1,524 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:24 Mins
This Smart Shell case is a great fit for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" so far. Not only do I feel like it provides great protection, but it also is slim and doesn't add unnecessary bulk. My video describes the features I discovered this case has to offer.
Published 8 months ago by Ryan

Published 4 months ago by Neil Rosenberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice, March 15, 2014
Length:: 2:24 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Case, March 12, 2014
Length:: 1:06 Mins

This case is wonderful because it's lightweight, slim and doesn't add any bulk to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0. In the video, I show that the stand is sturdy, versatile and offers different angles. All the ports are easily accessible and none of my device's features are blocked. This smartshell case is easy to use and great for protecting my device.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly flawed, March 2, 2014
It's not the most well-made case I've ever owned, but it fits nicely and the magnets are strong and positive. I have a feeling it will probably last well too, the 'hinge' and the creases in the cover seem well-made. For the price it's excellent.

Knocked one star because they didn't think to put a hollow in the cover for the home button. The cover can press the home button and turn the screen on if there's any pressure against any part of it. If you leave the cover on in a bag you'll probably come back to a dead battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!, February 28, 2014
What an amazing product!! If you're like me and have spent HOURS on Amazon searching for a great case and reading through countless reviews, look no further! The smart shell case is everything I could have ever wanted for my 8 inch Galaxy Tab 3.

The case is slim, yet super protective. It fits my tablet like a glove, and gives me access to all the ports along the edges of the device, including the IR port which was difficult to come by while researching through other cases.

I am beyond happy that I purchased this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made, accurate cutouts, well hidden magnets. Not my favorite design though., July 3, 2014
On the plus side, these Fintie cases are really accurately made, with camera holes, plugs, and the shape of the well into which my Pro 8.4 fits matching up extremely well. Somebody at Fintie engineering obviously puts a lot of time and effort making all of their cases precisely customized for whatever given device. The manufacturing quality is very high as well, and for the given design, they're about as good as one could ask.

The built-in magnets are well hidden and sufficiently strong to provide both closure, and to hold the folded pieces in place when used as a stand. Again, very well thought out, very effective.

All that being said however, these are still not my favorite cases for tablets. I have always found it way too easy to inadvertently touch, and thereby activate something on the screen when holding a tablet with one hand with this kind of case. By virtue of its lack of overlaying material (leather, whatever) around the top edge of the screen, I constantly struggle to figure out how to hold this thing.

IF the above doesn't bother you, then this case is a very good choice, perhaps the best in this category. And it's certainly a very good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice case., October 11, 2013
Great case for my galaxy 3 8.0. Very light so it doesn't add much weight. Nice faux leather. It has a magnetic closure that I like. The openings line up nicely. Perfect for what I was looking for. The price was right too. The seller is excellent, was delivered very quickly. I would recommend. It also comes in many very nice colors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Job, May 16, 2013
Lisita (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Item was as described. Case for samsung fit perfectly. Tablet stands when wanted. Item protects the device well. Color as expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, great case, March 1, 2014
I got this case because I take my tab with me everywhere I go, and also use it in the kitchen all the time. The cover folds into a stand which holds the tab up nicely. The case keeps closed, and protects my Tab from anything in my purse that may scratch it. Very happy with this case.

1.0 out of 5 stars Map Pattern is misleading, March 26, 2014
I purchased the map pattern, which I thought was quite lovely and would go nicely with the gold-brown Tab 3. When I received the case, though, it'd didn't have much of a map on it at all. It looked like I got the bottom corner of a world map, with decorative swirls and a fake Latin scroll (which happened to be right smack in the middle of the front cover). I also noticed that there were bubbles on the back of the case where the vinyl hadn't been glued down properly. I contacted the seller (Fintie) about both issues and was told that the case is cut from a giant map and it wasn't their fault if I didn't get an actual map on my case since it was cut from a large piece of vinyl and they didn't care that there were bubbles on the back, either.

If you're looking for a quality case like this one, Moko makes an almost identical case that works really wall and feels higher quality and make. I had a Moko case on my previous tablet and would have just bought another one, but I thought the map pattern was really nice. Too bad I didn't get what was pictured! This case has since been returned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your search for the perfect case will end with this one, October 24, 2014
This could be one of the better purchases I've ever made for the price... it's that good. I bought the brown color, which looks and feels like leather. The Note 10.1 normally feels a bit flimsy, and this case while not adding much bulk, firms up the package well. I tried Samsung's own expensive "book cover" and it fails in every way that this one excels. Samsung's is clumsy, doesn't stand right or lay right, and doesn't have magnets that control the display.

The Fintie's functionality is superb, and it rivals the iPad itself with it's smart cover, which I used before this. It can be curled back to make a landscape stand that is safe and doesn't tip even when placed on my bed. It also makes a comfortable way to stand on your chest while laying in bed or your belly while sitting on the couch. For portrait use, just fold it flat on the back or curl it back to half size.

The magnets work well in holding it closed. There are features built into the tablet that take advantage of opening and lighting the display. You can get a calendar and sketch pad (which I have turned off), or also set it to unlock the display when opened. Unfortunately, this doesn't always work, but I think it's the tablet's fault and not the case.

I loved the smart cover on my iPad for table-top or desktop use, since it folded underneath to hold the tablet at the right display angle. That was my first disappointment for this one, since doing it the iPad way has the display upside down with the buttons at the top. Of course it was put that way so the buttons would be at the bottom when the stand is used, but unfortunate for the table-top mode I used often. To make matters worse, until the latest Samsung update, the screen rotation wouldn't work holding the tablet upside down... only on either portrait side. But I found a solution! You just have the tablet right side up angled slightly and then fold up the last flap at the top to a right angle on the base to prop it (I've included a photo to show how). Works perfectly, and is stable with the soft touch back holding it in place.

So, I'm very well-pleased with this case. It's the one to buy without a doubt for the Note 10.1 2014 edition.