it was incredibly inexpensive and it does everything that we wanted it to. I bought this as a Christmas gift to go along with the new 8.9" kindle I was giving as a present. Honestly, you can't beat the price. I was a little shocked it was so inexpensive for what seemed to be a decent product when viewing it online. It’s a great quality of construction for the price. I have the smaller kindle (and older version) and I paid about $30-$40 dollars for the same quality of cover a year or so ago. The cover is incredibly simple to use (literally just slip your kindle in it) and for propping it up in the horizontal position you simply slide the tongue in the back under its holder. So simple and works great (no wobble or barely catching at its hold). Also, it has all the openings for the controls and plug in so nothing that needs quick access is covered up. It comes in some fantastic colors. I bought the orange, which is bright but if you love orange you'll love the color. Plus the orange is super easy to spot if you've set it down in your house distracted by all the things a family can distract you with and then wonder where you set it at.

Honestly, well worth the purchase. Cannot beat the price for the quality. I bought it for less than it is advertised now, but still being a product under $20 is a great bargain. I would buy again and highly recommend. I wish they had this a year ago for the smaller kindle when I was purchasing then. This is perfect for a protective cover and simple propping.
11 comment|186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Well, after reading nothing but glowing reviews for the 7 inch model of this product I decided on this one as my unofficial "home" for my Kindle 8.9.
It came two days early and I must say I'm very happy.
You can use it as a stand or lying flat.
It fits perfectly.
The stylus holder is nice also but could be a tad tighter.
The on off feature doesn't work 100% of the time but it's a minor issue.
It would also be nice if there was a side compartment for a cleaning cloth but also...a minor complaint/suggestion.
The inside is lined with felt (feels like felt anyway) which is also very nice but a major lint collector lol.
I've just been storing my kindle in the box it came in so lugging it to work and back has been a real pain. (I keep it in a gym bag.)
This is much better and much more professional looking.
Cheap, stylish and functional.
For ten bucks (sale price I paid) you can't go wrong.
Recommended.
99 comments|361 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2013
I bought my husband a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" for Christmas. He has Multiple Sclerosis and it currently affects both his vision and his hands. I wanted a case that would add an extra layer of protection if the Kindle slipped out of his hands while not adding bulk or complication during use. This case fills every need. The corners are very sturdy and I believe they will prevent any damage to the edges of the Kindle if (when) it gets dropped. The cover closure is magnetic and it holds well, but it is not such a strong magnet that he can't open it easily by himself. There are appropriate holes in the case for buttons, charging ports, earphone port, and speakers. It was easy to put on and it stays in place well. It also easily folds into a stand that stays firmly in place. I have every reason to believe that this case will add the protection and functionality that will last the entire life span of this Kindle. Highly Recommend!
review image review image
on December 27, 2013
These cases are nice if you're the kind of person who wants variety. They're inexpensive and you can buy a few different colors and patterns for the price of one of the nicer cases.
review image
on March 24, 2013
I love the color and material of the case... the only thing that annoys me is that it seems the case was made up side down...when I open it from right to left ( the way you open a book), my kindle is upside down, which is annoying...other than that the case is nice, but if I had known it was upside down I probably would have purchased a different case...
on December 7, 2012
Great product good for the price I cud not see paying $54 for the amazon version, holds my stylus as well
0Comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2013
Love the case, love the price more. very functional and affordable. would recommend to friends. :-) a very happy customer
on January 17, 2014
Sure, fit and protection are great, top-notch really, but the damn magnets!! If you fold the case cover back to read, you better not move it even a millimeter away from the back, or laterally, or it will put your kindle to sleep. It will put it to sleep if you move the cover while waking it up, it will put it to sleep while turning a page even, making you want to throw your Kindle across the room in annoyance! So mad I wasted money on this....
on May 8, 2013
The Fintie slim fit leather case I ordered for my mom to use on her Kindle Fire HD 8.9" was very cheaply made. It didn't even have the magnets on one side, so it would not even stay closed and put her Kindle to sleep when shut. I will never order another one like it again, or from that company. Very poorly made product.